GDT: 3/25/21 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
That's a big letdown to give up a goal like that, at that time, with Vasy's record on the line. Like I said, I don't care about the points. We have plenty. But that's an ugly loss while Vasy is trying to make history.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Well that was awful by just about every single one of our players.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
One of the very rare games where we allowed goals during what should have been closedown time. The last time was vs Dallas too.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Aside from the last goal. Both didn't have that bad of a game.

Not saying it was their worst, but they get exposed. Half the time Foote has no idea when or where to pass it in his own end. Has no control or flow to his game.. I get he's young so I'm not saying uh oh he's gonna bust, more so, I don't think him and Rutta on the ice as 2/3 of our RD is a good thing.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Not saying it was their worst, but they get exposed. Half the time Foote has no idea when or where to pass it in his own end. Has no control or flow to his game.. I get he's young so I'm not saying uh oh he's gonna bust, more so, I don't think him and Rutta on the ice as 2/3 of our RD is a good thing.
He's played less than 20 games. Wtf do you want from him? He reminds a lot of Hedman in his rookie season. It'll come, like I was saying he needs to get in a gritty game and let his inner dad come out.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Ice time for the D

Sergachev - 26:12
Hedman - 25:03
Foote - 23:52
Rutta - 22:55
Borgman - 11:47
Schenn - 10:26

Only 1:56 for Schenn and 2:20 for Borgman in the 3rd period

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Jesus people step back from the ledge. We are going to have some stinkers. Missing an entire pair caught up to us. It happens.

Reactions: SeaChaser

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Weak effort by the Bolts. Dallas deserves this one.

Not one PP. Ridiculous

40+ shots. Come on boys, that’s terrible. Both teams have injuries

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Jesus people step back from the ledge. We are going to have some stinkers. Missing an entire pair caught up to us. It happens.

I’ve come to expect this reaction from our reverently spoiled fan base. The sky is falling attitude is totally pointless. It was a dud game, get over & move past it. So sorry you don’t get your free Wendy’s double stack or 1/2 off papa John’s pizza tomorrow. I’m sure they’ll get the next 4 games for you to make up for it lmao

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
He's played less than 20 games. Wtf do you want from him? He reminds a lot of Hedman in his rookie season. It'll come, like I was saying he needs to get in a gritty game and let his inner dad come out.
not even the point im making. We go into a playoff series having to rely on Rutta and Foote as 2/3 RHD, I think we struggle. I clearly said I understand hes young and inexperienced, but thats also a double edged sword taking him into the playoffs. Right before their 4th goal, he made two hiccups he makes regularly. That can get by against a struggling Dallas right now, but against Vegas or another good team, it wont. We don't have Bogosian and Shattenkirk this year to log heavy minutes and move the puck.

Even with a healthy McD and Cernak, the right side worries me, unless Rutta can get his shit together.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The only game I can recall in a couple years that we were outplayed in each of the three periods. The Stop Ottinger made on Palat deflated the team. Dallas has had a rough year but this breathed a little life into them.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Foote is probably as ready as he's gonna get. But his skating is a really big problem
I wouldn't call it a problem as much as a flaw. He has to manage it. One of the ways to do so is quicker anticipation and reaction. One of the reasons his foot speed stands out is because he is always reacting a few beats later than guys with more experience, so the other guy already has a stride or two by the time Foote tries to close.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad