Sat. Mar. 30
Pbo @ Osh 7:05pm

Sun. Mar. 31
Osh @ Pbo 7:05pm

Tues. Apr. 2
Pbo @ Osh 7:05pm

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
As it should be, I think this will be the most competitive 1st round playoff matchup. I’m picking the upset in 7.

Reactions: three dog night

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Yeah this is the closest to call IMO only because I think Peterborough is the best team outside of the 8 90 point teams.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Unlike most of the 1st round matchups--this is the most intriguing. This could go either way--but I'm picking the Petes in 7.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I agree could go either way but will be totally exciting!

Lots of rivalry so it will be intense (did you see that 12-6 Oshawa over Peterborough loss?).

Petes in 6!

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I will be in no way surprised to see the petes take this. But my better judgement says Oshawa in 6 But this series will be a hard one for who ever comes out on top And I can’t wait! GO PETES GO!!!!

Reactions: Bra Wavers

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Generals in 6. Oshawa has looked good down the stretch & that trend should hold true here. Peterborough strikes me as one of those teams that can beat any team on any given night or lose to them. I expect the best out of the Petes here dragging this series out longer than most first round match ups.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
On paper the Petes have a good team, but they've done nothing all season to suggest that they're the team they are on paper. The Gens offence vs the Petes defence is one of the bigger mismatches of any first round series. Petes have a goalie who is pretty good, but the Gens have Keyser who's considerably better. 6 games wouldn't shock me, but I'll go Gens in 5

Reactions: nelli27

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Generals in 5, based on their lineup Petes should give them a better fight but you never know which team will show up any given night.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
On paper the Petes have a good team, but they've done nothing all season to suggest that they're the team they are on paper. The Gens offence vs the Petes defence is one of the bigger mismatches of any first round series. Petes have a goalie who is pretty good, but the Gens have Keyser who's considerably better. 6 games wouldn't shock me, but I'll go Gens in 5

LOL

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

wait, you're going to argue that Hunter Jones is better than Kyle Keyser.....?

Keyser: 2.75 GAA and .915 save % (2nd in the OHL)
Jones: 3.31 GAA and .902 save % (12th in the OHL)

It's not even close. Jones might become very good one day (he's already above average) but Keyser is the 2nd best goalie in the league behind UPL

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
wait, you're going to argue that Hunter Jones is better than Kyle Keyser.....?

Keyser: 2.75 GAA and .915 save % (2nd in the OHL)
Jones: 3.31 GAA and .902 save % (12th in the OHL)

It's not even close. Jones might become very good one day (he's already above average) but Keyser is the 2nd best goalie in the league behind UPL

You also have to factor in the GP difference and the fact that Jones played on a weaker team.

I never said Jones was better but Keyser isn't "considerably better"

UPL, DiPietro, Prosvetov are all better than Keyser.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You also have to factor in the GP difference and the fact that Jones played on a weaker team.

I never said Jones was better but Keyser isn't "considerably better"

UPL, DiPietro, Prosvetov are all better than Keyser.

Take the homer glasses off

Keyser is for sure considerably better than Jones. His save % was 13 points higher. That's a whole lot. Jones was barely over .900 which is considered the average. He was 12th in the league in a league that only has 20 teams.

Why would I have to factor in Jones is on a weaker team? Its an Oshawa vs Peterborough analysis.... The team you're on matters lol.

Keyser: .915 save %
DiPietro: .911 save % (and just .897 save % after getting traded to the best team in the league)
Prosvetov: .910 save %

But yeah, I'm just being a homer.... come on :laugh:

Last edited:

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Keyser is for sure considerably better than Jones. His save % was 13 points higher. That's a whole lot. Jones was barely over .900 which is considered the average. He was 12th in the league in a league that only has 20 teams.

Why would I have to factor in Jones is on a weaker team? Its an Oshawa vs Peterborough analysis.... The team you're on matters lol.

Keyser: .915 save %
DiPietro: .911 save % (and just .897 save % after getting traded to the best team in the league)
Prosvetov: .910 save %

But yeah, I'm just being a homer.... come on :laugh:

You put Jones on a stronger team and his numbers are going to be better. It's a pretty simple logic, though I'm not surprised you don't understand.

You base everything off one stat for one season. Jones is doing just as well as Keyser in the same period of his development.

DiPetro has a career .913 save % and 2.52 GAA in 174 games to go along with 19 shutouts.
Keyser has a career .903 save % and 3.19 GAA in 137 games with 6 shutouts.

Check your stats..

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You put Jones on a stronger team and his numbers are going to be better. It's a pretty simple logic, though I'm not surprised you don't understand.

You base everything off one stat for one season. Jones is doing just as well as Keyser in the same period of his development.

DiPetro has a career .913 save % and 2.52 GAA in 174 games to go along with 19 shutouts.

Check your stats..

The Petes have the talent that all the other teams do. They have 8 NHL draft players. The Gens also have 8. The Petes have a first rounder in the coming draft, the Gens do not. The Petes have a 1st rounder from last years draft, the Gens also do not. If you switch Keyser/Jones, the Petes finish 3rd in the East and not all the way down at 6th.

You base everything off one stat for one season.

Uhhhh, yeah we're talking about who has been better this year, so yeah, we'd look at stats this year.....

And LOL, now you're just cherry picking stats that don't even apply to anything. So because DiPietro was one of the best 16 year old goalies the OHL has ever seen, now that means he's better than Keyser is this season? That couldn't possibly make any less sense. "Joe Thornton is better than Alex DeBrincat in 2019 because Thornton had 76 points in 2013 and DeBrincat wasn't even in the league yet". That's literally what you're saying. Makes no sense.

You got into this argument just for the sake of arguing [Mod].

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WolvesFanSudbury

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
The Petes have the talent that all the other teams do. They have 8 NHL draft players. The Gens also have 8. The Petes have a first rounder in the coming draft, the Gens do not. The Petes have a 1st rounder from last years draft, the Gens also do not. If you switch Keyser/Jones, the Petes finish 3rd in the East and not all the way down at 6th.

Uhhhh, yeah we're talking about who has been better this year, so yeah, we'd look at stats this year.....

And LOL, now you're just cherry picking stats that don't even apply to anything. So because DiPietro was one of the best 16 year old goalies the OHL has ever seen, now that means he's better than Keyser is this season? That couldn't possibly make any less sense. "Joe Thornton is better than Alex DeBrincat in 2019 because Thornton had 76 points in 2013 and DeBrincat wasn't even in the league yet". That's literally what you're saying. Makes no sense.

You got into this argument just for the sake of arguing, as you have a tendency to do, but now you're embarrassing yourself

You said Keyser was the second best goalie in the league. I provided stats for a goalie who has consistently been better than keyser. Your only argument is his save %. The only thing Keyser has on DiPietro is save % this year. DiPietro started for Canada at the worlds, Keyser was back up. DiPietro kept stellar numbers on weak teams even when he was younger, Keyser did not. You’re the one cherry picking stats from one season to make yourself sound right LOL.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Team Canada was disappointment this year. Further save percentage is individual stat. What percentage of shots does the goalie stop. GAA is a bit more of a team stat as lots of shots no matter save percentage can result in more goals against. Keyser is better than Jones right now. Jones is a star in the making and best goalie for his age in the league, but Keyser better today

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Team Canada was disappointment this year. Further save percentage is individual stat. What percentage of shots does the goalie stop. GAA is a bit more of a team stat as lots of shots no matter save percentage can result in more goals against. Keyser is better than Jones right now. Jones is a star in the making and best goalie for his age in the league, but Keyser better today

Exactly. The other poster got so confused as to what he was even trying to say he started citing stats from all over that place that had absolutely nothing to do with the initial convo. All I was saying is today (this series) Keyser is definitely better than Jones. Doesn't mean Jones won't be unreal in the future or even be a top 3 goalie next year. Some people just want to fight o_O

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Exactly. The other poster got so confused as to what he was even trying to say he started citing stats from all over that place that had absolutely nothing to do with the initial convo. All I was saying is today (this series) Keyser is definitely better than Jones. Doesn't mean Jones won't be unreal in the future or even be a top 3 goalie next year. Some people just want to fight o_O
totally agree GENS in 4 and yes im a Petes fan lol

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I'm looking forward to this series. It could be the most competitive first round matchup in the league in my opinion. A couple of really good goalies could decide the series one way or another.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I agree with what someone said earlier about the Petes being the best team outside the top 4 in either conference but they really haven't matched up well with Oshawa. If it were the Wolves or 67s I could see them pulling off the upset but hard to see it here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad