Post-Game Talk: 3 Stoppable Goals, Leafs Lose 5-3 to the Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Bernier has been great for the Leafs in the majority of his starts but if Reimer doesn't get the nod on Thursday, I'll be a little ticked.

KingMatthews

popcorn.gif
Jan 14, 2009
Toronto
Can someone please explain to me why Colton Orr is a legitimate choice for the fourth line if he's not punching faces? I don't see how he brings anything to the table if he's not engaging in fisticuffs.

Penalty Kill Icing*

When Leafs travel and reach opposition city late night at 3 am, opposition wins 6-3.

When opposition travels and reaches Toronto at 4 am, opposition wins 5-3.

:laugh:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm sorry but I want clear cut direction from big mouth Leiwike and Nonis.
I want something this team hasn't had since 1985: high end talent core players.
I'm tired of guessing Maple Leaf building strategy and want what St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Colorado all seem to fall ass backwards into.

I can suffer and wait to get the elite pieces but get them.
Ekblad 2014
MacDavid 2015

Don't let Buffalo get them and beat us for the next 10 years.
Start unloading underachievers, UFAs and give the fan base proper direction.
Stop flapping in the breeze as an organization.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Lots of the Leafs seem real content to do the "dump" portion and get the puck off their stick in important situations.

We need more guys who want to do the "chase" portion and want the puck on their stick in those situations.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
there is some kind of cancer that became apparent on this team some 20 games ago, its quite clear now this cancer has spread and has taken control over the host (leafs)

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
This team needs to drop well away from the wild card position. Nothing drastic will be done until that happens.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
Bernier had a bad two games but I'm fine with him starting the next one. He's our #1 and it's fine by me if Carlyle lets him make up for it.

I don't know if you remember Babcock but asked what he thought of Howard's performance and who's starting next game: "he didn't play well. We're gonna go back to Howie again."

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Good thing we got Phaneuf all locked up. Now he can go back to playing like a braindead moron for the next seven years. This team is a failure.

If we look at this team honestly compared to the rest of the league, is there really anybody you wouldn't trade other than Reilly?

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
there is some kind of cancer that became apparent on this team some 20 games ago, its quite clear now this cancer has spread and has taken control over the host (leafs)

Uh ya. Right around Kessel getting his contract

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Bernier had a bad two games but I'm fine with him starting the next one. He's our #1 and it's fine by me if Carlyle lets him make up for it.

I don't know if you remember Babcock but asked what he thought of Howard's performance and who's starting next game: "he didn't play well. We're gonna go back to Howie again."

If there was any game for Bernier to make up his performance against the Rangers it was this game in which the Islanders were playing a back to back on the road.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
All I have to say is, Leafs are a very poorly conditioned team, that last min with guys panting with a man advantage after 30 seconds says all you want to know about Anthony Belza and our commitment to being in NHL shape.

Funny you mention that. Gary Roberts actually called out Anthony belzas approach to the leafs conditioning program. cant remember where I saw it but I thought that it was interesting

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
That was a pretty half-hearted effort against a team below them in the standings that played last night and got in late at 3:00 am.

Should have more jump alone to shake off the NYR game.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Good thing we got Phaneuf all locked up. Now he can go back to playing like a braindead moron for the next seven years. This team is a failure.

If we look at this team honestly compared to the rest of the league, is there really anybody you wouldn't trade other than Reilly?

I like the players, I think they're not suited to Carlyle game plans. So it's change the system or change the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad