GDT: 3/4/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
How? Can you honestly blame him for either of those goals without crossing your fingers?

Psychologically, his shaky play and near-goals changed how we played. The goals scored weren't his fault, but geez, his presence negatively affected our play big time.

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
2nd game in a row Brewer has made a terribly play resulting in a goal. First jumping on the rush on the PK and now a terrible turnover. He has to go.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
So sad. We are SO much better than last year, but we're worse. How the ****. I am cursing the gods and shaking my first at the skies.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Psychologically, his shaky play and near-goals changed how we played. The goals scored weren't his fault, but geez, his presence negatively affected our play big time.

I disagree. Once Garon left and Lindback came in, we stepped it up a notch. I won't disagree that Lindy looked shaky, but overall, the team played better once he was in for some reason.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

I didn't see a single shaky play in the 3rd period. His first 10 minutes were pretty shaky but he hadn't played in like 4 games and he came in cold. It happens. But he made several great glove saves and shut the door for a while. There's only so much you can expect from your goalie.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
It's sad that I thought we had absolutely no shot at Seth Jones when the season started, now we're only 3 points ahead of Columbus for last place. :facepalm:

Hope this team doesn't make the playoffs, there's no point watching a sweep.

Now the bottom 14 teams have a shot at the first pick. Closer we are to the bottom the better.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
What happens if Garon is out for an extended or semi-extended period? Does Desjardins get a call?

Honestly, wouldn't Lindback benefit more from playing regularly in Syracuse between Desjardins, Garon, and Lindback?

Obviously we don't know the full extent of Garon's injury, yet.

--- Nevermind - answer is in another thread now.

Same faults like in Boston. Unteachable team. Callup Crunch with Cooper.

Eight losses by one goal...
Witchcraft my friend. :(

I agree and this is the biggest thing that is bothering me. We have an inability to win close games, or at least take them to OT. Getting a few points in some of these close games would completely change the outlook on the standings. That potential was squandered unfortunately.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Another wasted season of MSL and Stamkos. Gonna be interesting to see if the fans continue to fill the arena. I'm amazed at how patient they've been this far.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What happens if Garon is out for an extended or semi-extended period? Does Desjardins get a call?

Honestly, wouldn't Lindback benefit more from playing regularly in Syracuse between Desjardins, Garon, and Lindback?

Obviously we don't know the full extent of Garon's injury, yet.

--- Nevermind - answer is in another thread now.

If you're suggesting sending Lindback to Syracuse, he'd never make it. Someone would absolutely grab him on waivers.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He's a beacon of controversy tonight. :)

If you can find a way to send him on a conditioning assignment like we did with Labrie and Mikkelson, than it's a pretty good idea to try to build his confidence up a little and let him get some more practice time. It worked for Mike Smith in 2011. But that's pretty hard right now with Garon out for who knows how long.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It's weird how that worked, eh?

If I were an NHL goalie sent down to the A, I think my confidence would go down, not up. :laugh:

Well you would go down knowing in 2 weeks you'd be coming right back up. And you'd also get the chance to play a lot if you were sitting out games in the NHL.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
"Praise as often as you criticize"

Positives from the game:
  • Hedman
  • Killorn
  • Offense (1st, 2nd periods)
  • Garon (wasn't terrible)
  • Lindback (made some tough saves)
  • Labrie (5 hits in fewer than 7 minutes)

Negatives:
  • Lecavalier (snuck onto the score sheet at the end of the game)
  • Purcell (played well here and there, still MIA for the most part)
  • Brewer (What the hell pass was that?)
  • Stamkos (turnover led to goal, poor defense earlier against Malkin)
  • Carle (wouldn't want him in a critical situation... ever)
  • Refs?

Last edited:

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I have to agree, I cant be happy enough to see Hedman come into his own. He is only going to improve. May actually have a future Norris Trophy winner on our hands. One thing to be very happy about. Palat looked strong on the puck too and good defensively. He had one play he saved lee's ass, and that hustle and playmaking to set up the pyatt nose goal shows his skill and vision.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Brewer is almost a complete non-factor physically nowadays.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Is it just me or is it whenever Stamkos starts to carry the puck for more than 2 seconds I feel as if the play will just die with whatever he does next.

He does the patented carry down the wing with speed, go around the net, throw it in the middle randomly and boom, turnover.

Not saying he's a bad player or anything, and I can understand him wanting to do everything, but stick to your strengths.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Is it just me or is it whenever Stamkos starts to carry the puck for more than 2 seconds I feel as if the play will just die with whatever he does next.

He does the patented carry down the wing with speed, go around the net, throw it in the middle randomly and boom, turnover.

Not saying he's a bad player or anything, and I can understand him wanting to do everything, but stick to your strengths.

No your'e not the only one..

Outside of Hedman and Salo this D has been brutal to medicore since the winning streak.. and sometimes even then. Carle has dropped of, Brewer ain't helping.

At least Lindy didn't give soft one in this game.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

I find Stamkos is trying to do way too much. I don't know how many times I see him take the puck before the red line and trys to carry it into the zone while Conacher and Purcell have stopped to wait for him on the blue line. Maybe it's time to put him back with MSL full time and move Conacher with Vinny again. Let MSL control the play and Stamkos goes back to shooting.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
He is trying to do too much. Not many are keeping it simple. Except Labrie last night. He only had like 7min of TOI and he had 5 hits and 3 shots. Killorn keeps it simple as well. If he can't make a play, he dumps it and chases, no play to make? Fire it at the net etc. Much to be said for keeping it simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad