GDT: 3/28/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto VS Tampa Bay

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
It does not matter how he has played Crawford is better. Holtby has more wins. Quick has been more valuable to his team.

Basically this.

25546811896_b2dbd62d06_o.gif

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Bish is 1st, 2nd and 3rd star of this game.

Don't forget the diamond performance, the #1 player of the night, week, month. **** the only guy who can even come close to giving Bishop a run for his money this season is Kucherov and Stamkos (Kucherov since Dec. and Stammer since late Jan.). #SignHimAgain

We're not going anywhere playing like this, sorry. May as well forfeit the remainder of the games and go golfing, forget the playoffs.

I really hope you're joking otherwise... man... you must have a really ****** look on life if that's how you're looking at things...

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
It does not matter how he has played Crawford is better. Holtby has more wins. Quick has been more valuable to his team.

Basically this.

25546811896_b2dbd62d06_o.gif

Eh... He's in the running. Quick not so much as he's been ok but not game-changing. Holtby has cooled off considerably. And Crawford will never get it because the NHL hates the poor guy for some reason.

If I had to pick the 3 candidates it would be Holtby, Crawford, Bishop. Holt and Bish for the true contenders.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Eh... He's in the running. Quick not so much as he's been ok but not game-changing. Holtby has cooled off considerably. And Crawford will never get it because the NHL hates the poor guy for some reason.

If I had to pick the 3 candidates it would be Holtby, Crawford, Bishop. Holt and Bish for the true contenders.

Oh I agree but it's clear you don't visit the main board much do you. Bishop is hardly ever mentioned. That was my point.

Cedric Baguette*

Thank you Bishop for actually giving a **** unlike the rest of the team.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
This game has no bearing on how we'll look in the playoffs.

Well, no, not directly... BUT we've clearly built up a pattern of apathy, haven't we? This isn't magic, you can only get lucky so many times and we pulled that off a lot last year. I think we used up all the rabbits we had at the ready (to pull out of our hat, of course).

We won't be able to sneak up on people down after 40-50 minutes and get lucky wins.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well, no, not directly... BUT we've clearly built up a pattern of apathy, haven't we? This isn't magic, you can only get lucky so many times and we pulled that off a lot last year. I think we used up all the rabbits we had at the ready (to pull out of our hat, of course).

We won't be able to sneak up on people down after 40-50 minutes and get lucky wins.

We were playing Toronto. We've mailed it in against Toronto pretty much every time we've played them. That's the pattern. We look at them as an easy win, and barely show up. Which is why it has no bearing on the playoffs. Is it frustrating? Sure. But it's not a tell-tale sign of a team that can't go far in the playoffs. It's just a team that takes nights off when they think they can get away with it. Nobody seems to remember how often we did it last year, but "playing down to their competition" was a well-used phrase around here.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Wow we looked pathetic. If not for Ben Bishop we would have gotten smoked. That game should have been 6-3 Toronto after 40 minutes. If that's the kind of game you're going to put in against the literal worst team in the league when you're jockeying for playoff seeding and trying to get fine tuned for the playoffs, I really don't know how much faith I can put in this team.

As much **** as I have given the Rangers for a decade for how much they depend on Henrik, we may be worse.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow did not deserve that win. The entire team should be buying Bishop dinner for like a week.

If Bish does not at least get nominated for the Vezina going to be pissed.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Wow we looked pathetic. If not for Ben Bishop we would have gotten smoked. That game should have been 6-3 Toronto after 40 minutes. If that's the kind of game you're going to put in against the literal worst team in the league when you're jockeying for playoff seeding and trying to get fine tuned for the playoffs, I really don't know how much faith I can put in this team.

As much **** as I have given the Rangers for a decade for how much they depend on Henrik, we may be worse.

They are something like 6-3-1 in their last ten. Not an allstar team but playing much better than you would think.

Also, you ******* hoping on my Bish for vezina campaign yet? Dont care about Holtby's wins, Bish has this.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They are something like 6-3-1 in their last ten. Not an allstar team but playing much better than you would think.

Also, you ******* hoping on my Bish for vezina campaign yet? Dont care about Holtby's wins, Bish has this.

Bish probably deserves it but Holtby will probably win due to being in a popular market and president trophy winners.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

I don't care what they are in their last 10. It looked like 2 different classes of teams out there last night.

And yes, Bish does deserve the Vezina. He won't win it, but he deserves it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't care what they are in their last 10. It looked like 2 different classes of teams out there last night.

Pretty much this.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

Well, you are saying they looked much better than us, but saying they are the worst team in the league. But, looking better than us and being 6-3 would indicate they are not the worst team in the league.

Bish is gonna win. Holtbys wins are cool but voters will view them as a team stat.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Well, you are saying they looked much better than us, but saying they are the worst team in the league. But, looking better than us and being 6-3 would indicate they are not the worst team in the league.

Bish is gonna win. Holtbys wins are cool but voters will view them as a team stat.

Really? That is a ridiculous argument. They are in 30th place in the NHL. They sold off pretty much all of their NHL talent and are essentially the Toronto Marlies. You know exactly what I mean when I say it is unacceptable to get doubled up on shots and scoring chances by that team. Especially at this time of year and at home.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

I hope this is the case but...

I have a feeling Holtbys wins will cause this to happen. Which is ridiculous since wins are, as stated, a team stat.

Out of the 55 games he started and finished, 38 have been games he allowed 2 or fewer goals against. 11 of those were losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad