Proposal: 3 way trade: PIT/CAR/NJ

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Pens get: Skinner (with extension) + Zacha + Severson

Devils get: Maatta + Brassard + Mckeown

Canes get: Pens 2019 1st + NJ 2019 3rd + Sprong

Pens get more scoring up front, some young talent, and more balance in their top 6 D. Severson allows us to eventually move Schultz/Letang when the time comes. Brassard didn’t really fit with us, he could probably turn it around here but I’m a huge fan of Zacha who would slot in as 3C. Pens lose a lot of future here with the 1st+Sprong, however Skinner, Zacha, and Severson are all young enough that I think it’s worth it.

Devils fans have said they need top 4 LHD and top 6 center so I believe this trade helps them and fits their needs. They get Mckeown as a sweetener and to replenish their RHD after trading Severson.

Canes get a 1st and a top prospect who is a scoring winger and fits the mold of the Canes team. They lose Mckeown but with their new RHD depth he really has no chance at the lineup.

Thoughts?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
So Devils give up Severson Zacha and 3rd round pick for Maatta Brassard and McKeown.
How does this help NJ at all?
They fill needs on LHD and top 6 C like jersey fans said they need. Zacha kinda bounces between LW and C, whereas brassard is more of an established top 6 center

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
So give up our RHD for an injury prone LHD and a 21 year old for a 30 year old? Why on earth would this be attractive to NJ?

They fill needs on LHD and top 6 C like jersey fans said they need. Zacha kinda bounces between LW and C, whereas brassard is more of an established top 6 center

That’s cool. Now we need a RHD cause we just traded him and opened up the exact same hole on the other side.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't think it's that bad for the Canes, ignoring the "with extension" part (which is usually HF fantasy anyhow).

Skinner's value as a rental is probably deadline value: Late 1st+good prospect
McKeown's value is probably a 2nd round pick or similar value forward prospect.

Pens 1st = late 1st
Sprong+NJ 3rd = good prospect + 2nd round pick/similar value forward prospect.

It's then up to the Pens to get him signed to an extension.

Reactions: 99664987

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Pens get: Skinner (with extension) + Zacha + Severson

Devils get: Maatta + Brassard + Mckeown

Canes get: Pens 2019 1st + NJ 2019 3rd + Sprong

Pens get more scoring up front, some young talent, and more balance in their top 6 D. Severson allows us to eventually move Schultz/Letang when the time comes. Brassard didn’t really fit with us, he could probably turn it around here but I’m a huge fan of Zacha who would slot in as 3C. Pens lose a lot of future here with the 1st+Sprong, however Skinner, Zacha, and Severson are all young enough that I think it’s worth it.

Devils fans have said they need top 4 LHD and top 6 center so I believe this trade helps them and fits their needs. They get Mckeown as a sweetener and to replenish their RHD after trading Severson.

Canes get a 1st and a top prospect who is a scoring winger and fits the mold of the Canes team. They lose Mckeown but with their new RHD depth he really has no chance at the lineup.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are that you are a penguins fan that’s knows nothing about other teams in the nhl, because this is shit for CAR and NJD

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
My thoughts are that you are a penguins fan that’s knows nothing about other teams in the nhl, because this is **** for CAR and NJD
I don’t get how you can say that. Do you really think Skinner returns more than a 1st+Sprong level prospect? I can’t see that happening

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I don’t get how you can say that. Do you really think Skinner returns more than a 1st+Sprong level prospect? I can’t see that happening
This trade does not help the other teams. Only Pittsburgh. That’s the problem with your proposal. It only helps Pittsburgh. Not to mention all three teams are divisional rivals.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Terrible for Canes. McKeown and Sprong are a wash. 2nd rounders one year apart who have developed well - D vs Wing. Skinner for a late 1st is awful value.

Reactions: DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Terrible for Canes. McKeown and Sprong are a wash. 2nd rounders one year apart who have developed well - D vs Wing. Skinner for a late 1st is awful value.

I disagree on McKeown vs. Sprong being a wash as I think Sprong has higher upside and will be a better NHL player. Who knows for sure though. I think Skinner's value (without extension) is similar to value at the deadline, which is a late 1st + good prospect.

I don't think this is as "terrible" as some others do (again, ignoring the extension part).

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I disagree on McKeown vs. Sprong being a wash as I think Sprong has higher upside and will be a better NHL player. Who knows for sure though. I think Skinner's value (without extension) is similar to value at the deadline, which is a late 1st + good prospect.

I don't think this is as "terrible" as some others do (again, ignoring the extension part).

I’d take just about any other team in the NHL’s 1st over Pittsburgh if I’m gambling. I see a pretty big difference between #25-30 and #16-20. And I realize that sounds silly seeing as Pittsburgh fell at #22 last year, but I think the team underperformed quite a bit.

Personally I don’t like Sprong much. I think there is something off there. Too many people saying he lacks effort or any willingness to play defense. Fell too far in the Draft. Always in trade rumors. Didn’t crack a Pittsburgh team despite them lacking offensive depth (could be related to lack of defense).

I’m also not eager to hand Pittsburgh a guy who I think could pot 40+ there.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Can't afford to lose
Maatta, Going from Brassard to Zacha is a huge huge huge downgrade.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I’d take just about any other team in the NHL’s 1st over Pittsburgh if I’m gambling. I see a pretty big difference between #25-30 and #16-20. And I realize that sounds silly seeing as Pittsburgh fell at #22 last year, but I think the team underperformed quite a bit.

Personally I don’t like Sprong much. I think there is something off there. Too many people saying he lacks effort or any willingness to play defense. Fell too far in the Draft. Always in trade rumors. Didn’t crack a Pittsburgh team despite them lacking offensive depth (could be related to lack of defense).

I’m also not eager to hand Pittsburgh a guy who I think could pot 40+ there.

Sprong didn't crack Pittsburgh because of how deep they our on RW. He'd make almost every team in the league otherwise last year.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space

21 year old zacha putting up 25 on the devils> 30 year old brassard on the penguins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad