#3 Oshawa vs #6 Peterborough

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Are we using this thread or the Petes thread to talk about the series?

Grondin is out for the start of the playoffs. I had heard it was unlikely he'd be back this year at all. Hinz and Spearing are in.

The Examiner has collected all their Petes playoff stories (there are about nine in the past two days) here: Peterborough Petes News | ThePeterboroughExaminer.com

People can criticize the Examiner and at times rightly so, but we get pretty extensive coverage compared to almost every other team in the league, only a couple come anywhere close.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I try not to get myself involved in these things but reading your posts and seeing how you actually think that people find you funny and/or informed drives me nuts and I can't not say something. All you do is fight with people on this site. You're a Sudbury fan and are currently fighting in multiple threads and none of them are even the Sudbury thread. Stop trying to insert yourself into everything. I've never seen someone so obsessed with drama in my life. At 5:47am (time of your post) the most important thing in your life was to make this post and try to get the last word and to try to make yourself look cool. The way you tried to word it to make yourself look like the cool, funny guy is enough to make anyone never want to log into this site ever again. Just stop. We get it, you love drama but enough is enough. Please stop.

Sign, every Petes/Gens fans (but really every single fanbase on here)
Thanks I needed a laugh today. You guys are really a pair. Updates is a prophet and you are able to speak for everyone on here, wow. Where do I say I think people find me funny (I am by the way) and informed. What you are doing is called projecting how helpless you feel at the fact that I am both funny and informed onto me, and you resent me for it. Also please show me the multiple threads where I’m “fighting” with people, they only exist in that alternate reality you and your buddy Updates reside in.
Finally I am cool, cooler than than a bug on ice and hotter than the rolling dice. That is when the Wolves play....a transformation occurs and I become the Werewolf man :)

PS. Can play a mean guitar too.

Lighten up man, life is too short.

Last edited:

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Are we using this thread or the Petes thread to talk about the series?

Grondin is out for the start of the playoffs. I had heard it was unlikely he'd be back this year at all. Hinz and Spearing are in.

The Examiner has collected all their Petes playoff stories (there are about nine in the past two days) here: Peterborough Petes News | ThePeterboroughExaminer.com

People can criticize the Examiner and at times rightly so, but we get pretty extensive coverage compared to almost every other team in the league, only a couple come anywhere close.

I agree. I know I have complained in the past about the Examiner, but we are very lucky to get the coverage we do for the Petes. Especially with so many other papers folding in recent years. And if anyone else has tried to look on newspaper sites for other cities for OHL news, you know how sparse the coverage is in most places.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
On paper the Petes have a good team, but they've done nothing all season to suggest that they're the team they are on paper. The Gens offence vs the Petes defence is one of the bigger mismatches of any first round series. Petes have a goalie who is pretty good, but the Gens have Keyser who's considerably better. 6 games wouldn't shock me, but I'll go Gens in 5

I'm not even a Gens or Petes fan, but that is what you said lol

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I also never said anything about the talent difference. I said Keyser had a considerably better season. I literally said multiple times Jones may very well become a stud goalie and will probably be top 3 in the league next year, but I'm talking about right now not the future.

And wait, you just accused someone else of obsessing over people calling out posts yet you made a fake account to boost yourself up and are the one who started this entire "fight" by constantly going back at every post I made, even though none of the Petes fans, who most can't stand me, don't even back up what you're saying and admit Keyser had a better year, because it's impossible to claim otherwise? You're something else.

I apologize to the rest of the thread who are enjoying laughing at our friend here contradict himself in every post just to keep a "fight" going but this is the time I add to the mute list. Some people you just will never be able to get through to :laugh:

Where did I contradict myself? You said "Petes have Jones who's pretty good, but Keyser is considerably better. You didn't say Keyser has been considerably better, you said he is considerably better, but i'm the one who contracted myself, right?

You can think you're cool for claiming that I made a second account because they agreed with me, but that really just shows how small you are.

I apologize to Redlight Haze for getting dragged into this by Homer.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Yep sure. Not sure what that drivel was all about but you really need help if you couldn’t tell how sarcastic I was being. You just proved our point, you had to go through great lengths to once again get the last word and prove to yourself you’re right.
Oh and I definitely enjoy listening to other people’s ideas and views. I do it all the time on here. Check my posts, you’re one of the few that consistently finds reasons to argue with me, and obviously others. :) Frankly Il admit I sometimes engage with you out of boredom, you’re so predictable and narrow minded. Every time I think you might be able to hold a two way discussion you prove me wrong. Okay then, go your own way like the Fleetwood Mac song but it wouldn’t hurt to look at your posts objectively and see how you come across. Well peace out, being a moral “arbiter” is tiring :) I think the word you were looking for is arbitrator sunshine.
So Mr Updates is it last word time? I dare you you not to respond...c’mon you can do it, deep breath

Sorry guys, I’m out, hope it’s a good series.
:thumbu:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Special Teams OSH/PBO stats going into the game tonight:
OSH powerplay post-deadline: 34/119 (28.6%)
PBO powerplay post-Merkley trade (seemed more fitting since Little was the only deadline move and he doesn't get PP time): 34/156 (21.8%)

OSH penalty kill post-deadline: 77/93 (82.8%)
PBO penalty kill post-deadline: 86/115 (74.8%)

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Lets have a good hard fought and fair series!
Respect on the ice and in the stands

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Good luck in the stands lol ptbo isn’t bad 70 year old fans are pretty quiet but gens fans are ruthless in their barn

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Good luck in the stands lol ptbo isn’t bad 70 year old fans are pretty quiet but gens fans are ruthless in their barn

The Petes fans actually travelled better tonight than I've seen in Oshawa. Had half a section filled behind the Gens net. Hopefully the drive home was better than the actual event..

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Went to the game last night and here’s some thoughts.....

Generals played much differently from first two games. Keyser is huge for this team.

I was sitting behind net generals shot on twice. The Gens were battling against crappy ice, boards, glass and refs all game.

The puck was bouncing like a ball all game. The deflections off the boards and glass were brutal and the calls made were fine except for the fact that the Petes got away with many things the generals were called with.
I have no real issue with generals penalty calls except for the Petes did the same and never seemed to get called. The Petes has two 5 on 3’s as well.
Again I will say Merkley is a really good player but his extra curricular stuff is so old now.
I would have thought late in the third that he was done for the year with a blown knee or something the way he threw his stick and gloves and barely got off the ice only to see him 20 seconds later on a power play skating like nothing happened.

I knew the games in Peterborough would be close. We should take them out Saturday night though.

I just wish we had a few guys who would play with a little edge except for the fourth line who seem to finish every check. Tullio plays it all out too and he’s a rookie.

I know it’s not some of their games but we have the size to play a little like that and a second rd with niagara will be like that.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Went to the game last night and here’s some thoughts.....

Generals played much differently from first two games. Keyser is huge for this team.

I was sitting behind net generals shot on twice. The Gens were battling against crappy ice, boards, glass and refs all game.

The puck was bouncing like a ball all game. The deflections off the boards and glass were brutal and the calls made were fine except for the fact that the Petes got away with many things the generals were called with.
I have no real issue with generals penalty calls except for the Petes did the same and never seemed to get called. The Petes has two 5 on 3’s as well.
Again I will say Merkley is a really good player but his extra curricular stuff is so old now.
I would have thought late in the third that he was done for the year with a blown knee or something the way he threw his stick and gloves and barely got off the ice only to see him 20 seconds later on a power play skating like nothing happened.

I knew the games in Peterborough would be close. We should take them out Saturday night though.

I just wish we had a few guys who would play with a little edge except for the fourth line who seem to finish every check. Tullio plays it all out too and he’s a rookie.

I know it’s not some of their games but we have the size to play a little like that and a second rd with niagara will be like that.

Right? The ice looked horrible. I was sitting to the side of the net the Gens shot on twice. The puck was bouncing all over the place.

The kneeing penalty to Noel was fine. Don’t think there was any intent to injure. Noel and Chisholm lined up beside each other in the 3rd. Noel tapped him on the leg and gave him a nod and then chatted with him until puck drop. Chis didn’t seem to be too rattled. Could’ve given him a few shots or mouth off to him, but he did neither.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Did @Section7fan forget his password? Conveniently disappeared after game 1.

Looks like the majority were pretty close with their Gens in 5 and Gens in 6 predictions. Honestly could’ve gone to game 6 with the pressure the Petes put on in the 3rd. The Gens were chasing the puck for most of the period. Keyser started off with a stinker, but rebounded quick and kept us in it.

Onto Rd 2 with the Ice Dogs. First time playing each other since the big trade.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad