GDT: 3/4/23 - 12:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
It's like they've forgot everything they've learned the past few years. I don't buy the fatigue factor either. That's just an easy excuse.

I think Coop is fully on board with Operation: Save Energy Until Playoffs. It's almost become a staple with our deep runs. Problem is the team is flying too close to the sun right now. I think Coop is pulling back the reins a little tighter and making an example of the top guys/vets, who it probably won't affect mentally, but I don't expect us to go full switch flip for a couple more weeks.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
What channel are you watching Lightning broadcasts on? Because I’d like to get that channel so I don’t have to see Kuch and his inevitable 3+ blind drop passes a game. Might change my perspective a bit.
I’m watching the channel that has Kuch pacing for 117 points . It’s a pretty good channel.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We were terrible in March last year too. For the teams we’ve faced these past few games and points mean a lot (Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Florida). Meanwhile the guys are half-assing it and especially in a noon game on the road. I’m not shocked.

Reactions: Maelmoor

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I think Coop is fully on board with Operation: Save Energy Until Playoffs. It's almost become a staple with our deep runs. Problem is the team is flying too close to the sun right now. I think Coop is pulling back the reins a little tighter and making an example of the top guys/vets, who it probably won't affect mentally, but I don't expect us to go full switch flip for a couple more weeks.
It's definitely playing with fire for marginal benefits. They're still playing the games. Coasting isn't going to save that much energy but you might lose your game like we're seeing now.

Love Coop benching the top guys though. If they play flat tommorrow, we're f***ed. They should be utterly embarrassed by this.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not enough effort from the guys. I get it's the dog days of March but losing too much isn't good.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
The hope that I got was coop benching the top line. It shows he’s seeing some bad behavior patterns and is interested in correcting them.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Have think it is going to piss off Kuch for sure . Stammer and Pointare leaders on this team I’m betting Stammer tuns this into a positive. He is the captain after all he knows the effort has been lacking and when the bottom lines have been a mess all year these top guys can not miss a beat. For weeks now both Stammer and Kuch have just posted up on the wings shooting that slapper that has served them well for years while other teams know it’s coming and are defending it well. Point, Stammer and Kuch are as creative as any three in the league this was Coops way to remind them…. I hope so anyway.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
While February into early March has been a shit show thus far, with the team now 5-5-4 since the break, this slumping has not been any kind of unusual occurrence around the same point over the last 4 years. Before the covid break in March of 2020, the team was 3-6-1 in the 10 leading into it. In '20-'21, the team was 26-9-2, then finished barely over .500 at 10-8-1, including a 5-5 stretch and losing 4 out of 6 to finish. Last year, once again they struggled in March, going from 37-12-6 on 3/6 to 46-22-8 on 4/19, a.9-10-2 stretch where they had some rough games as well(including two 3 game losing streaks and a 4 game one). The defensive lapses look worse this year(and they are), but the team playing like the walking dead for several weeks around this point of tbe season just seems to be their m.o., as unfortunate and frustrating as it is for their supporters.

Hopefully, they'll be able to emulate the last few seasons and snap out of it soon to finish strong. The last 3 seasons, the team either scored or was on pace for 108-110 points. Right now this year's team is pacing for 104/105, so it's about time to get moving.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDTBay4 and Hoek

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Two giants battles vs. you guys, where easy animosity can grow.

Still rooting for you in round 1.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
While February into early March has been a shit show thus far, with the team now 5-5-4 since the break, this slumping has not been any kind of unusual occurrence around the same point over the last 4 years. Before the covid break in March of 2020, the team was 3-6-1 in the 10 leading into it. In '20-'21, the team was 26-9-2, then finished barely over .500 at 10-8-1, including a 5-5 stretch and losing 4 out of 6 to finish. Last year, once again they struggled in March, going from 37-12-6 on 3/6 to 46-22-8 on 4/19, a.9-10-2 stretch where they had some rough games as well(including two 3 game losing streaks and a 4 game one). The defensive lapses look worse this year(and they are), but the team playing like the walking dead for several weeks around this point of tbe season just seems to be their m.o., as unfortunate and frustrating as it is for their supporters.

Hopefully, they'll be able to emulate the last few seasons and snap out of it soon to finish strong. The last 3 seasons, the team either scored or was on pace for 108-110 points. Right now this year's team is pacing for 104/105, so it's about time to get moving.
Don't they care about trying to get home ice in round one? Giving Toronto home ice is a dangerous thing.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I wasn’t able to watch the game but I saw Jeannot made some fans today. What are all your thoughts on Eyssimont?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00