Post-Game Talk: 3/5/13 - Wild can't stop the Hawks' party; 5-3 F

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
No one can honestly be surprised by that score. If anything be happy we scored 3 goals in the game and flirted pretty hard with a 4th a few times.

My biggest takeaway is Bouchard needs to go, and the faster the better. Had quite a few chances and he opted to wait for Heater to come down so he could shoot the puck instead. By waiting he missed a chance as decent shots which could have rebounded and also allowed for a team with one of the best transitions between offense and defense to recover back down the ice. Seriously is pathetic for someone of his caliber of play.

Granlund was definitely showing his will out there. And Zach had some great defensive moments as well. But yes....that top line looks like ass.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
coyle looks more like Gillies every game. not saying he's that bad, but he has that same lost look too much of the time.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Pretty much sums it up. I'm not even mad at the loss to be honest. Although I think my buddy is making me wear a Hawks Cam Barker jersey next month when they come up for the game now :(

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
coyle looks more like Gillies every game. not saying he's that bad, but he has that same lost look too much of the time.

I was just listening to KFAN. Poor Russo is apparently stuck in Chicago or he was.. and all they talked about was the lack of first line power and capability. Coyle shouldn't be on that first line in my opinion and I agree with the dudes from KFAN that Parise has to work has ass off for every goal he's received and in general. He does not have help and he's not getting those easy passes that allow him to move with the puck and do his thing. Everything Parise does is hard and by himself so much of the time. I never realized just how much until listening to those guys on KFAN talk about it. You cannot touch that second line, it's working, but that first line needs tweaked. Parise needs help, Coyle needs off that line, that is what I think.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I was just listening to KFAN. Poor Russo is apparently stuck in Chicago or he was.. and all they talked about was the lack of first line power and capability. Coyle shouldn't be on that first line in my opinion and I agree with the dudes from KFAN and Parise has to work has ass off for every goal he's received and in general. He does not have help and he's not getting those easy passes that allow him to move with the puck and do his thing. Everything Parise does is hard and by himself so much of the time. I never realized just how much until listening to those guys on KFAN talk about it. You cannot touch that second line, it's working, but that first line needs tweaked. Parise needs help, Coyle needs off that line, that is what I think.

Imo Parise is to blame too. He's passing is a little off and he's going offside from time to time. Also Parise's supposed to be star player so he should be able to make things happen alone like Koivu has been for the past 5 years..

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I was just listening to KFAN. Poor Russo is apparently stuck in Chicago or he was.. and all they talked about was the lack of first line power and capability. Coyle shouldn't be on that first line in my opinion and I agree with the dudes from KFAN that Parise has to work has ass off for every goal he's received and in general. He does not have help and he's not getting those easy passes that allow him to move with the puck and do his thing. Everything Parise does is hard and by himself so much of the time. I never realized just how much until listening to those guys on KFAN talk about it. You cannot touch that second line, it's working, but that first line needs tweaked. Parise needs help, Coyle needs off that line, that is what I think.

Surprised they had time to talk about that with all the Vikings news going on :sarcasm:

The only reason why Coyle is on that line is b/c he's a big body for in front of the net and can forecheck. I want Larrson up here though and play on the wing just to see what would happen. Can't move Zucker off the line with Seto I know that much.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Surprised they had time to talk about that with all the Vikings news going on :sarcasm:

The only reason why Coyle is on that line is b/c he's a big body for in front of the net and can forecheck. I want Larrson up here though and play on the wing just to see what would happen. Can't move Zucker off the line with Seto I know that much.

But Larsson would be another more defensive minded forward and not much creativity what the 1st line needs.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
The first period was embarrassing.
The second period wasn't pretty.
The third period was decent.

Agreed.

What's really disappointing about the whole thing, is we have the ability to play much better, like we did in the third.

I just can't believe we came out as flat as we did. WTF was everyone thinking?!

I expected them to come out like they did against the Oil, instead they came out like it was a pre-season game.:rant:

****ing idiots... Before these guys are going to beat teams like Chicago, they need to believe they can, and we still are hanging onto a losers mentality.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
The Hawks are just a better team than the Wild in most every phase and that was clearly evident last night. However, Yeo is holding this team back even further.

The game changed last night when he has his supposed "4th line" matched up against CHI's number one and the Hawks buzzed from there on out. It's a constant problem game after game, no matter home or away. All things equal, that line isn't played like they're the last option on the bench. And given it's shortcomings, the amount of times they see the opposing number ones is inexcusable. Icing on the cake last night was when the Wild had an O-zone faceoff with 7 seconds in the period to attempt to create some sort of chance off the draw. For whatever the reason, the Brodziak line gets the nod. Laughable.

Other main, continued grips include:
• Coyle has shown he's not ready to be a contributor in the NHL yet. Why he's still on the top line is beyond me. Heatley needs to be back up in this spot.
• Zucker is one of the only players on this roster that has exactly what this team is missing in terms of a skill set; especially in terms of the PP. Yet, he plays minimal minutes every game.

This is a very apt assessment.... sadly...

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
But Larsson would be another more defensive minded forward and not much creativity what the 1st line needs.

Fair enough. But if Coyle isn't working and they are going to continue to scratch Konopka then you might as well bring the kid up and mix and match the lines a bit

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Wild looked to me like an AHL team trying to keep up with an NHL team. They were slapping at the puck and trying to chip it off the glass rather than start a breakout. Chicago retrieves at the red line, regroups, and attacks. When Chicago let off the gas in the third, the Wild were able to generate shots and score goals. They need to be much more aggressive and less worried about making mistakes.

Fourth line got too much ice time. Top line isn't working. Third line looked awful. Defense is not moving the puck well.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Only thing I learned last night was that we are clearly not in Chicago's league, something I was pretty sure of coming into the game anyways.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
still think we're a playoff team. not a Contender with a capital C team like the Ducks or Hawks but playoff team. i wonder if fans from everyone else who played the hawks walked away disgusted by scoring 3 goals against them.

Billy Mays Here*

Anyone else wanna bump up Seto to that first line since he's been playing good lately?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I wouldn't mind seeing that, although I do like the second line. I feel like Zucker and Cullen do a good job of holding the puck in the offensive zone and/or forcing turnovers and/or creating rebounds and chances for Seto. They're setting his table, and Parise-Koivu might do the same thing.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
still think we're a playoff team. not a Contender with a capital C team like the Ducks or Hawks but playoff team. i wonder if fans from everyone else who played the hawks walked away disgusted by scoring 3 goals against them.
I would imagine if their teams played the way the Wild did for 2 periods then yes, they walked away disgusted or at least should have.

Goldmember

Feb 3, 2013
Fin
I wouldn't bust up that 2nd line right now...As long as they continue to produce, they should stick together.

Good point but Seto seems to be the only one who scores.
I dont know would Seto harm that line with his absence?

Wildfan10*

not even close.

Seriously? Did you watch the same game? The first 2 periods the Wild were running around with their tails between their legs. The 3rd period was decent but the first 2 were awful.

Wildfan10*

I agree that Coyle is killing that first line. I can't tell if he's just too young or just not skilled enough and holds Parise and Koivu back. There really aren't too many other options there tho. I would really like to try Granny and see how that goes. REally wish we still had Lats... He would be perfect on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad