GDT: 3/25 Sharks @ Oilers 6:30pm CSNCA

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
With Joe Thornton's 2 pts he has now reached the 70+ point total for the 10th consecutive season.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Nabby was also unceremoniously let go by the organization.

He was let go by the entire league, that does not paint a picture of a goalie that was let go because of a mentality that the coach has for blocking shots or not blocking shots. He was let go because he was a older goalie, who was slightly showing signs of his age catching up to him. And asking for 5+ million on a multi year term contract.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Umm,Nieto 70 points? You really think he is going to be top20 in points in the future? Because that's what you are suggesting.
If he becomes regular 40-50 point winger that would be plenty.

I'm all for unrealistic expectations. I'm gonna imagine a line sometime along the way that features:
Hertl-Couture-Nieto

...it'll be awesome balls! 70 points each. Count on it!

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
pavs_zps85dd14cc.jpg

Hatty!!!

Was browsing this thread, but man this pic is just so much win. EPIC

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Regarding blocking shots, I have no problem with guys blocking shots. I do have a problem with them leaning down and exposing their arms, hands and inside of their knees to block shots though. They need to stand up and front the puck with their padded legs and skates with those hard plastic things on them. Both Couture and Burish got hurt by leaning down to block shots and an Oilers guy got hit on the inside of the knee doing the same thing.

TealTownUSA

Mar 30, 2010
so nhl.com has backes up there this morning... no love for pavs but a small link and his 3stars pic. unless i missed it already.

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
When you're a visiting fan, apparently throwing your cap on the ice to celebrate a hatrick isn't ok. I had glass seats on the side where the Sharks shot twice, and the Sharks fans who had caps chucked them right over...and the ushers were not impressed.

Edmonton was awesome, and so was Calgary (had seats right behind the Sharks bench). I highly recommend those two games and cities for a Sharks fan looking to do a road trip and a great overall hockey experience.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
When you're a visiting fan, apparently throwing your cap on the ice to celebrate a hatrick isn't ok. I had glass seats on the side where the Sharks shot twice, and the Sharks fans who had caps chucked them right over...and the ushers were not impressed.

Edmonton was awesome, and so was Calgary (had seats right behind the Sharks bench). I highly recommend those two games and cities for a Sharks fan looking to do a road trip and a great overall hockey experience.

To bad rexall will be replaced with a new arena in the future. :(

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011

Even if they were kicked out, I bet if you asked them, they would do it again every single time. I know I would.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Throw a jersey, they are used to that.

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
Nobody got kicked out, just a very stern warning from an usher to which I replied "Don't worry, we won't do it again, promise...we're all out of hats". Those who threw the hats would have surely done it even if it meant getting kicked out, and even Oilers fans agreed and said we should be allowed to do it. It's a flipping hatrick!!!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Nobody got kicked out, just a very stern warning from an usher to which I replied "Don't worry, we won't do it again, promise...we're all out of hats". Those who threw the hats would have surely done it even if it meant getting kicked out, and even Oilers fans agreed and said we should be allowed to do it. It's a flipping hatrick!!!

It's not surprising. Given a lot of the stuff fans have said recently about their experiences, it seems like they have marching orders to censor people in the arena these days more than what is the norm for hockey arenas.

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
Outside of that, which was somewhat understandable, every other person we encountered in both cities and arenas was amazing. They were shocked and thrilled that Californians would make the trip to Alberta to watch both games. The moment of the trip was in Calgary in the 1st period, and we had two kids sitting next to us right behind the Sharks bench. One of the kids (both wearing Flames jerseys), found out my friend was in the military. His eyes lit up, ran over to him and screamed "Thank You!!!", and then gave him a huge hug. We pretty much teared up, and the kids were given the '13 Sharks Opening Day shirts which they promptly put on over their Flames jerseys...and they also got pucks from the Sharks. It was like Christmas for them.

Such a great trip, I'll definitely be doing it again.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
La ushers made me turn my sharks banner in before game 6 against la in '11 because they said it was too big.... then the game almos starts and i see a kings fan with a kings banner the same size and brand... gotta love hypocrisy.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
SNOG 6-1

Cooch x3 (I mean Pavs), Burns, Irwin, Burish
Eberle

Damn got the score wrong but at least I got the Pavs hatty! That has to count for something right? Right? No?!?!

I did like Burnzie on PP1. His dynamic wrister could be devasting and it opens up rebounds galore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad