GDT: #3 Devils vs Capitals: Russian Roulette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semak

LGD

Win it with a good team effort. Hopefully Zids and MT have better games.

RHilla619

Jan 4, 2010
Marlboro
Siked for tomorrow's game! Always good to see the Kovy Ovi show down, won't be making it out to The Rock tomorrow though, be watching from home before I head out LGD!

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Get a win! Hope they have been enjoying their lighter schedule.

I think Ovi slams one home with him back on the LW for this game. Can't believe Oates moved him back to make him happy. lul

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We haven't seen Holtby since our only dominant game under Maclean. Holtby was only starting his first couple games then. I hope we don't get some Cam Ward syndrome with him.

The ''I haven't done **** or won a game all season, but since Brodeur is playing on the other side I'll actually be motivated to pull out a win tonight, because beating Brodeur is better than breaking our winless streak against anybody!'' game.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I'll be there. No idea where yet.

All the pressure is on the Caps. I still like our chances.

Win it, Devils. 3-0 :handclap:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Oates is really sucking it up in Washington... Wow. That's John Maclean level bad...

COME ON DEVILS!!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wish the Caps the best of luck, but starting after tonight. Not with tonight.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Caps look terrible, so naturally they'll give us all we can handle

They certainly have the offense to drop 6 goals on a team with little effort.

I kinda feel bad for Oates. It took the Devils like 35-40 games to really get Deboer's system down and start playing like the team that went to the Finals. I think it's no surprise Oates is trying to implement a similar system, but with a short camp and no preseason and a 48 game season, they simply don't have enough time I think.

And if there's one thing we can assume about Oates, it takes him awhile to make adjustments. Who knows if he'll try to run an easier system for now or just push until they get it.

And for the record, it was Ovechkin that went to Oates and asked him to put him at RW. He thought it might give him different looks and shake up all the scouting reports that seem to have nullified his offense.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And if there's one thing we can assume about Oates, it takes him awhile to make adjustments.

And for the record, it was Ovechkin that went to Oates and asked him to put him at RW. He probably saw what worked for Kovalchuk.
It does take him awhile to make adjustments. I think the whole board was calling for him to be fired during the shorthanded goal stretch. It seemed we gave up one every 2-3 games for a two month span, and I distinctly remember losing 4 games by one non empty net goal in which a shorty was scored.

I'm also confused on the Ovechkin thing. Oates said he moved him back because he wanted to make him happy. Though it was Ovechkin who asked to be moved in the first place.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Capitals fear THE ZUBRASAURUS

dre0eh.gif

Love the Zubrus backflip.

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera
As others have mentioned, Ovechkin was back on LW in third. Oates said "I still think he should be a right wing" but wants him to be "happy"

Damn Adam, once you let the players dictate moves or stop you from making moves, you will lose the locker room.

Ya, that quote is not encouraging for his hold on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad