GDT: [#3] Maple Leafs @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 CST (FS-SW): Polak’s Revenge feat. Carrick Vs. Tavares

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Been busy with homework so I forgot to make it, thanks!

serp

Jan 17, 2016

FastThatEeve-max-1mb.gif

Hoping for a another good game. The schedule with the spread out games to start the season is ideal to get the team going.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Looks good to me - no need to break up lines that are working. 4th line hasn't really done much, though, so no loss there.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX

So yeah exactly as expected Val slots in for Dickinson .

Nichushkin could play 4th line so he’s not overplayed I herd. We don’t really have a 2nd line so there’s a triangle of Nich, Comeau and Ritchie.

Nich or Ritchie could play RW beside Spezza or Hintz. Comeau goes to LW. I don’t see any of those 3 lines getting too much time to be a problem if Val is ready to play. 3rd line would stay as is and the guys from 2nd and 4th could be moved around to try and find a connection.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nichushkin could play 4th line so he’s not overplayed I herd. We don’t really have a 2nd line so there’s a triangle of Nich, Comeau and Ritchie.

Nich or Ritchie could play RW beside Spezza or Hintz. Comeau goes to LW. I don’t see any of those 3 lines getting too much time to be a problem if Val is ready to play.

Ritchie has pretty clearly fully embraced his 4th line imo. Monty seems to know that that's all he is good for. Sounds like theyll ease Nichushkin back into the lineup and probably next game he will be on the 2nd line.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Speaking of Polak as well; Toronto may show us tonight why they didn’t resign him.

Does everyone other than “Diablo” really believe he’s a top 6-dman, GOAT, etc, etc, etc. He’s been ok two games in but it’s an 82 game season. If he does play a full season and we make it into the playoffs, throw me under the bus, spit on me, etc. my bad. I don’t see it though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He easily the most physical defenseman on the team. Yeah he's also pretty stationary because his skating is well this

polaktryingtoskate.gif

but once someone gets in his range he's gonna hit him and he's gonna clear people out of the crease.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
he doesnt need to skate

everyone is too scared to even get near him

Reactions: serp
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Think its gonna go back and forth to start, then the Stars blow it up in the 2nd. 8-3 Stars. Carrick gets another assist and Leaf Nation melts down.

Won't be able to watch it live, so have a good GDT!

Reactions: Dynamite Time

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Dallas gets blasted: 6-2. I think the Stars will have a good year overall, but it’ll be good for the team to learn how to overcome these types of losses early on in the season... and for us fans to get more realistic about our expectations. Think about it like getting the “new car dent” out of the way. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad