Post-Game Talk: 3/4/14: Hawks vs Avs - Varlamov continues to put up good stats against us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I'd probably trade TT right now just to get Zues the **** off Kane's line. Q just doesn't care.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
meh, losses happen, but aggravated with the stretches where there was no real urgency and especially disappointed in the least 90 seconds of the game, to be honest. Looked almost like there were six folks in red with dinner plans that they didn't want to miss near the end.

Hope we don't bring that nonsense against Columbus in two days.

That's how I saw it too.
A lot of coasting out there tonight and a really dumb penalty from Oduya.

It wasn't even a selfish penalty, just dumb. There was no reason to do it.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Shots 38-20, the usual for games against the Avalanche. They always seem to luck their way into wins against Chicago, very opportunistic.

What can you do?

Actually, there is one thing... Handzus played his way off the roster 4 or 5 months ago. Why is he still getting minutes?

Shots might have been a bit flattering, though. Hawks looked somewhat lifeless.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
[mod]

The Hawks have put up at least a point in 14 of the last 20 games. They just suck ass in OT/SO

You could also say it is a sign that they have mental lapses in OT and regulation that allows them not to win games. ROW matters, and if it comes down to a tiebreaker at the end of the season as it very well might they will be in terrible position.

They really need to start picking up wins in regulation. No more excuses; there is not much time left in the season.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
It's okay, they're all preparing for the Olympics. They'll remember that playoff positioning matters after the break.

But seriously, they need to get their **** together quickly or they're looking at a road series in the first round, which would be kind of pathetic considering how good this team should be.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
For being one of (if not the best) teams in the league, you guys sure are negative around here after a loss. If you hadn't noticed, the Avs actually have a better points % than you right now, so losing to them is not as bad as it seems. They have had your number lately too. Maybe you're just anxious to get back to the playoffs to see how good this team actually is, I dunno. But as an Avs fan I don't care how we do in the regular season against you I am not excited at the prospect of playing you come April.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
For being one of (if not the best) teams in the league, you guys sure are negative around here after a loss. If you hadn't noticed, the Avs actually have a better points % than you right now, so losing to them is not as bad as it seems. They have had your number lately too. Maybe you're just anxious to get back to the playoffs to see how good this team actually is, I dunno. But as an Avs fan I don't care how we do in the regular season against you I am not excited at the prospect of playing you come April.

So what? That's not the sentiment around here anyway.

I think I can speak for most here when I say I don't care about what the Avs are doing, nor frankly about many other teams at this point. It is all about how our favorite team is performing, and it certainly is not up to standard.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Shots 38-20...

Shots might have been a bit flattering, though. Hawks looked somewhat lifeless.

Yeah, I disagree. I thought they carried the play pretty much the whole way. 64% Corsi. Only after getting down for a 3rd time did it start to feel like they were losing interest.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
Yeah, I disagree. I thought they carried the play pretty much the whole way. Only after getting down for a 3rd time did it start to feel like they were losing interest.

The better team lost tonight, that's for sure. Give credit where credit is due though, the Avs have played the Hawks well this season despite being the better team in only one of the games.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Yeah, I disagree. I thought they carried the play pretty much the whole way. Only after getting down for a 3rd time did it start to feel like they were losing interest.

You can "carry the play" and still (seemingly) lack intensity. I did say that the Avalanche were clearly outplayed.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
Maybe to spoiled Hawks fans. That'd be on pace for like a 105 point season, if you factor in a normal amount of OT/SO losses.

Hawks are currently on pace for a 112 points.

They have 7 wins in their last 19 games. I'm not complaining about the season, I'm complaining about the last 2 months of mediocrity. It's getting really old.

It feels like every night the Blackhawks play lately just ends with frustration. The team is not enjoyable at all right now, and I've been their biggest defender on here recently.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Maybe to spoiled Hawks fans. That'd be on pace for like a 105 point season, if you factor in a normal amount of OT/SO losses.

Hawks are currently on pace for a 112 points.

Whenever I want to see spoiled, I come here and read posts about "the losing getting old" from a team who has lost 13 of 63 games. Or complaining about a blue line that is top 3 in the NHL with Keith, Seabrook, Oduya, Hjalmarsson, Rozi and Leddy.

You guys have such a great team, you should enjoy it more whilst it lasts.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
Whenever I want to see spoiled, I come here and read posts about "the losing getting old" from a team who has lost 13 of 63 games. Or complaining about a blue line that is top 3 in the NHL with Keith, Seabrook, Oduya, Hjalmarsson, Rozi and Leddy.

You guys have such a great team, you should enjoy it more whilst it lasts.

When the most you can keep is a two game win streak lately, thats kind of lame. Its average, and the Hawks are not an average team. We know they can be better, so its frustrating when they don't play like it.

I don't come into your boards calling you whiny for talking about your losses, you shouldn't do it here.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
When the most you can keep is a two game win streak lately, thats kind of lame. Its average, and the Hawks are not an average team. We know they can be better, so its frustrating when they don't play like it.

I don't come into your boards calling you whiny for talking about your losses, you shouldn't do it here.

Just saying your team is great and one of the most enjoyable teams to watch in the league. Enjoy it more. You never know when it's over.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
Just saying your team is great and one of the most enjoyable teams to watch in the league. Enjoy it more. You never know when it's over.

But they aren't an enjoyably team right now, at all. They've been a flat-out bad team for 2 months.

Nothingman*

Strange Avs fans stopping buy complaining about us complaining. I guess I should stop on their board and complain about them complaint about us complaining. We critique our team every game. All teams do this on their board. Why it is all the sudden a mystery to Avs fans is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad