GDT: 3/9/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why the **** have Gudas and Barberio not been called up yet?

Not 100% sure, but every one of our D-man are on 1-way contracts except Aulie, we carry a full roster atm.

To get them both up we'd need to either have a Dman clear waivers and go down or ice 11 forwards and have 10 Dman on the team, I wouldn't mind both of them moving up at this point, but it seems Yzerman doesn't want to go through the hassle of moving multiple pieces around to call them up.

Not that I'd mind losing Lee, Bergeron or Brewer to waiver pickups.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Luongo hasn't been playing at his best, still has a 2.19 gaa and .912 save %... what do we have?

I'm not saying we have anything better, but that neither one of them would be worth the exuberant package Vancouver are looking for, given both sides' play this season.

We're better off losing this year and getting a high draft pick, than mortgaging the future to try and save this season.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Not 100% sure, but every one of our D-man are on 1-way contracts except Aulie, we carry a full roster atm.

To get them both up we'd need to either have a Dman clear waivers and go down or ice 11 forwards and have 10 Dman on the team, I wouldn't mind both of them moving up at this point, but it seems Yzerman doesn't want to go through the hassle of moving multiple pieces around to call them up.

I'd be shocked if Lee or Bergeron were picked up on waivers (Lee's salary off our hands would give us more flexibility next year too). Either one of Gudas or Barberio would be welcomed on this team.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Not even going to debate Guy's coaching. There are some questionable things he does for sure. Everybody has seen it. The ice time distribution is inexplicable right now. I'm pretty damn sure though that the players need to start holding themselves accountable at some point. I've been preaching it and I will continue to. Absolutely no reason for the captain to disappear. No reason why Purcell should continue to need a boot up his ass to play like we know he can. The list goes on and on.

But he chooses not to play Palat and Conacher, suddenly Croombeen is his go to guy. No wonder you had 2 shots on goal in the third, one by Conacher.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I don't think the players only meeting is a sign that the coach is ****. I think it's probably a sign that the team knows they're not playing nearly as well as they can and that they have trust in what the coach is asking them to do.

This team takes entire periods off. That's all there is to it. The fact that Conacher had his ice cut is puzzling though.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think the players only meeting is a sign that the coach is ****. I think it's probably a sign that the team knows they're not playing nearly as well as they can and that they have trust in what the coach is asking them to do.

This team takes entire periods off. That's all there is to it. The fact that Conacher had his ice cut is puzzling though.

Boucher giving Conacher the "Melrose-Stamkos" treatment for his own good ;)

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
The team has plenty of physical talent. What they haven't shown so far is the ability to stay focused and intense for 60 minutes. If they do make any trades, I hope they focus on mental toughness and discipline.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
NEGATIVE POST:

The Lightning didn't play as well as they needed to.

real talk. CD held the puck longer than the time it took for me to get from the Forum back to the FP compound. That goal was the turning point, IMO.

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It was. And get used to it with them in our division next year. All the ******** STMs that sell their tickets to away fans or worse even, become the away fan. It's a joke.

Can't wait for Detroit 4 times next season.

The 100's were about 60% Red, so don't blame that on the STMs (of which I am one of). Trust me, I've about lost my voice yelling at the refs and Subban for being a ***** ass ***** and at the Bolts for stinking the place up. I boo'd almost the entire 3rd period.

Last edited:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
The 100's were about 60% Red, so don't blame that on the STMs (of which I am one of). Trust me, I've about lost my voice yelling at the refs and Subban for being a ***** ass ***** and at the Bolts for stinking the place up. I boo'd almost the entire 3rd period.

Huh? MOST of the STMs that are flip flippers are in the 100s.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I don't see us bringing anybody else up this year unless there are injuries. We have already taken 3 of the Crunchs best players, we are in 1st place down there and the kids need to make another championship run.
If Boucher is not gonna play Conacher or Palat much just send them down and play Hall, MAB or Mikkelson.
I don't see us sending Lee, Brewer, Mikkelson or Brewer down. We are strong enough down there where we don't need them and it wouldn't benefit any of them if we did. We are better off buying out Brewer in the offseason. Letting MAB walk or get a 7th. Lee we could probably get a 5th for similar to Ellerby from Fla. I would keep him as he is still a serviceable bottom pair player. He may have a really high +/- but he is our top hitting defender, and is a good puck mover if playing with Aulie.
I really think Carle is our worst defender, whoever we put out there with him that suddenly becomes our worst pair. We need to put him with Salo a few games and see what happens.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
After watching the replay of the Montreal PPG, Desjardins clearly did not have it covered long enough, you can see it slip out fairly early behind him. More importantly it's visible to the referee behind the net.

2 SOG in the 3rd? Really?
I didn't get to watch the game last night due to broadcasting rights in Canada. Since it was a Saturday game featuring a Canadian team, CBC retains the rights to that game. In my area we are a designated Leafs broadcast region. Since the leafs were playing at the same time, I only get the Leafs game. Even though I pay for a subscription to Centre Ice, I do not get to watch that game due to the fact that I am supposed to watch the game through CBC, but CBC only shows hockey on their main feed, and don't provide alternative feeds to the entire country. /end rant

I could only watch this game from a boxscore and statistics standpoint but I think exactly what LightningStrikes had to be a large majority of the problem. The shots were like 21-15 or something after two periods in favour of Tampa. Montreal ended up outshooting us by a ton in the 3rd period. As much as I hate to say it, the team just isn't responding to Boucher anymore. The current system isn't working and Boucher can't seem to get the best out of a talented group of guys. Our forward core is strong and our defense core SHOULD be strong enough to give us a chance to win but it just isn't working. As much as I hate to say it, I think we need a change in coaches.

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA

Interesting, I guess a lot of this goes on (flipping)?

Another poster is right, especially when the Wings come to town. You'll have every broke dick retired union **** in the tri-state area at that game.

So, should the casual fan the ask "Why should I go if the arena will be full of other team's fans?" I think it will get worse now, unless we do indeed start to become a perennial contender. Which, as everyone knows, appears to be very far away.

I'm still going to the games when I can (About 10 this year). Baby on the way though, so ****'s about to get real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad