GDT: 3/9/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
I'm convinced a bunch of NHL coaches were abducted by aliens and experimented upon during the lockout. Ruff actually managed to get himself fired from Buffalo, Babcock playing Datsyuk between Abdelkader and Cleary, and I just have no idea what Boucher is doing.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
If there is one team in the league who I'm baffled hasn't performed, despite the talent on the roster, it's Tampa Bay.

Porous D and G will do that to you. Steve Yzerman needs to acquire a capable starting goalie.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
If there is one team in the league who I'm baffled hasn't performed, despite the talent on the roster, it's Tampa Bay.

Porous D and G will do that to you. Steve Yzerman needs to acquire a capable starting goalie.

Name one that won't cost Luongo or Schneider asking price or have BobbyLou's Pejorative Slured ****ing contract.

Ten88Nineteen

May 22, 2011
If they came into this game on a winning streak, during a winning season, 90% of the posts would probably be about how the entire nature of that game changed on Montreal's 2nd goal (a whistle which, even if the puck did pop out for a split second, they blow every game). Instead, defeatist attitudes and calling out the team for bad play everywhere.

Oh, surely, there was some awful play - especially in the third. But the ice was tilted after that goal happened. Otherwise, it's a successful PK, and the momentum is still with the Lightning. The entire nature of the game changed due to a more-than-questionable call, and I feel just as often as the team has played badly this season, they've equally been hosed by officiating (I know I don't have to mention that first game vs the Devils, but that was far from the only instance).

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
If they came into this game on a winning streak, during a winning season, 90% of the posts would probably be about how the entire nature of that game changed on Montreal's 2nd goal (a whistle which, even if the puck did pop out for a split second, they blow every game). Instead, defeatist attitudes and calling out the team for bad play everywhere.

Oh, surely, there was some awful play - especially in the third. But the ice was tilted after that goal happened. Otherwise, it's a successful PK, and the momentum is still with the Lightning. The entire nature of the game changed due to a more-than-questionable call, and I feel just as often as the team has played badly this season, they've equally been hosed by officiating (I know I don't have to mention that first game vs the Devils, but that was far from the only instance).

The problem is that we've consistently only played 20-40 mins of hockey a night. In the 20-40 mins we take off, we pay the price for doing so.

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009

Wow, did you get a hold of Guy's water bottle? The team didn't deserve this win at all. Don't sugar coat it. Don't look for blame elsewhere.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
As soon as you think they've put it together, this is what they come out with. Damn shame. Fans are too accepting of this.

They did seem to be putting it together, and once again Boucher over coaches and messes up the lines. I actually am starting to feel sorry for the players. Why was Palat and Conacher benched ??? Both have been playing well ? Croombeen gets more ice time than them ? THE COACH IS THE PROBLEM THIS TEAM HAS TOO MUCH SKILL FOR THIS !!!!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

That's some ********. Sorry, we've fallen victim to some bad officiating, but to say that is in anyway the reason for our ****** ****ing play is pure homerism. Look at the on-ice product. We've outshot our opposition what, three times all ****ing season? Officials aren't out there blocking shots and preventing us from getting in the zone and preventing us from clearing the puck. We suck. Learn to live with it.

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008

I'd agree with you if this wasn't a night in, not out thing this season.

Ten88Nineteen

May 22, 2011
Wow, did you get a hold of Guy's water bottle? The team didn't deserve this win at all. Don't sugar coat it. Don't look for blame elsewhere.

Oh? There was a much different tune being sung after the first 40.

I'm totally with the people saying you can't win just playing half or two-thirds of the game, but I also think it's absolute nonsense to go without mentioning how drastically the flow of the game changed after that goal. That's turning on the hate a bit too strong for my tastes.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Oh? There was a much different tune being sung after the first 40.

I'm totally with the people saying you can't win just playing half or two-thirds of the game, but I also think it's absolute nonsense to go without mentioning how drastically the flow of the game changed after that goal. That's turning on the hate a bit too strong for my tastes.

If it happened one or two games, you'd be right. This **** happens every damn night now. Also, if one bad no call goes against you and you fold up your tent and go home, **** it, you don't deserve to be watched or have people buy tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad