#3 - Dylan Strome C

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
What happened in that 13-14 season?

It was Strome's rookie seasons, rookies usually dont make too much of an impact in the OHL. Played third line pretty much the entire season behind a pretty strong top six (Connor Brown, Dane Fox, Brendan Gaunce, Andre Burakovsky, Mike Curtis all in the top six then gone in the 2014-2015 season).

Exploded this season with top playing time.

He's going to need another year down or Arizona is rushing him. Needs to add muscle and speed.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
The most important draft pick since Turris and the response here is muted.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Another year in juniors will be good for Strome (and the same would have been said for Marner or Hanifin).

True. I think I'd rather keep Strome in juniors and suck for another year and get Matthews (if we're lucky) than turn into the second coming of the Edmonton Oilers "development" model.

I'll be more interested to see if Max Domi is on the NHL roster or playing in Springfield come opening night.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Strome needs to go back and be the man on "his" team...getting away from McDavid will be good for him.

We might have a lot of players on Canada's world junior team.

Strome, Perlini, & Merkley should all make team Canada.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
At first, I was somewhat skeptical on Strome, but hearing what he has to say about proving people wrong makes me realize that we probably made the right pick there...

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Strome needs to go back and be the man on "his" team...getting away from McDavid will be good for him.

We might have a lot of players on Canada's world junior team.

Strome, Perlini, & Merkley should all make team Canada.

He will and I believe he had a strong showing (head start) when McDavid was injured.

Sherry Bassin believes in him and that to me speaks volumes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think there's a remote chance they play him next year if he blows the doors off everyone at camp. They'll probably have him work with the skating coach and give it a thought if he shows a lot of progress.

But it's still 95% back to Erie

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Don't panic guys. Strome wasn't built in one day.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad