2010​
|
1st​
|
|
55.6​

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I went with Klingberg, but it's not an easy choice. I could see arguments being made for Shore, Dickinson, Honka, Oleksiak, or Nemeth here as well.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Jason Dickinson. Complete package, tremendous potential. Love watching the guy play.

Satan's Top 25 Dallas Stars Prospects

1. Brett Ritchie
2. Jack Campbell
3. Jason Dickinson
4. John Klingberg
5. Devin Shore
6. Jamie Oleksiak
7. Patrik Nemeth
8. Julius Honka
9. Cole Ully
10. Radek Faksa
11. Ludvig Bystrom
12. Curtis McKenzie
13. Jyrki Jokipakka
14. Remi Elie
15. Philippe Desrosiers
16. Matej Stransky
17. Dmitry Sinitsyn
18. Brett Pollock
19. Niklas Hansson
20. Gemel Smith
-----------------------
21. Brendan Ranford
22. Alex Peters
23. Branden Troock
24. Emil Molin
25. The Scott Glennie

Haters make me famous

Last edited:

Primetimey*

1) Brett Ritchie
2) Jack Campbell
3) Devin Shore
4) Jason Dickinson
5) Jamie Oleksiak
6) Julius Honka
7) John Klingberg
8) Patrik Nemeth
9) Radek Faksa
10) Remi Elie
11) Philippe Desrosiers
12) Ludvig Bystrom
13) Cole Ully
14) Curtis McKenzie
15) Niklas Hansson
16) Jyrki Jokipakka
17) Brett Pollock
18) Scott Glennie
19) Matej Stransky
20) Brandan Troock

Just outside: Ranford, Smith, Sinitsyn, Molin, Prapavessis

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I voted Jamie Oleksiak. People are getting down on him a bit after last season, but as a young defender there are always ups and downs. He went to the AHL a year sooner than the majority of his draft class which seems to have changed the perspective have of him. You have to take a step back and realize how young and raw he is.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Lots of Oleksiak votes so far. To be honest, I think I'd go with Nemeth over Oleksiak at this point. I see little or no progession from him right now. To me he has not added much hockey sense, physical play, or offense to his size and skating to warrant a spot this high up IMO, but then again he is big and fast. I just think his ceiling is lower than we once thought it was.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Had to go with Oleksiak. Hard to leave him out of our top 3, he has tremendous potential still and the highest ceiling IMO.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I think things will get a lot less lopsided on the next thread. A case can be made for several players. This has to be the best top 10 prospects we've ever had.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
It's Honka time for me. His hockey IQ and offensive skill excites the hell out of me. I'm happy to see that Farkas rated him at an 8.0-C grade. The Dallas Stars haven't drafted a defenseman like this in..well, ever.

Last edited:

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I'm down on Oleksiak and high on Klingberg. He's going to supplant Goligoski on the 1st unit power play and banish Daley from it permanently.

Shore is next for me. His physical readiness for the pro game gives him a leg up on some of the others behind him.

Primetimey*

Klingberg is getting really over-hyped. Good prospect, but he isn't going to be a miracle for the Dallas defense this year.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I have to go with Dickinson though I did have to think about it with Shore too. Both are potential first liners in my mind.

I wouldn't say Oleksiak has fallen as much as he's being surpassed.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm down on Oleksiak and high on Klingberg. He's going to supplant Goligoski on the 1st unit power play and banish Daley from it permanently.

Shore is next for me. His physical readiness for the pro game gives him a leg up on some of the others behind him.

Not likely.

Ruff is already talking about wanting righties on the left point and lefties on the right point. That's why he mentioned Spezza as a possibility on the point.

A right shot D isn't pushing out Goligoski or Daley.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm really having a hard time making a call. Piqued and Starry's points about Dickinson to make a ton of sense.

I don't agree that Klingberg's 19 year old season just disappears though. Campbell's OHL years don't. It's a part of the process and good on them from overcoming those issues. I don't see how a solid 21 year season makes it irrelevant, and that a solid 19 year old season for Bystrom isn't a reasonable indication he's on an even better path for success. He's highly skilled as well.

I don't think Oleksiak is down either. I think he just is proving to be who he is which is more of a Top 4 complimentary role like Bouwmeester right now (which is still extremely valuable) than say a top pair Chara. Of course Chara wasn't Chara until he was 25 or 26 so that even seems pretty silly to say. He still has that upside hopefully he just hasn't show it yet.

By the time Chara was Oleksiak's age ... FWIW ... he'd played 25 NHL games (1 assist) and 48 AHL games (13 points). Oleksiak has 2 assists in 23 NHL games and 56 points in 128 AHL games.

It's still Dickinson or Shore for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad