GDT: 3/9/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Detroit vs Tampa Bay

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Pretty good. Seemed to compliment each others game.
I think the rise of Cernak sort of helped Sergachev. I feel like they planned to have McDonagh - Sergachev next year, but McDonagh - Cernak turned out to be a really good pairing. Having Sergachev playing with Hedman is probably going to do a lot for him. I think he will learn a lot from Hedman.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the rise of Cernak sort of helped Sergachev. I feel like they planned to have McDonagh - Sergachev next year, but McDonagh - Cernak turned out to be a really good pairing. Having Sergachev playing with Hedman is probably going to do a lot for him. I think he will learn a lot from Hedman.

Cernak definitely solves a lot of problems for next year. Gives us 4 defensemen under contract no matter what, rather than the 3 we thought we'd have.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Solid game for the most part just went in the box too much.

The Heddy Serge combo may be more permanent next year IF Serge isn’t going back to the left side.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Thought we played a solid game last night, only issue was the amount of penalties that we was giving away. Cernak’s play has dramatically improved. The way he plays now you would have thought that he has played in the league for years. Rutta game was ok, just kept it simple.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
While a 9 minute sample size means absolutely nothing Rutta did have a 85.7 CF% so he couldn’t have done much better. He did start every shift in the offensive zone though.

Maybe Cooper thought he still had Koekkoek? Because he used Rutta in the exact same way.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
While a 9 minute sample size means absolutely nothing Rutta did have a 85.7 CF% so he couldn’t have done much better. He did start every shift in the offensive zone though.

Maybe Cooper thought he still had Koekkoek? Because he used Rutta in the exact same way.
It's hard to trust a defender in his first game (Especially since it was a close game). The 9 minutes isn't saying "he played poorly", it's saying "I don't know you and I don't trust you."

He's our 8th defenseman. He was used appropriately considering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->