Post-Game Talk: 3/5/13 - Wild can't stop the Hawks' party; 5-3 F

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Well hey, at least we get to look forward to Suter going back to Nashville.

Wildfan10*

I think this game takes the cake for most frustrating game to watch this year.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I'll be driving home for spring break during the next game. It'll be only the 2nd game I've missed this season. Hopefully I'll be able to find it on the radio. I was so far north last time that we couldn't get it.

Wildfan10*

Really? Not all those games where we blew a lead in the 3rd period thanks to taking at least 3 consecutive penalties?

I know i wasn't the only one who had high expectations for this game and then the Wild come out and lay an egg. Worst effort of the season imo.

Billy Mays Here*

Suter is now tied with Parise in points. WAKE THE **** UP ZACH!!!

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
An expected loss. Nothing much to say in addition to that. Bäckström was off his game and I think Yeo should've reacted to the quick goals faster to wake up the team, but it is what it is. Yeo is often out-coached by other head coaches, but what else can you expect from someone who has as little experience as head coach as he does? He's still learning. This team doesn't have an elite coach, but I'm not in favor of sacking Yeo at this point either. Give him the rest of the season and re-evaluate in the summer.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The first period was embarrassing.
The second period wasn't pretty.
The third period was decent.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
The Hawks are just a better team than the Wild in most every phase and that was clearly evident last night. However, Yeo is holding this team back even further.

The game changed last night when he has his supposed "4th line" matched up against CHI's number one and the Hawks buzzed from there on out. It's a constant problem game after game, no matter home or away. All things equal, that line isn't played like they're the last option on the bench. And given it's shortcomings, the amount of times they see the opposing number ones is inexcusable. Icing on the cake last night was when the Wild had an O-zone faceoff with 7 seconds in the period to attempt to create some sort of chance off the draw. For whatever the reason, the Brodziak line gets the nod. Laughable.

Other main, continued grips include:
• Coyle has shown he's not ready to be a contributor in the NHL yet. Why he's still on the top line is beyond me. Heatley needs to be back up in this spot.
• Zucker is one of the only players on this roster that has exactly what this team is missing in terms of a skill set; especially in terms of the PP. Yet, he plays minimal minutes every game.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
The Hawks are just a better team than the Wild in most every phase and that was clearly evident last night. However, Yeo is holding this team back even further.

The game changed last night when he has his supposed "4th line" matched up against CHI's number one and the Hawks buzzed from there on out. It's a constant problem game after game, no matter home or away. All things equal, that line isn't played like they're the last option on the bench. And given it's shortcomings, the amount of times they see the opposing number ones is inexcusable. Icing on the cake last night was when the Wild had an O-zone faceoff with 7 seconds in the period to attempt to create some sort of chance off the draw. For whatever the reason, the Brodziak line gets the nod. Laughable.

Other main, continued grips include:
• Coyle has shown he's not ready to be a contributor in the NHL yet. Why he's still on the top line is beyond me. Heatley needs to be back up in this spot.
• Zucker is one of the only players on this roster that has exactly what this team is missing in terms of a skill set; especially in terms of the PP. Yet, he plays minimal minutes every game.

Agree.

I like Yeo but he does make some severly questionable decisions regarding match ups. I feel like he decides pregame which match ups he wants and then refuses to adjust based on the situation and who is playing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad