GDT: 3/4/14 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ St. Louis

Yzlamic Preacher*

I think we need Robert to go to the next game and give the team a pep talk.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Everyone, know this - Yzerman was watching tonight. Tomorrow is the trade deadline. He knows the team's deficiencies better than we do.

I hope this wasn't Marty's last game as a Bolt.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
If Stamkos IS cleared to play on Thursday, then it's pretty unfortunate thing that, considering the Lightning have played .500 to above .500 hockey the entire time Stamkos has been out, they would end up having gone 22-18-5 —> 22-23 without him.

Is this something only I could care about? Yeah, probably, but playing over .500 hockey without a 60 goal scorer was one hell of a source of pride I’ve had in this team, and I hate to see that go away at the very end.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I think it's obvious that the Marty thing is taking a toll. Brewer practically said as much in the pre-game interview.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
If the Marty drama is causing this epic 2014 meltdown, I almost hope it IS his last game. Sorry, love the guy, but something has caused us to go from scrappy underdogs to a disorganized mess. It's not injuries, because we've been battling those for months. If removing Marty drama from the equation, gets back our mojo then just get it done.

Argh.

So frustrated.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Marty owes Kuch an apology. That missed net was the turning point of the game.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm not sure what happened to this team between December and now, but this is not the same team that we were watching at the beginning of the year. Everybody looks soft, nobody seems to care about their teammates, there's no jump, we're missing open nets and passes. It's not just the rookies hitting a wall either, the vets are just as bad. This team is not playing like a Cooper team right now.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I hope this wasn't Marty's last game as a Bolt.

As much as he's meant to this team's history, he's a detriment to this team right now. He's about the worst defensive liability we have on offense. He stick checks more than anyone I've ever seen. I don't care what he brings to the table offensively. Trade him for a D-man or defensive minded forward and let Stamkos make up the offensive slack.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it's obvious that the Marty thing is taking a toll. Brewer practically said as much in the pre-game interview.

I missed that. I've been holding out hope that it hasn't been (despite being very vocally concerned about it).

St. Louis is flat out a better team than us. We knew that. And they played a great game. But we barely competed. We were lucky to even be up 2-0.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Positive news:

-We were in it for most of this game tonight, and competed against a serious Cup contender on their ice.

-This road trip is over.

-Our next 6 games are at home, against Buf, Bos, Phx, FL, NJ, and Van. This stretch can really put some pep in our step and get their **** back together.

-Stammer's coming back soon.

-14 of our last 20 are at home. We need all the points we can get.

It's hard to be positive. We've got to stop blowing these 2 goal leads, and defecating on ourselves in the final 40 minutes. On to the next one...

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Marty owes Kuch an apology. That missed net was the turning point of the game.

Pretty much; I was on another blog tonight and said this:

If the Lightning ultimately do not equalize this one back up, remember MSL missing an open net on the power play when it was still 2-1. That was a moment of groans everywhere.

Because, yeah, that was a wide open net from Marty's favorite spot on the ice.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
The goal differential in the 2nd and 3rd periods of the four games on this road trip was a gruesome -9. They were +7 in the first periods and then couldn't do anything after that. The one game they won involved nearly blowing a 3-0 lead in, like, a five minute stretch of time.

I don't care about home or road, there's a general expectation that a two goal lead can be held. If not, then this team is no better than the Islanders.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Never saw it, what did he say?

Engblom asked him how the Marty stuff has been handled and Brewer's body language was terrible but have the politically correct "we know it's a business and we are just getting through it" style of answers. Let me rewind to see if I can get quotes.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The season is slipping away and these guys aren't doing anything about it. They keep making the same ****ing mistakes again and again and thinking there will be another result. This is one tough team to watch right now.

Yzerman better do something tomorrow. If he doesn't he has pretty much given up on our hopes of doing anything this year. We need a top four defenseman for now and for the future. I don't care if it costs picks and prospects. Just ****ing do it.

Also, I would be happy if Malone never played a game for the Lightning again. He's as useless as Labrie was.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
We don't know because we're not in the locker room but if this is a result of Marty's request then tomorrow he needs to be moved and Stammer needs to have a C on his sweater. Time for a fresh start

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Engblom asked him how the Marty stuff has been handled and Brewer's body language was terrible but have the politically correct "we know it's a business and we are just getting through it" style of answers. Let me rewind to see if I can get quotes.

Thanks.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We don't know because we're not in the locker room but if this is a result of Marty's request then tomorrow he needs to be moved and Stammer needs to have a C on his sweater. Time for a fresh start

If it is, hopefully management realizes it. There's no way we can know for sure from the outside. Part of this is Bishop isn't playing like Dominic Hasek anymore.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa

Couldn't rewind far enough, but my sister and brother in law were over watching his pre game interview and they don't watch it usually but know about the Marty situation. After the interview they were convinced that it is an issue. Brew couldn't hide it very well.

Edit: I specifically remember a him saying something to the effect of "we have been down for a while and are trying to get back up onto neutral ground". May have been talking about overall play, but it was just a weird vibe for me.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
As excited as I am to have Stamkos back, just him playing will not fix us. This is a team wide issue with toughness, maturity, and defense. Stamkos will not make us better defensively, more physical, or less prone to giving away games. He hasn't played in 4 months guys, don't get your hopes up too high.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
The goal differential in the 2nd and 3rd periods of the four games on this road trip was a gruesome -9. They were +7 in the first periods and then couldn't do anything after that. The one game they won involved nearly blowing a 3-0 lead in, like, a five minute stretch of time.

I don't care about home or road, there's a general expectation that a two goal lead can be held. If not, then this team is no better than the Islanders.

We may not be any better than the Islanders. They are a bad good team, we are a good bad team. If it werent for Bishop early in the year, we are never anywhere near the playoffs. We are leveling out to where we probably should be, a sub .500 team with a ton of rookies. Just a shame it took so long to get here, cause theres nothing worse than watching a playoff birth slowly die.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad