GDT: 3/8/15 - Avs @ Wild - 5PM / 12AM FIN - FS-N - Worst GDT of the Year [WARNING #19/121]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SotaPopinski

Mar 5, 2015
By the river
Gotta give credit to the Avs on a b2b game with lots of injuries. The Wild need to get it going again...still winning most of their games but have not looked sharp for a couple of weeks now

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
The Wild were a little bit sloppy, hit a post, had that onside breakaway called offsides, and unfortunately had to try and overcome 2 relatively flukey goals--hard to fault anyone for the 1st 2 goals.

1st goal was tipping, almost too much, and basically turned into a knuckling change up that rolled over Duby's shoulder and the other one had some crazy deflection too right??

Well, I guess you can't win em all...I don't think we played horribly, but we did play down to our competition. Some of the antics might have thrown the Wild off their game a bit.

It doesn't help that we own the Avs and have for some reason made things really personal. Basically like their Stanley Cup for them. They really shut things down and even more so once they got up.

Like to see the fight in the Wild. Previous Wild teams would have definitely given up down 3 with less than a period to go and it would have turned into a 4-0 or 5-1 type game...this is a very confident Wild team.

No time to hang heads. Gotta keep the chin up and start a new streak.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Also Dumba is crazy good. I know casual fans are starting to realize it now, but I might be more excited to watch his future than even any of our other young guns.

Having a guy like Dumba on the back-end changes the entire game. Again I harp on it, but it's the Tyson Barrie/Jared Spurgeon effect. He's a mismatch.

Other than maybe Burns the Wild have never had a player who can impose himself on the game and have the type of offensive impact that Dumba does from the back-end.

And switching Dumba to forward is also pretty dumb. His skills are perfectly suited for the D role.

J22*

Dumba, Spurgeon, Brodin and add Scandella because of his shot.

Dumba would not be a QB. You would want him out there as a trigger.
Spurgeon:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Brodin Not even close right now, could develop into one but he will have to grow a set of balls first.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
When will we ever see a change in the top PP unit? What will it take? It's like we're at a disadvantage. Let's put two guys (Suter and Poms) on the point who fumble and another guy (Vanek) who is slow and doesn't know where the puck is half the time. Recipe for success!

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Name a better PP QB on the roster please? I'll Wait patiently.

None of our other defensemen have been given a chance to QB the PP and Suter is QBing our powerplay to 28th best in the league.

Suter is averaging 4 minutes of PP time a game on a team that averages 6 minutes of PP time a game and he only has 9pts to show for it. Lower than everyone else on that unit despite playing roughly 20% more.

Last edited:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Brodin Not even close right now, could develop into one but he will have to grow a set of balls first.

There's nothing special about Suter that would make him good QB. He has poor shot, not that much of creativity, his passes are his strong suit but even those are pretty average. You are seeing something the majority of this site is not seeing in Suter..

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Dumba needs to replace Pommers. Suter is fine and I would love to see his patience picking the moment to unleash Dumba.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Suter also doesn't have that ability to "dance" on the point. Look at Barrie, look at Vatanen.. Those are guys who are one of the best qb's of the league. Dumba does have that ability.

J22*

I think Brodin can absolutely handle it (he obviously does on the 2nd unit).

pretty big difference between " can handle it" and better than Suter

None of our other defensemen have been given a chance to QB the PP and Suter is QBing our powerplay to 28th best in the league.

None of our other Dmen have gotten PP time? really?

There's nothing special about Suter that would make him good QB. He has poor shot, not that much of creaticity, his passes are his strong suit but even those are pretty average. You are seeing something the majority of this site is not seeing in Suter..

Suter doesn't have a great shot but it's better than Brodins or Spurgeons. Suter is miles better than either at every other aspect of being a QB.

Dumba needs to replace Pommers. Suter is fine and I would love to see his patience picking the moment to unleash Dumba.

I was saying this when Dumba was still in Iowa

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Lol at Suter's shot being better than Spurgeon's.. Are you really being serious? Also Can you list the attributes which make Suter good QB?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Not sure how to feel about this one. Didn't play that bad....got unlucky...then a little lucky...

Played an overall good game. Sometimes it's not meant to be.

J22*

Lol at Suter's shot being better than Spurgeon's.. Are you really being serious? Also Can you list the attributes which make Suter good QB?

If you honestly believe the bolded? Why would I waste my time in continuing this discussion?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
None of their shots are noticeably better than the others. Except Dumba. And Scandella. But you don't want either at the top of the umbrella yet.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
If you honestly believe the bolded? Why would I waste my time in continuing this discussion?

There's no point because you are objectively wrong. Suter has brutal ppp while playing it almost 2minutes per penalty. I have never seen Suter rifle the puck like Spurgeon has for example on that colorado series. Also Suter lacks the mobility to control the pp on the point. Spurgeon is made from the same mold as Vatanen and Barrie who are both in a different dimension when comparing to Suter. Of course Dumba might be even better.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
None of their shots are noticeably better than the others. Except Dumba. And Scandella. But you don't want either at the top of the umbrella yet.

Oh come on you can't say that Suter's diarrhea wrister is better than Spurgeon's..

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
pretty big difference between " can handle it" and better than Suter

None of our other Dmen have gotten PP time? really?

Suter doesn't have a great shot but it's better than Brodins or Spurgeons. Suter is miles better than either at every other aspect of being a QB.

I was saying this when Dumba was still in Iowa
I said it while he was at Red Deer! Not trying to one up you but I have watched him in person for a few years now.
Sutter held him back and
Johnson took the leash off in Portland.
Let Dumba be Dumba and the results will speak.
Suter is the perfect player with Dumba on the PP imo and if Dumba can't find the crease to attack he can slide the blue with the best of them and launch a bone breaking slap shot.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Spurgeon's best chances always come when he sneaks in way low on the circles. He has a good shot from there. Brodin is really very accurate but not hard. Suter almost never seems like he's actually shooting to score, but it's not a bad shot. Scandella has a very hard shot, good accuracy. I'd call Dumba's shot "menacing".

We're going to lose games. Like i said after the Oilers game. Just because we lost to a team everyone feels is inferior doesn't mean we'll necessarily start losing to everyone. Uninspired play through most of the game, woke up too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad