GDT: 3/24/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
And btw I didn't mean re-read my post I meant that in the context of 'I' re-read my previous post
No worries! I think we’re seeing a Tampa team that’s a bit tired of playing “meaningless” hockey combined with a packed road schedule in the month of March, plus we gave up three roster players and brought in two new ones at the TDL so the chemistry is a bit messed up especially with so little practice in between games and flights etc. The team has a history of underperforming a bit in the reg too. Better slump now than in the playoffs.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
This team really needs a solid game against a good team to build on. I legitimately cannot think when we last looked good against a non-shitty team.

No kidding. They aren't just losing these games, they're getting dominated out there in most of these games. I know I've said I don't care too much about where they end up or that their record against contenders doesn't mean too much...wasn't saying they never had to win (or at least look competitive in) these games at all. Last two games have followed similar patterns - look decent enough for most of the 1st period, and then get completely run over from the 2nd period onward. Maybe they're just completely worn out, but unless they find a second wind that portends a pretty brief postseason, especially as they continue to play themselves into playing Florida or Carolina to start things off.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I don't like that we are getting dominated this way, every good team is same story. There's too less margin of error in playoffs they have to get rolling soon

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I think they have the look of a team that's ready for the playoffs to start. Not that they look "playoff ready", but when you play so many meaningful games in a short period of time as we did during the two Cup runs, I get the sense the regular season can start to really drag on.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
The day after is even worse and the game day.
Because you realize how many problems your team has and, despite all the confidence, you can legitimately start to be worried.
From the first goals allowed (ok, yeserday we broke that trend), to the PP without many goals scored, despite the talent we have.
From the too many penalities allowed, to the only 1 period played in the right way.
From the defensive bad plays to the late goals allowed.
Many problems that need to be fixed in time for Game 1 of the post seasons.
I'm not the "sky is falling" guy but I'm a little bit worried.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I promised myself I wouldn't be worried until we're down to elimination game in the playoffs but this team is f***ing shit right now and I can't see us advancing from the first round. It's a joke we can't win against a good team.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Why are Boston fans arguing over Boston players in a Lightning GDT?

giphy.gif

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We weren't great going into the tournament last year either. I think year before we didn't play great in play ins but we still won those games. This year's team has some work but it's still too early to know for sure what we got here.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad