GDT: 3/31/14 | Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings | 9:00PM CDT/5:00AM Suomi | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Don't know why these injuries don't bother me anywhere near the level they used to. . . .

Maybe it's because we're so used to getting them all the time.

In any case, with Coyle stepping up lately the Nino injury won't be too hard to overcome, but Granlund could be very difficult if he's out for more than a couple games. I find it hard to believe he could get the C word from a collision like that though. If he does in fact have one however, I fear for his career, not just the rest of the season.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Don't know why these injuries don't bother me anywhere near the level they used to. . . .

Maybe it's because we're so used to getting them all the time.

In any case, with Coyle stepping up lately the Nino injury won't be too hard to overcome, but Granlund could be very difficult if he's out for more than a couple games. I find it hard to believe he could get the C word from a collision like that though. If he does in fact have one however, I fear for his career, not just the rest of the season.

Yeah it wasn't that hard contact. If he gets concussion that easily..

OpRedDawn*

I've been holding my breath all season when granny goes into corners. I have that bouchard boarding play in mind every time he plays the puck down there

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Great win, much needed!

That can't be "it" for Granlund, if it is, I'm really starting to question his long-term healthy. You can't get it that easily.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I'm not that concerned for Granlund. Probably taken out as a precaution and will rest up max 2 games.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I'm not that concerned for Granlund. Probably taken out as a precaution and will rest up max 2 games.

Yeah me too, maybe it was just his eye or something.. I'm ok if he even takes a rest of the regular season off, we need him in the playoffs.

Last edited:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
What at huge win. For whatever reason, we match up nicely with LA. Most teams have difficulties playing the Kings. We really don't which is ironic since we're a team that can have issues scoring yet we can get some by Quick. This win was massive.

I am concerned with Nino and FBJ. This part sucks. Maybe we'll get some good news after testing.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
That was the Kings 3rd loss in regulation in the last 5 years when leading after two! Pretty damn impressive how this team has pulled these last two off.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Dowell or McMillan would be fine as a fourth line C

I've thought about this too, but Fletcher waiving Dowell earlier in the season to "give him a chance to land elsewhere" makes me think that he's gone as soon as his contract is up.

I also though McMillan would be an acceptable option for 4th line center, but Russo's chat from a few weeks ago indicated that he didn't see McMillan on the roster in the near future either.

I'd be totally fine with either one, but the organization might be looking elsewhere.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I can't believe the Wild pulled off back to back third period comebacks against playoff teams on the road. Just amazing. And it was sparked by Parise and Koivu.

Not happy at all with Nino and Granlund getting hurt. If this is another concussion for Granny, I don't see how he can have much of an NHL career. Two concussions in his first full year, two years removed from another concussion? We've seen this before.

Haula stepped up big time though. He is much better than we've been allowed to see by Yeo. And he's a lot stronger than people realize. Honestly, he should have been the #2 center while Koivu was first getting back to speed.

Really not liking the defensive pairings at all. Suter and Spurgeon are frightening to watch and Brodin doesn't look comfortable with Scandella. Blum is lucky that his mistakes aren't going in the net more often.

And just how snakebit is Brodziak...I can't tell if it's bad luck or if he just had no hands.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
I dont think it was that bad, yea sure he got a nasty bruise above the eye but i dont think we are going to miss him more than a few days. Just for precaution of any C problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad