GDT: 3/3/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Buffalo VS Tampa Bay

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Just when I started liking (a little) Killorn with Stamkos I got a bad taste in my mouth after this one.

We are still putting the puzzle together and Killorn is not a top 6.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Just when I started liking (a little) Killorn with Stamkos I got a bad taste in my mouth after this one.

I mean, he had some head scratching plays, but some good ones as well. Killer is a top 6 guy - got the speed, shot, and decent skill with the puck and is good on the forecheck. He had a few brain farts but for the first time in ages I can say that our top line was our best line.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think Killorn is fine up there for now. His line-mates were locked in enough that his head scratching plays did not really hurt the momentum of that line. I mean they did break up plays that could of led to goals, but whatever. lol.

Yeah, top line looked good. This wasn't a case of our usual "playing down to the competition" though. This was more like being bored because the opposition didn't really present a serious challenge. Sort of like a bored cat taking its time with a dying mouse.

yeah, don't think they played down. They took the gas off, and went into a defensive shell, instead of going for the throat, ya know?

But yeah that is a funny analogy you posted, lol.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I missed the end of the game after I switched to the Panthers game because of all the drama and because our game was putting me to sleep. One of the most boring games I've seen in awhile but we got the two points and Vasy his first shutout so the entertaintment value takes backseat to that.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i didnt think the top line was all of a sudden great did well on power plays like to see that callahan was doing usual stamkos still had ummm moments lol killorn was both good ok and had gaffes but is killorn.

CONGRATS VASI shutout number 1 wondering how many he will have predict will set our franchise record just saying lol

we def took foot of gas but as long as that works is ok.

do not like sustr and barbs together

looking forward to carles return

really wish nesterov played lol over barberio and/or sustr just saying I like that kids play

#free drouin looked good
#free brown looked very good I thought

morrow gives us nothing bring up someone else.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I agree, with this and liked what I saw:

Hope to see him keep it up and get even better once he get used to the team and the way we play.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
What in the **** are you guys watching that you think Killorn isn't doing well? He was the catalyst of that first line tonight. Was all over the place and creating space for Stamkos. Guy is getting better and better.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What in the **** are you guys watching that you think Killorn isn't doing well? He was the catalyst of that first line tonight. Was all over the place and creating space for Stamkos. Guy is getting better and better.

That whole line was very good. Killorn just had a few misplays that led to a play or two being broken up. Believe he fanned on a couple of shots or one was a pass I think that he fanned on, I think.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

he missed stamkos a couple times but whatever his job should be feeding stamkos not trying to create himself hes just not that good hes reached his peak in my estimation

people can agree to disagree (think killorn always plays decent and is a good solid player) Just think his time is limited

anyway brain thinking morrow issue?

ok good win bolts not happy with downgrade of connolly to morrow at all. I do not see much from morrow and am unsure who is right body to bring up with some speed grit and toughness and skill who is not vladdy namestnikov cause he drives the bus at syracuse and they deserve a legit playoff shot this year BUT BUT BUT THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX how about moving BARBERIO to forward for our fourth line?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
So ****ing happy to get off the plane and see a shutout for Vasy. Can't wait to watch the two periods I missed. How did Coburn look after the first ?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
he missed stamkos a couple times but whatever his job should be feeding stamkos not trying to create himself hes just not that good hes reached his peak in my estimation

people can agree to disagree (think killorn always plays decent and is a good solid player) Just think his time is limited

anyway brain thinking morrow issue?

ok good win bolts not happy with downgrade of connolly to morrow at all. I do not see much from morrow and am unsure who is right body to bring up with some speed grit and toughness and skill who is not vladdy namestnikov cause he drives the bus at syracuse and they deserve a legit playoff shot this year BUT BUT BUT THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX how about moving BARBERIO to forward for our fourth line?

Morrow isn't the one replacing Connolly...

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Same, I thought Killorn looked great tonight. It was good seeing a line with Stamkos on it actually do something.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
u guys are accepting mediocrity im sorry so will agree to disagree im for callahan on top line think he can push 65 points KILLORN cannot FLIPPER has proven unworthy stamkos is a 100 point scorer on pace for 70 I want everyone to understand where im coming from.

I get drouin is coming in time. I get some like me like callahan up there. Stamkos has 66 points in 62 games

Callahan has 20 goals and 45 points I believe in 61 games I can live with those numbers
Killorn has 12 goals 33 points in 60 games

Yet we are all accepting of this smh

is ok I guess but will not win the east. I think we can win this league. But we need the more from the top line. The only way I see that is changing bodies. Hope drouin earns way up cause im over killorn if you cannot tell.

its crunch time and time for brass to make the hard decisions and moves we paid a lot to add to this defense on paper with carle back we stack up with everyone but not with killer on top line.

Hes basically a lifetime 0.55 player and we act at times like he is the next coming.

I dont get it but will agree to disagree:)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I thought Killer was good as well.

Also looking back, it's too bad Nabby slipped up and let in that terrible goal with 4 minutes left back in December. Could have shutout Buffalo with 3 different goalies this season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
u guys are accepting mediocrity im sorry so will agree to disagree im for callahan on top line think he can push 65 points KILLORN cannot FLIPPER has proven unworthy stamkos is a 100 point scorer on pace for 70 I want everyone to understand where im coming from.

I get drouin is coming in time. I get some like me like callahan up there. Stamkos has 66 points in 62 games

Callahan has 20 goals and 45 points I believe in 61 games I can live with those numbers

is ok I guess but will not win the east. I think we can win this league. But we need the more from the top line. The only way I see that is changing bodies. Hope drouin earns way up cause im over killorn if you cannot tell.

its crunch time and time for brass to make the hard decisions and moves we paid a lot to add to this defense on paper with carle back we stack up with everyone but not with killer on top line.

Hes basically a lifetime 0.55 player and we act at times like he is the next coming.

Stamkos hit 100 points when? I don't get your point here, so are you dissing Stamkos because he can't get 100 points by himself and needs linemates to do it or Killorn because he's not an 80 point guy? :shakehead

Nobody acts like he's "the next coming" can't praise a guy for having a good game? Jeez

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

The best production out of stamkos this year has been playing with killorn! will drouin replace him up there sooner or later yes! but drouin needs to prove he can play two way hockey to cooper. Now no clue where you put vladdy next year ? maybe drouin, vladdy and stamkos become a line ? but there is nothing wrong with killorn moving to the 3rd line. we already have a hole with are depth with connolly gone now! morrow is not doing it for me! brown is ok but is not going to put the puck in the net like connolly did.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Stamkos hit 100 points when? I don't get your point here, so are you dissing Stamkos because he can't get 100 points by himself and needs linemates to do it or Killorn because he's not an 80 point guy? :shakehead

Nobody acts like he's "the next coming" can't praise a guy for having a good game? Jeez

Robert wants everyone to be 80 point two way forwards on this team.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I agree about Cally, this has been one of his best seasons of his career so far. 45 points in 60 games. If you look at his last 5 seasons, with the exception of last year where he had multiple injuries and that surgery to deal with, he has been around a .70 to .75 player, that is top 6 production. I don't want to see him on a 3rd line especially when he is not even killing penalties anymore. Coop has put him all in the offensive role and it has been paying off. We are 20-2-0 when he scores, that is how much his scoring impacts this team.

As per Killorn, I dunno, think he has been doing well. Those guys have been clicking for more than one game now. I think the plan is to eventually put Drouin up there with Stamkos and Callahan. Having those three guys together will bring so many levels to that line. But right now I think Killorn has been very good on that top line.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Killorn now possesses that capacity to create space for his teammates (fits perfectly Stamkos' style). Killorn would be an absolute gem if his vision was just a little better but he's already a fine player... And improving. I like to believe they can form a complementary duo with Stamkos.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Killorn now possesses that capacity to create space for his teammates (fits perfectly Stamkos' style). Killorn would be an absolute gem if his vision was just a little better but he's already a fine player... And improving. I like to believe they can form a complementary duo with Stamkos.

He's actually molding into kind of a Callahan clone. Maybe a little less rough and tumble in front of the net, but it's all about the forecheck and puck pursuit - those are his best attributes - with some solid skills to do something good when he gets the puck.

I was critical as hell of him earlier, but now I think he could do really well on the top line long term, especially if Drouin moves to RW permanently on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad