Eklund Rumor: 3 way deal?? Hamilton to Blues - Shattenkirk to Bruins - Prospect/picks to Flames

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Yet more "throw crap at the wall and see if it sticks" from Eklund. This makes absolutely no sense. We're willing to move Shatty because of the cost of extending him and we want to give Parayko a bigger hole. Trading for Hamilton literally does the opposite and adds salary.

"Throw more crap'' is one way to term it, another would be "hasn't been accurate since''. Seriously take the Philly hit out out it and when was an E post correct?

I really would like to know that.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah blues need another RHD

Parayko is the replacement for Shatty. Him and Pietrangelo are the top 4 right shot dmen for this team and Schmaltz should be on the team once Shatty is gone.

If the Blues brought in any sort of dman it should be a puck moving left shot, but that isn't a priority at all right now.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary moves their best defenseman for McAvoy and a 1st. This makes sense.

This makes no sense for the Flames. Unless it's a lottery pick, the Flames scouting staff is incapable of make the right pick (unless it's some random luck once in a blue moon). You can probably argue they are not that good with a lottery pick also.

So essentially they trade an established top pairing dman for a prospect that they hope to become one?

BT has made only one good deal as the Flames GM. He is not going to undo it for this.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Why does this place even have an "Eklund Rumour" prefix choice for threads?

Does he pay for it to look like he's an insider or even relevant because I've never seen anything even close to being correct from him?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
So let's break this down.

STL moves Shattenkirk and a 1st for RHD Hamilton. (Who is 5.5AAV) Why would STL do this? Would be over 15 mil on right side, where STL is stacked both at NHL and AHL level.

Boston moves McAvoy for Shattenkirk. This makes sense.

Calgary moves their best defenseman for McAvoy and a 1st. This makes sense.

Seems marginally fair, especially if STL intends to move Parayko for Duchene.
Once again, absolutely not happening!

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Hypothetical:

Shattenkirk for Hamilton, Parayko for Duchene.

Can't do one without the other.

So Blues trade Shattenkirk + Parayko (roughly $5.11M) for Duchene and Hamilton ($11.75M). For those that are math challenged that means the Blues would add $6.64M in cap when they only have $5.74M in deadline space. Salary would have to be going the other way somewhere. More likely (although none of this is likely) the Blues would flip Hamilton for Duchene and keep Parayko. The cap difference would be much less.

Beninnola

Mar 29, 2012
So Blues trade Shattenkirk + Parayko (roughly $5.11M) for Duchene and Hamilton ($11.75M). For those that are math challenged that means the Blues would add $6.64M in cap when they only have $5.74M in deadline space. Salary would have to be going the other way somewhere. More likely (although none of this is likely) the Blues would flip Hamilton for Duchene and keep Parayko. The cap difference would be much less.

Yeah, again this is level 1 child's play.

Friedman tweeted today that Armstrong was looking to dump salary.

Obviously that would have to happen for any scenario of STL acquiring most of anything considering Shattenkirk's salary and STLs cap.

But keep reading these posts like a 4th grade English teacher. I need that in my life.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Yeah, it's speculation. You think you're original pointing out that fact?
It's not even speculation. It makes no sense for most of the teams involved. STL has zero reason to move Shattenkirk for a RHD signed long term to an expensive contract. Calgary has zero reason to move a young defenseman under team control that they desperately need for futures.

I suppose Boston could conceivably move futures for Shattenkirk, but it's a stretch to think they would move a "major prospect + 1st," unless your definition of a major prospect is stretched to the point that it means someone who could conceivably make the NHL one day.

It's just gibberish, really.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
That's what i was thinking . I've NEVER seen a follow up to anything as foolish as this when he's said : more to come ! I think it's just a site hit producer, & that's it .

He usually talks more about the rumor with a few more details on his daily podcast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad