GDT: #3: FLYERS at Canucks, Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019, 10:00 pm ET, 7:00 pm CF88CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Only 3 days til our next game...

But it’s at 10PM.

Nah, my schedule says 7pm. :p:

Is this like that stupid Celsius thing you people do

I’m trying to figure out if that makes you in the future or the past...

It’s hurting my brain.

3cvwwp.jpg

I don't get the joke....

Here you go.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Remember as a kid staying up late around this time of the year (Canadian Thanksgiving) only to watch that flyers guy slash a Canuck right in the face lol

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Remember as a kid staying up late around this time of the year (Canadian Thanksgiving) only to watch that flyers guy slash a Canuck right in the face lol
Jesse Boulerice cross checking Kesler in October 2007?

That game also included a 5-on-3 shorty by Richards. Outside of Boulerice, that was the most entertaining Flyers-Canucks game I have attended (an 8-2 win).

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Odd that they would go on a west coast swing with only 12 healthy forwards under contract. Wonder if Welinski gets cleared and waived today, and if so another forward is called up and heads to Vancouver tomorrow?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Jesse Boulerice cross checking Kesler in October 2007?

That game also included a 5-on-3 shorty by Richards. Outside of Boulerice, that was the most entertaining Flyers-Canucks game I have attended (an 8-2 win).

I feel like there was a stretch where every year the Flyers would play in Vancouver on NYE (or close to it) and generally smoke them.

Ahh, that was backinaday when I had to *listen* to Flyers games and look at the boxscores in the newspaper TWO days later because the game ended so late.

How did we SURVIVE pre-internet??

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Remember as a kid staying up late around this time of the year (Canadian Thanksgiving) only to watch that flyers guy sl-
The exact character at which his dumb name popped into my head. And needless to say I had no idea Canadian Thanksgiving existed.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I feel like there was a stretch where every year the Flyers would play in Vancouver on NYE (or close to it) and generally smoke them.

Ahh, that was backinaday when I had to *listen* to Flyers games and look at the boxscores in the newspaper TWO days later because the game ended so late.

How did we SURVIVE pre-internet??

There was, it went back a ways.

12/31/95: 5-5 T
12/31/96: 5-3 W
12/31/97: 8-0 W
12/31/98: 6-2 W
12/29/99: 3-2 OTW
12/31/01 2-1 W

I remember my dad would tape those games for me. On the VCR. Back when the Nucks were the weird black and red and yellow skate-planet team.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
If we're going to drop a game out West then it's probably going to be this one. The Nucks are seriously good right now even though I don't think they're a playoff team after 82 games.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
How about these beauties?

I remember I had a pair at the time.

cut.jpg

"If you ever fell you gained speed with the nylon long pants," Barber said. "You didn't have any grab on the ice. You picked up speed, not slowed down."

Holmgren said, "Not like we blocked shots like players do today, but if you went down to slide to block a shot wearing those things, you slid a lot further. You'd slide yourself right out of position. So there was some getting used to it in that regard."

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad