GDT: 3/25/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I could be wrong but in his post game interview he was asked about the teams resiliency and he said "that's not resilience I don't know that word, next question"

Maybe I heard wrong but I played it back 3x. Seemed like he had a tude
He had an attitude throughout the interview

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Johnny's been low key great this year. He gets a lot of heat from fans because point skyrocketed into that 2c. But he is still a damn good player and hustler.
I've given TyJo a lot of shit over the past few years because I think he is seriously overrated on here and lived off his previous playoff performance.

However, hes been a perfect third wheel on that top line. Hes played consistent and great most of the year. Hats off to the guy for sure.

As far as some of his counterparts, it would be great if Stamkos had a linemate as consistent as hes been all year.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If Stamkos had a more consistent producer on his wing, it wouldn't even be fair for this league.

He already gets lower QoC playing behind Point and Kucherov, I mean you could get him an elite linemate... is it worth giving up say a McDonagh to do so?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
He already gets lower QoC playing behind Point and Kucherov, I mean you could get him an elite linemate... is it worth giving up say a McDonagh to do so?
I'm not even talking elite linemate. I'm talking about guys better than 1 and 3 in their last 28 games.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
After reading the Bruins GDT and post game thread...what a bunch of jerks(censored for Mods). Wanting to injure our players...the level of scum and slime is disgusting. They have a greatteam but that's not enough. Outside of a few posters, there's a true lack of class over there.

Sad. When we kick their ass again it will be that much sweeter.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You could give him Kucherov back, I doubt he does any better than he's currently producing...

There was a play last night where Kuch passed out of an A-grade because Stamkos was semi-open at the wing, and this in a 4-3 game. I still don't think they're ready to be reunited.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
There was a play last night where Kuch passed out of an A-grade because Stamkos was semi-open at the wing, and this in a 4-3 game. I still don't think they're ready to be reunited.

He leads the league in goals the past 4 months, do whatever it takes to keep him in shooting mode.

As for linemates, Stamkos has always worked best in pair, it's just simplier and suits his game, the 3rd guy can be anybody as long as they don't try to get too involved in the play. Peak Stamkos had guys like Malone and Downie as his winger.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying Callahan with Stamkos and Miller, just because Callahan really just knows his role and won't do anything fancy, puts the onus on Stamkos and Miller to produce. I think a guy like Gourde gets too caught up in trying to create offense with Stamkos they stray away from their own strengths when on a line with him.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He leads the league in goals the past 4 months, do whatever it takes to keep him in shooting mode.

As for linemates, Stamkos has always worked best in pair, it's just simplier and suits his game, the 3rd guy can be anybody as long as they don't try to get too involved in the play. Peak Stamkos had guys like Malone and Downie as his winger.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying Callahan with Stamkos and Miller, just because Callahan really just knows his role and won't do anything fancy, puts the onus on Stamkos and Miller to produce. I think a guy like Gourde gets too caught up in trying to create offense with Stamkos they stray away from their own strengths when on a line with him.

Miller-Stamkos-Callahan works for me.

Long-term, Erne could be auditioning for that spot, but he's not ready for it yet, IMO. I can't tell if Callahan has been rejuvenated by the "wake up call" that he's the team's 13th forward, or by the extra rest that comes with being the 13th forward, but he's looked good enough that I'd have no issue giving him a game or two with Stamkos and a playmaker to see if they can stir up some magic. It always worked for a few games before falling off, and maybe Stamkos's suddenly legit ability to make plays will help.

And who knows. It could get some use out of $6m in cap space if it works. Perfect time to try it out, IMO.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

No, but things change quickly around here with respect to our pipeline

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah Kuch seemed extremely unhappy to be doing that interview

I think Kuch is unhappy that points aren't adding up for him right now. He's playing well (minus a couple of stupid unselfish passes), but hitting posts and getting robbed a lot. I believe this is 1 point in his last 3, which, for him, constitutes a major slump.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

I wouldn't mind that. The rest seems to have done Callahan some good, as he's looked real decent his last few games.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
So are there any pictures from the banner ceremony, wasn’t the presidents trophy awarded last night?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
So are there any pictures from the banner ceremony, wasn’t the presidents trophy awarded last night?
We got t-shirts

thumb.aspx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad