GDT: #3: Carolina Hurricanes at Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:00 PM ET | NEW GDT MAKERS NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Moreso than the fact that Carolina is paying Jussi $900k this year, I can't believe that we literally got him for nothing...not even a throw-away minor leaguer, nothing.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
With Martin and Scuderi out there about 80% of the time, it has really kept the flow of the game under control. Those guys are real anchors. And Maatta and Bort look great too. Bort showing a nice first pass tonight.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Moreso than the fact that Carolina is paying Jussi $900k this year, I can't believe that we literally got him for nothing...not even a throw-away minor leaguer, nothing.
Jussi is probably pinching himself over it as well. :laugh: He is going to put up some great stats in a contract year and get paid in the off-season just as the cap rises healthily.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jesus, Malkin-Dupuis again. LOL, Bylsma is an *** clown.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is the first time I really am second guessing this 10 game span for Maatta. He's playing so damn good.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh

seriously. i have no idea Shero pulled that one off. i can't believe that even one of the playoff fringe teams wouldn't take that same deal, with likely better pick positions.

penguins2946*

Goddammit Beau, bury that. Insane pass by Maatta, and you just wasted it.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
That's the third or fourth beautiful pass I've seen Maatta make to spring someone. This kid can play.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
You gotta force them to keep you. You can't just hold your own, you gotta contribute. And that's exactly what Maatta's doing. At the same time, Niskanen is having one of his worst games yet. A prototypical bad Niskanen game, and he has them all the time, especially in the playoffs. The next game in Philly will be very telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad