GDT: 3/31/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Drouin needs to play his last game in Syracuse tomorrow night and then make his way back. We cannot continue to play like this night in and night out. I'd wager well over half our wins this season came on the back of Ben Bishop bailing us out while the other half was won outright by offensive effort.

We shouldn't need to count on our spoiled AHL kid who likely won't even be with the team a few months from now. The fact we do is concerning to say the least

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The Lightning sucking against bad teams. Didn't think I would ever see that. Oh, wait..

Didn't even bother watching the third period. You could just see that they weren't coming back. It all comes back to this team taking too many things for granted. They've let their success go to their heads. What if they get bounced on the first round? Will they come out next year thinking as highly of themselves? Or will they learn some humility?

Too many times this season they simply put haven't given a ****. That's becoming a real problem.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
the good the bad the ugly

the good? might get back to that I got nothing

the bad - marchassault i said eye test shows mistakes defensively for a top six player is overlooked by scoring as people said keep him in top six over say flipper and callahan ummm -11 and minus 3 tonight hows that hanging out? worst plus minus on team is not some aberration he is as bad or much worse than the

ugly -drouin ever has been

also dont blame carle for this hedman bad plays stupid turnovers garrison no look around board turnovers etc.. we skip the elephant again in the room of guys just not playing SMART simple hockey that we want to ride certain players to a level but give passes to others lol

the good

you are never as bad as your last or worst loss and probably not as good as your best or last win:)

Dynobolt

Apr 1, 2016
We seem to lose all the games we expect to win. Why has stammer started staying over on the right on the pp rather than left where he looks more threatening with his one timers?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
they are using motion on power play they try to sneak him into his spot almost worked first power play but kucherov pass got tipped away barely[/QUOTE

I'm sure our performance will be completely different next game now kuch and cal have loosened up :bolts

teams got a rhythm and said yesterday didnt like they had no practice day before that could see

rhythm is playing every other day and practicing on day off etc.. I think that hurt us last night hate the back to backs but teams lay eggs if have two days off one practice often at least to me

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The playoffs are different. A goalie is capable of stealing a series. But I know for a fact that we will not win the Cup unless we get our **** together. This team achieved a lot since coming together and I think that's despite mediocre coaching. Now that we have mediocre coaching and the league is wise to us...

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Didn't watch it but I have a feeling we were awful. Am I right?

had couple rock solid chances didnt put in when should have meaning got goalie beat still dont get pucks in net smdh

power play was what is usually unfortunately we were not playing as hard as montreal most of the time and for sure at end of game

cooper mixed lines jam got into a fight nothing really worked and and and

defensively we played like aholes not checking where sending pucks trying to force shiot blind passes just unreal and that is on all of them slater did ok imho carle was usual carle hedman had head in azz and garrison made some terrible decisions coburn seemed ok dont remember nothing i grabbed my head in disgust on haha the rest ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ya i grabbed head both hands like wth :)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The only thing that gives me hope is they were able to rattle off a couple impressive win streaks when they really wanted to, but all this zombie hockey that offsets it is concerning.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
The only thing that gives me hope is they were able to rattle off a couple impressive win streaks when they really wanted to, but all this zombie hockey that offsets it is concerning.

I am hearing you say that it is time for another team meeting

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
How about instead of a team meeting they're just forced to read our GDT telling them how crap they played

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
I got the impression of a team that was trying to prevent injuries above all else. So little physicality, so soft. While I can on some level understand players wanting to ensure that they are healthy and present for the playoffs, it won't matter if we don't even make it in. They played like it was an All-Star Exhibition game last night. No fire, no jump.

"Zombie hockey" is a perfect term.:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad