GDT: 3/29/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
few things i noticed: on Hedman's goal, he kept the puck in with the knob of his stick and then scored. and on the OT goal i couldnt help but laugh at Phil yelling at stamkos for not shooting at first and then scores before he can finish his sentence

Lol this happens often its great when it does. Phil is pissed and usually says they still should've shot 😆

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Great game, glad to see point, Stammer, and kucherov again. Vast had an off night but the big guns stepped up. Hopefully we can get Hagel going soon.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure what to change. The 3rd line sucked tonight, but we have to hope they can figure it out. If Coop puts Hagel or Paul on other lines he’s risks no chemistry there too

It wasn't just the 3rd line that sucked, I thought all the lines looked bad throughout the game. Cooper keeps throwing Palat out there who's looking more and more like Joseph, does everything else good but score. We paid a HEFTY price for Hagel and he's using him as a shutdown winger. The kids got more goals this season than anyone on the team besides Stamkos and Point. Why not give the kid a look in the top 6? Does he feel bad for Palat and wants him to get paid so he's forcing him into a scoring role?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We're trying to incorporate two new forwards. Better use of our time before the playoffs is to give their line a chance to gel.

Why does it have to be Hagel - Colton - Paul? If it's not working stop forcing it and try something else. The top 6 have been together for years, we can break them up for 10 games and then put them back together, chemistry won't be an issue. Hagel is a scorer, put him in a scoring role. Palat is a warm body, put him in a grinder role.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we are looking at Palat - Cirelli - Killorn as a shut down line.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'd like some more offense going on at even strength but otherwise, they deserved the win for sure. Two deflection goals too, tough to blame Vasy at all.

Only thing I hated was the embellishment. Carolina dives and embellishes calls more than any team in the league, but last night we did the same exact thing. It was blatantly obvious that our guys were flopping and I can't stand that. It won't do us any favors with the officials in the long run. Stay on your feet, play hard and the calls will come. There's no defending that shit.

Regardless, both teams were playing their 3rd in 4 nights and you have to be happy with 2 points. Nice deserving W.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Why does it have to be Hagel - Colton - Paul? If it's not working stop forcing it and try something else. The top 6 have been together for years, we can break them up for 10 games and then put them back together, chemistry won't be an issue. Hagel is a scorer, put him in a scoring role. Palat is a warm body, put him in a grinder role.

What it needs is time. If you try the new guys all different places, they'll never get a chance to gel. I have no concern about breaking up the top 6.

We clearly brought those guys in to make that specific line. We're going to give it more than a handful of games before entering panic mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad