GDT: 3/7/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Philadelphia vs Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That last PP was pathetic, I get they were trying to run the clock but you can do that in the offensive zone and not get your pocket picked 3 times in the same shift. Poor, sloppy play.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
...So, after thinking about the Tony DeAngelo scrum, did it seem odd to anybody else how half-heartedly his team was going to his defense while we had 2 or 3 guys going after him? His time in Philly might also be coming to an end.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
...So, after thinking about the Tony DeAngelo scrum, did it seem odd to anybody else how half-heartedly his team was going to his defense while we had 2 or 3 guys going after him? His time in Philly might also be coming to an end.

His 2 teammates who were there were just like "ah f*** here we go.." and then just kinda half assed trying to pull guys off him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
His 2 teammates who were there were just like "ah f*** here we go.." and then just kinda half assed trying to pull guys off him.
I just have a hard time imagining one of our guys under two other guys while Corey Perry is trying to reach in and get a shot or two, and just be like.... kind of milling around in the general area?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hard to make out what happens at 1:23. The ref is trying to get Tony to leave the ice and he aggressively swats away his hand/arm

Yeah, while watching it live it seemed to be a little much. If he had any hope of the NHL going easy on him, I think it went out the window with how much trouble he gave the linesman.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Yeah, while watching it live it seemed to be a little much. If he had any hope of the NHL going easy on him, I think it went out the window with how much trouble he gave the linesman.
He has a history of abuse of officials, but some of it is from the OHL and AHL. He never learned.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He has a history of abuse of officials, but some of it is from the OHL and AHL. He never learned.
He had a pretty bad one in Arizona too. Nothing crazy, but I seem to remember him kind of swatting the linesman away, or something to that effect, and I'm pretty sure he got suspended for it.

So glad we got this guy out of the organization before he ever played an official game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad