GDT: 3/27/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Chicago VS Tampa Bay

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
This is gonna sound awful but I got a kick out of their reaction to the Gourde OT winner

http://www.dtmts.com/?id=2016021124&vid=50872503

It's amazing how transient the Tampa Bay area is still even today. I'm willing to be there must've been a good 9,000 Hawks fans in Amalie Arena last night and at least 7,000 live locally and just mark their calendar for the night the Hawks are in town. No offense but you're not gonna convince me that many people made this mass exodus from out of state when the Panthers game didn't even sell out over the weekend with all the Hawks fans at it.

Canadian fanbases on the other hand? Yes, that I can buy. Because by all accounts I've heard that it's effectively cheaper and easier to catch a flight to Tampa for their game than it is to see it in their own town.

Yesterday at Aldi I saw a couple with a Blackhawks sticker on their window and a Lightning license plate. :help:

jahbless

Jun 8, 2015
Tampa
This is gonna sound awful but I got a kick out of their reaction to the Gourde OT winner

http://www.dtmts.com/?id=2016021124&vid=50872503

It's amazing how transient the Tampa Bay area is still even today. I'm willing to be there must've been a good 9,000 Hawks fans in Amalie Arena last night and at least 7,000 live locally and just mark their calendar for the night the Hawks are in town. No offense but you're not gonna convince me that many people made this mass exodus from out of state when the Panthers game didn't even sell out over the weekend with all the Hawks fans at it.

Canadian fanbases on the other hand? Yes, that I can buy. Because by all accounts I've heard that it's effectively cheaper and easier to catch a flight to Tampa for their game than it is to see it in their own town.

Spring break plays a big part of this too. Damn snowbirds clogging up the highways here.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
One of the main reasons why they started to play better is that the fourth and to some extent third line got some new bodies, we got some energy and the forecheck is much better, was most impressed with our bottom six against Chicago!

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
One of the main reasons why they started to play better is that the fourth and to some extent third line got some new bodies, we got some energy and the forecheck is much better, was most impressed with our bottom six against Chicago!

I guess me screaming "hit somebody" at my TV for the first half of the game worked.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Hard not to love this team. Epic win last night...the fight they show is just incredible. A pleasure to watch this team fight this way into a playoff spot. Much better than cruising in...what a ride!

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hard not to love this team. Epic win last night...the fight they show is just incredible. A pleasure to watch this team fight this way into a playoff spot. Much better than cruising in...what a ride!

Nope. Would much rather have a nice easy run into the playoffs and have home ice.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

You do realize that "ride" was at the cost of 40+ games of dull hockey right? I'd rather watch the Lightning tear up other teams throughout the entire season and our top guys pad the stat sheets consistently but that's just me.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think I'd prefer to wait until the playoffs to let myself get excited over elimination games, I guess there is a positive way of looking at everything though.

We are going to be toast in the first round regardless. Not necessarily because the opposing team is better, but because of how depleted this team will be two months of emotionally exhausting itself to make the show.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You do realize that "ride" was at the cost of 40+ games of dull hockey right? I'd rather watch the Lightning tear up other teams throughout the entire season and our top guys pad the stat sheets consistently but that's just me.

Yeah, I'd much rather be cruisin in than scoreboard watching every night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad