gbWTYYo.png

O7ZZ7wp.png

Eun76zT.png

Dv7sq52.png

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Could end up in third if we lose this one. Stupid tight standings. And thanks a lot for giving the Panthers a loser point, Bruins. You were up 4-0!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Biggest game of the year.

Let's hope it's not a bad turning point.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm hoping last night's effort was the result of looking ahead to tonight's game. We'll know in the first 10 minutes.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Our losing streak is over so I can stop predicting us to lose (it worked for 9 games).

It may have gone unnoticed but I think it really showed last night how much we rely on Bishop to get out of our zone.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm hoping last night's effort was the result of looking ahead to tonight's game. We'll know in the first 10 minutes.

Against the Bruins I was thinking maybe by the end of the 1st but you might be right about it being sooner. We're actually a little fortunate in an unfortunate way to be playing Boston next. They'll be extremely motivated but it's not like they had a better game than we did last night. Sure we got squashed but that was an entire team playing poorly and every team has to have a "worst game of the season." But blowing a 4 goal lead on the road to a division rival? THAT is far worse in my opinion. At least you can statistically that we were due for a stinker of that magnitude. How do you defend blowing a lead that big?

Kind of a double edged sword for both teams. You can be as motivated as you want and still play terrible. Lucky for the Lightning we've had a nearly flawless track record over the last 60 days or so.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Against the Bruins I was thinking maybe by the end of the 1st but you might be right about it being sooner. We're actually a little fortunate in an unfortunate way to be playing Boston next. They'll be extremely motivated but it's not like they had a better game than we did last night. Sure we got squashed but that was an entire team playing poorly and every team has to have a "worst game of the season." But blowing a 4 goal lead on the road to a division rival? THAT is far worse in my opinion. At least you can statistically that we were due for a stinker of that magnitude. How do you defend blowing a lead that big?

Kind of a double edged sword for both teams. You can be as motivated as you want and still play terrible. Lucky for the Lightning we've had a nearly flawless track record over the last 60 days or so.

Both teams will want this. In a big way.

Last night's effort might actually have been the worst in a few years. I can only think of two games, both against the Islanders, where we looked as flat as that. (We won one of those games.)

Last night was a perfect storm of the Flyers playing a great game and us looking like we just didn't have the energy to bother fighting against that.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Any word on if Carle's in? Do we even have an extra D kicking around right now?

Because, man, that last game was brutal. It's bad enough that we have to play Carle, ever, but we can't can't can't play him on the right side.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Any word on if Carle's in? Do we even have an extra D kicking around right now?

Because, man, that last game was brutal. It's bad enough that we have to play Carle, ever, but we can't can't can't play him on the right side.

Is Coburn still down?

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Not that this isn't a big game that needs to be taken seriously, but, I dunno, I wanted to come into this season not caring so much about the standings because, well, I took a playoff spot for granted with this team on talent alone. It took exceedingly longer than I ever expected for that to become a reality, but with their performance since 2016 began, they're finally all-but secure in a top-3 spot in the Atlantic and, at this point, it's really not a big deal to me where they end up in this top-3 mix. I mean, #1 or #2 is better due to home ice, but part of me is more comfortable finishing #2 and facing Florida or Boston than finishing #1 and facing Pittsburgh, ya know?

So, for the purposes of showing quality and...(some word I literally cannot remember at the moment, and it's driving me crazy*)...obviously, I want to see a strong performance tonight and a win, but now that Tampa has righted the ship enough that the playoffs are a given, it's just not that big a deal to me where they finish up in this three team mix. The most important thing is that they won't end up with a scenario where they would face Washington in either of the first two rounds.

Probably in the minority here, I realize. And obviously I won't rain on anyone else's parades as far as how they want to see the rest of the season unfold, either.

*what is that word that means to be showing a strong desire to win? And why on earth is it escaping my mind right now?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Not that this isn't a big game that needs to be taken seriously, but, I dunno, I wanted to come into this season not caring so much about the standings because, well, I took a playoff spot for granted with this team on talent alone. It took exceedingly longer than I ever expected for that to become a reality, but with their performance since 2016 began, they're finally all-but secure in a top-3 spot in the Atlantic and, at this point, it's really not a big deal to me where they end up in this top-3 mix. I mean, #1 or #2 is better due to home ice, but part of me is more comfortable finishing #2 and facing Florida or Boston than finishing #1 and facing Pittsburgh, ya know?

So, for the purposes of showing quality and...(some word I literally cannot remember at the moment, and it's driving me crazy*)...obviously, I want to see a strong performance tonight and a win, but now that Tampa has righted the ship enough that the playoffs are a given, it's just not that big a deal to me where they finish up in this three team mix. The most important thing is that they won't end up with a scenario where they would face Washington in either of the first two rounds.

Probably in the minority here, I realize. And obviously I won't rain on anyone else's parades as far as how they want to see the rest of the season unfold, either.

*what is that word that means to be showing a strong desire to win? And why on earth is it escaping my mind right now?

Drive?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad