Confirmed with Link: 3 year extension for Bollig, $1.25m per year cap hit

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Pierre LeBrun‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun·43 secs
Bollig's extension in Chicago worth $1.25 M AAV per year

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I tend to not worry about cap hits, if there's one thing Bowman has shown, is that he has a great understanding of the cap and players value with respect to the cap. Smith and Raanta are the only 2 RFA's left. If you look at capgeek, its pretty easy to see what the roster is going to be next year.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Not a fan of his, but he's been very solid this year and it's obvious he loves the city/fans. As long as this is the Bollig we see instead of the one we saw last year and the year before, it's a great deal.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Good signing for a player who has become a lot better. If you look at a guy like Thornton in Boston (dbaggery aside) he became an effective player because he was exposed to so many minutes and Boston has a very effective 4th line. I see the Hawks trending that way trying to keep 52-16-28 together for an extended time.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The only thing I don't like about this deal is that it means it will be even tougher to find anywhere to put Morin. I can see him getting dealt to New Jersey or something here in the next few days.

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
Don't mind the signing but I would have preferred it to be 2 years and only 925k. I wouldn't want extra cap dollars attached to sending Bollig down (if he passed through waivers) if need be in the future.

Could be worse. I think this is similar to the Reaves contract but 1 year less.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I wouldn't have offered that, but either way it won't hamstring us. I think Bollig is playing over his head, but I've been wrong before.

Really would have liked to see Morin take his place on the fourth line next year.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Good move. Bollig has played really well this year. I really hope we keep Morin, but it looks like he's going to be good as gone too.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Bollig has looked great this year, and has potted more goals than I expected him to. Not a bad deal at all.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I wouldn't have offered that, but either way it won't hamstring us. I think Bollig is playing over his head, but I've been wrong before.

Really would have liked to see Morin take his place on the fourth line next year.

Yeah, I'm not a Bollig fan and would've rather someone else took his spot next year.

But he's been playing well enough, and you can tell the players like him. Just hope he keeps it up.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
I think we paid him just a bit too much, but he's a good fourth line guy, and Bowman knows how to handle the cap, so it should be fine.

On the other hand, you don't want to insult him by low balling him and have another team pick him up when he is doing well in the role he is positioned. He may not seem that important, and the hawks wouldn't die without him, but he fits nicely where he's at.

Last edited:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
People need to look at deals not as the cap is now, but as it will be. 1.25 deals now will be the 800,000 deals 2 years from now.

Nothingman*

I don't mind this. Just another slot gone for our prospects. the 4th line is pretty solid and needs to stay together. They play well together.

Last edited by a moderator:

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Could it be possible that Bollig was re-signed to be used in a trade either by the deadline or during the summer? No doubt he was signed to remain with the Hawks as he has proven to be a very good 4th line player so far this year. The Hawks have the best 4th line in the entire NHL and is a big plus to keep it together for a few more years.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Could it be possible that Bollig was re-signed to be used in a trade either by the deadline or during the summer? No doubt he was signed to remain with the Hawks as he has proven to be a very good 4th line player so far this year. The Hawks have the best 4th line in the entire NHL and is a big plus to keep it together for a few more years.

You don't sign and trade upcoming UFA's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad