Eklund Rumor: 3 way deal?? Hamilton to Blues - Shattenkirk to Bruins - Prospect/picks to Flames

skilles

Jun 23, 2012
Blues have Parayko and Petro why would they want Hamilton same problem they have with Shattenkirk

Well they wouldn't in a perfect world but Army let Shatty get to close to UFA so at this point if you can't get what you need it makes perfect sense to at least extend your asset without being sellers.

The Blues have been trying to trade Shatty for awhile so obviously nothing they think makes sense has been offered..I know this is a deal I would make in a heartbeat if I couldn't find what I was looking for and I would live to fight another day having Hamilton signed for 4 more years.

It doesn't make sense as plan A but I'd say we are looking at plan A in the rear view mirror.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Also why the hell would we move an established young top 4 D for a prospect and a pick, which is less than what we gave up for him?

skilles

Jun 23, 2012
Also why the hell would we move an established young top 4 D for a prospect and a pick, which is less than what we gave up for him?

Yeah, doesn't seem to make much sense for Calgary unless they are having some unknown problems with Hamilton or maybe want to clear cap space for something else.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
So the Flames, who are tied with us for a wild card spot, are going to give us a young, team controlled, top 4D, and take a 1st and prospects in return? Uh huh. :)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yeah, again this is level 1 child's play.

Friedman tweeted today that Armstrong was looking to dump salary.

Obviously that would have to happen for any scenario of STL acquiring most of anything considering Shattenkirk's salary and STLs cap.

But keep reading these posts like a 4th grade English teacher. I need that in my life.

It might be level 1 child's play (what do you even mean by that?), but it's not EA's NHL video game. GMs do not concoct a series of multiple moves mid-season that are all contingent on one another to be successful. In a video game, if one of the deals you anticipated doesn't get accepted, you just reload an old save. In real life, if Armstrong moves out salary, let's say Berglund, and Calgary nixes the Hamilton swap, Blues are suddenly screwed with even less center depth than before. Each move has to make sense in a vacuum, otherwise something can go wrong with too many moving parts. Your proposal is utterly unrealistic. But keep up the child's play with the video-game proposals. I'm sure you will be right as often as Eklund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad