GDT: #3: Carolina Hurricanes at Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:00 PM ET | NEW GDT MAKERS NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

If Maatta gets sent back to London, I may kick a kitten. It would piss me off so much.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This is the first time I really am second guessing this 10 game span for Maatta. He's playing so damn good.

What was I telling you guys after game 1? He learns and grows from what he learns, and right now it's exponential growth.

IMO, the big test is that zoo trip to Philly and home games against the Isles, Canucks, and Avs. He keeps playing like he is in those . . .

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
How much did Carolina pay for each of those goals against them?

mentioned it in the Jokinen HT thread, but he is making about $10,950 per game according to somebody on twitter...or about $3650 a goal.

lornloxor

Jul 13, 2011
That wooing, goddammit...

sGhgSm6.gif

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This is the first time I really am second guessing this 10 game span for Maatta. He's playing so damn good.

Icing on the cake is that I read the Flyer draft board that draft day and they were literally beside themselves collectively when the Flyers passed on him and even more so when we took him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You gotta force them to keep you. You can't just hold your own, you gotta contribute. And that's exactly what Maatta's doing. At the same time, Niskanen is having one of his worst games yet. A prototypical bad Niskanen game, and he has them all the time, especially in the playoffs. The next game in Philly will be very telling.

Maatta played over 6 minutes in that third period.

He and Borts are out there a lot with the fourth line. Now, he's getting minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad