GDT: #30: FLYERS at Oilers, Friday, Dec. 14, 2018, 9:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Tim Saunders said "The Flyers have not a lot of energy...I'm not sure why... they had optional practices.... it is not fatigue."

It may a loss of drive and interest in addition to being outskilled and outcoached and anything else. The emotional strain from that dramatic loss at Calgary is not acceptable. There should have been fire; there isn't an iota of evidence that the eagerness of redemption was a component. Not exactly a win one for the Gipper or zipper.

...and it won't smell too good.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Scott said that while talking about why they moved on from Hextall. Context is really important.
I'm trying to find this to see the EXACT full context and the only places I see this quote is where it was written in articles as a response to if the Flyers were interested in Quenneville, not that it was why Hextall got fired.

If you can find somewhere that shows this was said in response to a direct question about why Hextall was fired, I'd be happy to see it.

"It was Ron’s decision all along, and it was never discussed with me. My feeling right now is that under the circumstances, with the injuries, I think the coaching staff has done a decent job," said Holmgren (h/t ESPN).
Therefore, if Hakstol cannot turn the things around in the next coming months, could the former Chicago Blackhawks head coach Quenneville be the next guy behind the bench for the Flyers?
According to Dave Issac of the Courier-Post, Scott did not shoot down the idea. In fact, he said that Quenneville’s name came up when the Blackhawks let him go earlier this month, but Hextall wanted to stick to his own path.

This makes it seem like Q was brought up to him as a possibility for future changes, not that Scott listed it when talking about Hextall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino