GDT: 3/9/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Detroit vs Tampa Bay

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
These lines are all over the place. Rutta is in, Gourde on the fourth, Heddy Serge pairing. Why the **** not?

Could see us play with the linup a bit before the playoffs. Guys need to be ready to play with anybody in case we need a shakeup. Maybe give some guys a rest and put Cally in. Give some guys like Erne and Joseph more minutes. Maybe give some prospects in the ahl a taste of the NHL for a game or two. Dont need to do this a ton but this team has nothing to prove early on in March already clinching a spot. And barring some miracle the Atlantic is pretty much locked up too. Would be reassuring to see the top guys stay hot. Kucherov is on a crazy pace this season. Would like to see that not change anytime soon.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Okay Bolts, after that giant fart you laid the other night, it is time. Time to do....

Reactions: Master P

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
Hedman - Sergachev
Lets see how this goes
This is a pefect game to try it, but my guess is that it’ll be Hedman-cernak, Mac-rutta and coburn-serg after 30 min. By then Detroit have scored 3 times at with Hedman and serg on the ice and they’ve looked completly lost. I do hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t like that pairing.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is a pefect game to try it, but my guess is that it’ll be Hedman-cernak, Mac-rutta and coburn-serg after 30 min. By then Detroit have scored 3 times at with Hedman and serg on the ice and they’ve looked completly lost. I do hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t like that pairing.

I think we'd be more likely to pair Hedman with Rutta if things start going awry, and let Mac/Cernak straighten things out.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like Gourde on 4th quite a bit. He can play that kind of role while also bringing a big scoring threat bonus.

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
I think we'd be more likely to pair Hedman with Rutta if things start going awry, and let Mac/Cernak straighten things out.
Maybe, but I’d like Hedman to keep his joining the rush and play offense. I doubdt Rutta can handle that as well as cernak and I also find Mac a better babysitter then Hedman, if Rutta might need one.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe, but I’d like Hedman to keep his joining the rush and play offense. I doubdt Rutta can handle that as well as cernak and I also find Mac a better babysitter then Hedman, if Rutta might need one.

I don't think Hedman's leading the offense as much as we've seen in years past. He's really not putting up a whole lot of ES points. Pretty sure McDonagh is even outscoring him in that department.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I like Gourde on 4th quite a bit. He can play that kind of role while also bringing a big scoring threat bonus.
Yeah, I don't mind spreading out the offence even more than we do bow but that's obviously not the long term plan. We need Gourde to get closer to the level he was at last season. We already have one overpaid fourth liner. Gourde is obviously not Callahan but I'd like to see him step up again.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, I don't mind spreading out the offence even more than we do bow but that's obviously not the long term plan. We need Gourde to get closer to the level he was at last season. We already have one overpaid fourth liner. Gourde is obviously not Callahan but I'd like to see him step up again.

I think that's more about team chemistry, and he's a little bit the odd man out in the short-term. But he'll find a place again as things get shaken up. I think he's always gonna work best as a top tier third liner, but the 7s line is always in Coop's back pocket, so, again, Gourde is just a bit on the outside looking in.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Meh, I don't think that's really fair. "Big" favorites in hockey are never as massive as in basketball. Hockey's too much a game of single moments for anybody to ever be an absolute lock. Seems like you can predict basketball championships down to two or three teams every year, whereas, with hockey, it's nearly impossible. The favorites only win about 25% of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad