Post-Game Talk: 3 in a row! With Wings this side of the border. Who's Laffing now?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'd say they are. Especially with chiarot back. Edmundson would also help if available.

I mean, they have Jason spezza dropping the gloves and hugging Suzuki after he laid out holl

Simmonds a total dud out there

Reactions: FloJack

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Honestly, what a pass by Caufield on Josh's 2nd goal, it's a thing of beauty, it's my favorite part of last night

It would of only been topped by that even nicer play and pass by Cole when Andy got robbed by Mrazek
That was pure offensive talent man
Real fun to see him back
(Oh yeah and scored a one timer ho hum lol)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The window lacked belief on high that we actually had one. This upset me the most. We all saw what adding a Vanek did for our roster and we all saw what DD was not able to accomplish as a 1B. There was absolutely no excuse for not moving assets to address these two areas,

We didn't have much assets to trade at that stage. 8 top 100 picks from 08-11 is horrible but some reports said the Habs had a strong pool. It was not probable. Richards, Carter, ROR (1st trade), Spezza. We had no chance to acquire unless we were willing to trade Galchenyuk or Gallagher.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Evans is really coming along. Speed, energy, could be good #3 center. Slide Dvorak to #4 center. Or trade him if value is there??
Pitlick I thought played a good game. Could be another steal.
Anderson, no way we can trade him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We didn't have much assets to trade at that stage. 8 top 100 picks from 08-11 is horrible but some reports said the Habs had a strong pool. It was not probable. Richards, Carter, ROR (1st trade), Spezza. We had no chance to acquire unless we were willing to trade Galchenyuk or Gallagher.

Ever the apologist. Eric Staal was sucking in Carolina for a number of years by then. The McJesus/Eichel draft was coming up. Did MB even contact Carolina once Jordan Staal went down in training camp I doubt it. A smart hockey person would have been able to convince Rutherford that a Pleks/DD for Staal trade made sense 8m in 8m out and a built in tank for Carolina who already sucked.
We also had draft picks to offer up and no our prospect pool wasn’t good but there were ways and means. Bergevin decided to SIT on his hands and declare it a transition year make reference to the LA Kings and finally state that he didn’t believe in windows. Not what you want to hear from a GM after losing in the ECF the previous season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ever the apologist. Eric Staal was sucking in Carolina for a number of years by then. The McJesus/Eichel draft was coming up. Did MB even contact Carolina once Jordan Staal went down in training camp I doubt it. A smart hockey person would have been able to convince Rutherford that a Pleks/DD for Staal trade made sense 8m in 8m out and a built in tank for Carolina who already sucked.
We also had draft picks to offer up and no our prospect pool wasn’t good but there were ways and means. Bergevin decided to SIT on his hands and declare it a transition year make reference to the LA Kings and finally state that he didn’t believe in windows. Not what you want to hear from a GM after losing in the ECF the previous season.

Sure, maybe there was a deal we could have done but personally, I don't think our pool was deep enough. Bergevin didn't sit on his ass... I'm sure he tried but was he aggressive enough? Probably not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad