GDT: 3/26/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
How do they not understand the failures of our PP? They have the talent to have a lethal PP, but they keep doing the same worthless ****!!

The problem is we still score enough ES goals to win games regularily...

Shot totals for this game were a joke too. NSH had 4 SOG in the 1st but was up 2-0.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Bish cost us this one but I am very confidant he bounces back for us on Saturday. Not going to hold it against him as he has played great for quite a while.

I won't put this entirely on Bishop. Barberio & Sustr royally screwed up, not once but twice. Seriously they're both pretty good players, but together it's like watching a debacle happen before your eyes.

Their chemistry is worse than putting two beer league players, half drunk, on the PK together in an NHL game.

Bishop was definitely off his game, especially after that weird 1st goal. He's such a passionate player that when he lets something in early he has a hard time recovering.

We sucked ass for a while that game but slowly came back to dominate.

Too bad Carle had to pull a Carle, otherwise I legitimately think we would have won or at least taken to OT/SO.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I won't put this entirely on Bishop. Barberio & Sustr royally screwed up, not once but twice. Seriously they're both pretty good players, but together it's like watching a debacle happen before your eyes.

Their chemistry is worse than putting two beer league players, half drunk, on the PK together in an NHL game.

Bishop was definitely off his game, especially after that weird 1st goal. He's such a passionate player that when he lets something in early he has a hard time recovering.

Too bad Carle had to pull a Carle, otherwise I legitimately think we would have won or at least taken to OT/SO.
Ya is coburn close to being back I hope ? Every time I see barbs and sustr together my pulse races!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's ridiculous how many times we'll dump the puck in on the PP and everyone just kind of glides into the corner instead of doing what they would do if it were 5 on 5. It's like a PP is a break for them. No need to win any puck battles, boys!

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Barberio & Sustr royally screwed up, not once but twice.

That pairing is a plague. You don't even need advanced fancy stats to see how truly awful it is, just use your eyes. It's like Laurel and Hardy out there, but with far less coordination.

Where the hell is Nesterov? You can't tell me he wouldn't do better than one of those two. Both Sustr and Barbs just get manhandled all game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We could of clinched a playoff spot and take the division last night since Montreal and Boston both lost last night. Very frustrating.

PP needs to change again.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
This loss is a bit on Bish but the thing to like the team is becoming nicely consistent in its effort... PP aside for sure.

I start to miss Nesterov though, our bottom pairing is so boring to watch. :laugh:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

It's really weird how Sustr royally screwed up twice when he was on the ice for only one goal against. The goal against was also on the forward who didn't backcheck and Bishop who let a big rebound go right to the Preds player. But I'm no expert like you so Sustr must suck if you say so.

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Did everybody catch that Barberio, though he was on-ice for the third NSH goal, actually was in proper position boxing out his man at the net-front and that it was Stamkos who peeled away in the corner to allow the puck-carrier to wheel, unopposed, behind Bishop for a wraparound attempt and also, that it was Stralman who was out of position and late arriving to the spot that would have sealed off the side of the net?

That was obvious, right?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Did everybody catch that Barberio, though he was on-ice for the third NSH goal, actually was in proper position boxing out his man at the net-front and that it was Stamkos who peeled away in the corner to allow the puck-carrier to wheel, unopposed, behind Bishop for a wraparound attempt and also, that it was Stralman who was out of position and late arriving to the spot that would have sealed off the side of the net?

That was obvious, right?

I have no idea what you're watching, that goal was clearly on Sustr. Guys barely AHL caliber not sure why he's even on the team. Hopefully Gudas returns soon to take his spot back.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I have no idea what you're watching, that goal was clearly on Sustr. Guys barely AHL caliber not sure why he's even on the team. Hopefully Gudas returns soon to take his spot back.

Clearly the team needs Ohlund to come back from injury soon - you say Gudas...I raise you Ohlund and call your bluff.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

That was obvious, right?

There was some miscommunication there - I think Stamkos thought him and Stralman were supposed to switch (and looking at our general zone coverage I actually think he's right), and Stralman didn't make the same read.

Still doesn't excuse the goal. Wasn't a great defensive play, but the shot simply was not dangerous and should never go in against an NHL goaltender. It's 100% on Bish.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

That was obvious, right?

I don't think anyone was blaming the third goal on Barberio. I think that's on Bishop first and foremost.

The second goal on the other hand, and the fact that every time he is out there it's pressure in the defensive zone and turnovers by him and sustr, I think people notice that.

But again, hopefully 7 more games and we don't have to ever see him in a TB jersey again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad