GDT: 3/26/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Vasy with Another shutout...even if it won't Count as such,

And that was that, once we had a PP and then had to kill a penelty at the end the uphill battle just was to much.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
The power play on this team just makes me sad. They had a man up, what, six times tonight? The last two power plays hurt the team far more than it helped them. Brutal.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
We deserved that game, but Bishop's softies cost us the 2 points. Oh well. We didn't deserve 2 points vs. the Panthers but we got them, we deserved 2 here and didn't. It happens.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
If the Habs loses tonight then the rangers are the only team to clinch a playoff berth...sad that we could have done the same but failed to do so.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Carle should have sprinted to the bench for an extra skater for the last 10 seconds because he is literally offensively inept. Holy ****.

Also, Hedman, dude. Don't stickhandle 3 ****ing times when Stammer has a clear lane. That's a one touch 10/10 times. He stick handled Stamkos into traffic. Idiotic.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Carle has actually been really solid since returning. The timing of his penalty was awful, but our pp, and the first 4 minutes in the 1st were bigger game killers. Rinne stole a few too.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Bish cost us this one but I am very confidant he bounces back for us on Saturday. Not going to hold it against him as he has played great for quite a while.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yea it was a bad penalty by Carle, but he has been solid since his return. Tonight is on Ben, let some softies in and put them behind early.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Bad game by Bishop but he was due for one. Pejorative Slured penalty by Carle at the end. We probably deserved two points tonight but we didn't deserve it last time. The hockey gods giveth and the hockey gods takeh away. Nashville is one of those teams I don't mind losing to so I'm not too disappointed, especially with Detroit and Montreal (currently) losing.

I expect a good rebound game by Bishop on Saturday.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Certainly, in the realm of process vs. result (the realm I base my entire thought process on), this was a better game than Tuesday's game. It does show, however (Capt. Obvious alert) that, when you mix unforced d-zone turnovers, a tepid power play, a G on a really off night, and a good team with a superb goalie, even the best efforts can still come up short. It's a shame, too, because tonight featured some of the best penalty killing I can remember in a long time from this team, as well. The four minute kill was unfortunately wasted immediately when Bishop gave up that softie that ended his night. Had the ability to turn the entire game around, that kill, and it ended up being for naught. Unsurprisingly, that was a key moment in this game, because that goal ended up being the winner.

Bold: Not sure how I forgot that the first time around. That was probably the worst aspect of them all.

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
We deserved that game, but Bishop's softies cost us the 2 points. Oh well. We didn't deserve 2 points vs. the Panthers but we got them, we deserved 2 here and didn't. It happens.

You're exactly right, and that's how life goes too. Just forget this one, realize Bish rarely has an off-night and move on.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Meh not much you can do. Think they played better this game than the last game, last game only a couple of guys really played well and carried the team on their backs to get a win. Tonight they kept the game close, all 4 lines were flying and putting pressure, especially in the 3rd, got robbed a few times, and think Bishop should of had two of those 3 goals.

Not a good night overall for the Atlantic division, so this was a loss we could of afforded , imo

One other note, Coop needs to change up the PP once again, or at least make the TKO unit the top unit. Think we should consider going back to that Hedman,Stamkos,Palat,Callahan, and Flip unit. At this point, what other options do they have, can't hurt to try this for a few games and get a hot unit going into the playoffs.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Coop needs to fire himself as PP coach. **** man - it just doesn't work. Even when it scores, it's not from a good PP, it's from a breakdown by the other team.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Coop needs to fire himself as PP coach. **** man - it just doesn't work. Even when it scores, it's not from a good PP, it's from a breakdown by the other team.

How do they not understand the failures of our PP? They have the talent to have a lethal PP, but they keep doing the same worthless ****!!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Carle you hurt me! Cooper you got to pull bishop after that 2nd goal! But rinne did shut the door tonight!

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I think during the 4v3 PP, there was a chance for Stamkos to walk into the high slot and let one rip, and instead he drifted to the right board, where there was already another low forward, and it made me face palm. Unless I'm not remembering the set-up correctly (possible), I don't know why Stamkos wouldn't just let one rip with no blockers in the way. Irritating.

Another case was on the last PP where Johnson, I believe, had gained the zone on a carry-in, had no marker, and still dumped it in after. There were no shot attempts to follow for the rest of that PP, so that ended up being a waste, too.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
We will bounce back. Nashville is really good and they played just better defense and in goal than us. We were close to stealing it late if we got a bounce or two. Just killed us to give up two early goals.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith
Stamkos: "I'm pissed off about the effort on the power play. It's pretty frustrating.. It was embarrassing."

Use your aggressive feelings, boy...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad