Eklund Rumor: 3 way deal?? Hamilton to Blues - Shattenkirk to Bruins - Prospect/picks to Flames

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Just a joke. The whole point of trading Shattenkirk is to spread the wealth across other positions of need, not get another RHD.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yet more "throw crap at the wall and see if it sticks" from Eklund. This makes absolutely no sense. We're willing to move Shatty because of the cost of extending him and we want to give Parayko a bigger hole. Trading for Hamilton literally does the opposite and adds salary.

Beninnola

Mar 29, 2012
So let's break this down.

STL moves Shattenkirk and a 1st for RHD Hamilton. (Who is 5.5AAV) Why would STL do this? Would be over 15 mil on right side, where STL is stacked both at NHL and AHL level.

Boston moves McAvoy for Shattenkirk. This makes sense.

Calgary moves their best defenseman for McAvoy and a 1st. This makes sense.

Seems marginally fair, especially if STL intends to move Parayko for Duchene.

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
So let's break this down.

STL moves Shattenkirk and a 1st for RHD Hamilton. (Who is 5.5AAV) Why would STL do this? Would be over 15 mil on right side, where STL is stacked both at NHL and AHL level.

Boston moves McAvoy for Shattenkirk. This makes sense.

Calgary moves their best defenseman for McAvoy and a 1st. This makes sense.

Seems marginally fair, especially if STL intends to move Parayko for Duchene.

All except for, the Blues moving the first i can see the premise of the deal . But, i still don't see it happening .

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Why does everyone keep making posts about this guy? He's so full of **** I could be a better insider

Beninnola

Mar 29, 2012
All except for, the Blues moving the first i can see the premise of the deal . But, i still don't see it happening .

Yeah me either really, I haven't looked @ cap but pretty confident Boston doesn't have 4.5 free anyway?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hahaha. Eklund does it again.

NO freaking sense in this idea. That would put Blues back to have three "too-good" righties. No money and no ice-time to given for all.

No sense at all. Typical Eklund.

Godfather

Feb 13, 2004
Been following him for years. He's wrong more than right. But he has been correct on some items.

I can't see this trade happening.

May 27, 2012
Earth
1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Yes. Only one who called Johansson for Jones.

And Richards and Carter back in 2011.

98% of the time Eklund is just throwing stuff at the wall, but every once in a while he stumbles across a real leak(chalk it up to the blind squirrel theory).

This is not one of those times.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
latest from Eklund..... a rare 3 way deal???

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...-STLBostonCalgary--Also-Duchene-Race-/1/82330

he will have more on this later......

Calgary is not trading Hamilton and even if they decide to they are not accepting futures . As a fan of both Edmonton and Calgary I can tell you there isn't no way in hell Calgary is going to take a step back and hope futures turn out as good as Hamilton has been this year . You want Hamilton start with a replacement D then keep adding until it is a no brainer . Burke was one of the biggest Hockey man against a scorch earth rebuild like the Oilers did he isn't following those in those footsteps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad