GDT: [#3] Maple Leafs @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 CST (FS-SW): Polak’s Revenge feat. Carrick Vs. Tavares

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The NHL app made that mistake as well. They were also the ones who listed Bobrovsky as the goal scorer on himself when it was actually someone else lol

They messed up a lot yesterday

I don’t recall my NHL app making that mistake, but maybe I’m wrong.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Your broadcast may not have seen it since it was pretty fast but Ray Ferraro saw Benn getting a skate lace changed in the tunnel at the exact time Nich-Seg-Rad had a shift together

Nah they never mention that stuff, if a guy is off the bench injured it usually takes Razor about 5-10 minutes of game play to realize someone is missing.

How he doesn't notice line changes as soon as they happen is beyond me.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don’t recall my NHL app making that mistake, but maybe I’m wrong.

I didn't take a screenshot of the Seguin one but here is the Bobrovsky one

The Seguin one I received as a notification but I believe it showed up in the app correctly. I didn't check though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181009-192549_NHL.jpg
    Screenshot_20181009-192549_NHL.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 7

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
His own fault. Demanding to play in the NHL or going back to Russia in rookie season was certainly a contributing factor.
The team could have sent him to Russia. It would benefit both sides. Now the Stars have a 1st rounder bust on their hands and Nichushkin has lost the precious time in which he could work on his weaknesses in a more fitting environment than the NHL.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Meh, Nichushkin is really the only first round pick by Nill I don't have a problem with (other than Heiskanen obv). That first round is pretty terrible outside the top 10. Would I rather have Domi? Maybe. Wennberg? Maybe. Mantha is alright. Morrissey is great no doubt. But it wasn't a horrendous pick ala Gurianov and now possibly Dellandrea.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
His own fault. Demanding to play in the NHL or going back to Russia in rookie season was certainly a contributing factor.
No he didn't. God this is annoying when people try to trumpet this. It was well known his contract was terminated conditionally, that either He plays in the NHL or returns to the KHL to finish out his contract

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
No he didn't. God this is annoying when people try to trumpet this. It was well known his contract was terminated conditionally, that either He plays in the NHL or returns to the KHL to finish out his contract
But let's not pretend he had a gun put to his head when he signed that KHL contract. He knew he was going to be picked by an NHL team, and he agreed to a contract that worked to keep him from going to juniors/AHL.

That said, Nill knew about this condition and still took Nichushkin.

Meh, Nichushkin is really the only first round pick by Nill I don't have a problem with (other than Heiskanen obv). That first round is pretty terrible outside the top 10. Would I rather have Domi? Maybe. Wennberg? Maybe. Mantha is alright. Morrissey is great no doubt. But it wasn't a horrendous pick ala Gurianov and now possibly Dellandrea.
Yes, you would definitely much rather have Domi. Even at his worst, Domi is a much better NHL player.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Val was clearly the concensus pick . The guy that fell that someone takes hopes you would get a steal . There was no going off board here. He was the pick everybody wanted Nill to make. I'm not going to fault our GM for that pick .

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yes, you would definitely much rather have Domi. Even at his worst, Domi is a much better NHL player.

I was definitely on the Domi train when Arizona had him on the block.

I want to see how Val plays this season before souring on him too badly. With the group of players the Stars have at forward past the first line, for Val I'm thinking he's gonna have to work REAL hard for success. I hope he has it in him.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I was definitely on the Domi train when Arizona had him on the block.

I want to see how Val plays this season before souring on him too badly. With the group of players the Stars have at forward past the first line, for Val I'm thinking he's gonna have to work REAL hard for success. I hope he has it in him.
At the same time, he's also going to have endless opportunities to play 2nd line minutes and 2nd PP unit minutes.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Blake Comeau is much better than he appeared in that last game. He had possibly the worst game of his career and I think we will come to like him in our bottom 6...but only our bottom 6 please

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad