Proposal: 3 way Canadian deal TOR-VAN-CGY

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Toronto: Tanev

Calgary: Pick 25, SJ 2018 3rd (Via Toronto)

Vancouver: S.Bennett, A.Borgman, M.Mcdonald

Leafs get a partner for rielly, Flames move into the 1st rd, nucks get 3 young guys with upside (Borgman being the oldest, turned 23 today)

I'd do it if one of Bokk or Kaut is still available at that point.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Lmao I've seen the OP talk lots about how he doesn't want to trade for Tanev because of "muh injuries", yet here he is with this horrible offer where the Canucks lose by a mile. Real surprising.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Is there really any Flames fan that wants to trade Bennett for a late first rounder? Doesn't tempt me at all.

Even if he never improves and never gets consistent I'd rather keep him. I am happy to gamble he will pull it all together in the next two years but there's worse things to have than an entertaining 3rd liner that once every 15 or 20 games is the best player on the ice.

A 10% chance of getting Pastrnak isn't worth it.

I would if Bokk or Kaut is still available, people really don't understand the potential and help they'd bring for the Flames.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Toronto: Tanev

Calgary: Pick 25, SJ 2018 3rd (Via Toronto)

Vancouver: S.Bennett, A.Borgman, M.Mcdonald

Leafs get a partner for rielly, Flames move into the 1st rd, nucks get 3 young guys with upside (Borgman being the oldest, turned 23 today)
:laugh:

Canucks get fleeced. Throw this one into the trash.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
no joke my friend, Borgman is for real

tanev is so over-rated it's criminal, he's been sold as a first pairing guy which he is not

he was in the Nux first pair because of injury and having no other choices, kinda like when Boz was the Leafs first line centre

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
no joke my friend, Borgman is for real

tanev is so over-rated it's criminal, he's been sold as a first pairing guy which he is not

he was in the Nux first pair because of injury and having no other choices, kinda like when Boz was the Leafs first line centre
If Tanev is so over-rated then why does it seem every leafs fan wants him?

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
We don’t. I would take a chance on him for very little (conditional first round pick, drops a round every 10 games missed for injury) but he’s nowhere near my first 5 choices or maybe even 10 choices.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What exactly do you think you have in Bennett?
Reliable 3rd line winger that brings energy, creates scoring chances, plays physical and still has potential to improve. I'm one of Bennett's biggest critics on the Flames board, but there is literally no reason to trade him for anything less than a top 15 pick.

Before you (or others) starting whining and complaining about that statement, I am not suggesting anyone will give up a pick that high, in fact, I think it is extremely unlikely. But then again a current NHL GM did give up Picks #16 and #33 for Griffin Reinhard just 3 years ago, so you never know.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I'm a Leafs fan and I definitely do not want him, I can't speak for the rest of Leafs Nation, but I'm positive there is a large number who also do not want this guy

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I love when you can tell someone doesn't even watch a team, but acts like an expert. Next.
I love when you can tell that someone's a ridiculous homer and believe anyone would be envious of a 25 point forward. Just because Calgary blew a first rounder (a top 4 pick no less) on him doesn't mean other teams are hoping to do the same

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I love when you can tell that someone's a ridiculous homer and believe anyone would be envious of a 25 point forward. Just because Calgary blew a first rounder (a top 4 pick no less) on him doesn't mean other teams are hoping to do the same
The only people hung up on Bennett's draft position are posters like you. No Flames fan will deny he hasn't lived up to draft position.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The only people hung up on Bennett's draft position are posters like you. No Flames fan will deny he hasn't lived up to draft position.
well that Flames fan seems to think he's the ideal first round talent that teams hope for, which is not accurate. he wouldn't be the worst player to get late in the first, but he's not anyone's dream player at that spot either

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
well that Flames fan seems to think he's the ideal first round talent that teams hope for, which is not accurate. he wouldn't be the worst player to get late in the first, but he's not anyone's dream player at that spot either
He said nothing of the sort. He said the players mentioned seem to be the kind of guys that are more likely to end up as 3rd liners, which is what Bennett is now. Really wasn't hard to understand the guy if you took a moment and actually read his post.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Never said that.
But if you followed along with the discussion beforehand, and your reading comp level was passable, you could see that in the 20's in most drafts you have a more than likely chance at picking someone who will be sub-par to Bennett.

Guys clearly better than Bennett by draft year:
2010: Coyle, Hayes; and a quick hitter neither had Bennett's NHL success at his current age.
2011: Rakkell, Murphy (maybe? not even)
2012: Pearson (maybe?), Maatta (Maybe?)
2013: Theodore, Burakovsky (ish), Matha
2014: Pasta
2015: Boeser

So, out of 66 guys a season, 11 guys better or similar to Sam. So Calgary should certainly move a guy who's shown flashes of greatness for a 16.7% chance at getting someone similar to him or better, or a 10.6% chance at someone who is clearly better than him or a 3% at someone's who elite?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Never said that.
But if you followed along with the discussion beforehand, and your reading comp level was passable, you could see that in the 20's in most drafts you have a more than likely chance at picking someone who will be sub-par to Bennett.

Guys clearly better than Bennett by draft year:
2010: Coyle, Hayes; and a quick hitter neither had Bennett's NHL success at his current age.
2011: Rakkell, Murphy (maybe? not even)
2012: Pearson (maybe?), Maatta (Maybe?)
2013: Theodore, Burakovsky (ish), Matha
2014: Pasta
2015: Boeser

So, out of 66 guys a season, 11 guys better or similar to Sam. So Calgary should certainly move a guy who's shown flashes of greatness for a 16.7% chance at getting someone similar to him or better, or a 10.6% chance at someone who is clearly better than him or a 3% at someone's who elite?
there are many more people better than bennett that you didn't include in those draft years

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He said nothing of the sort. He said the players mentioned seem to be the kind of guys that are more likely to end up as 3rd liners, which is what Bennett is now. Really wasn't hard to understand the guy if you took a moment and actually read his post.

f***, what world am I living in these days?
On one thread an Oiler fan is defending the Flames, and in this one you're backing me up :laugh:. I don't even know what the next step is here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad