IgeJFNU.png

QnKttOc.png

qgDDBeT.png

zTmbuOX.png

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Looking forward to dropping to 4th in the division.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
We're going to get killed. Point has played probably the worst hockey of his NHL career lately and Kuch hasn't been much better. Palat has been completely useless for over a month. Stamkos has slowed down and Hedman can't defend for shit. Either these guys are tired, which I don't believe since we just had a lot of time off before this awful stretch, they don't care or they just plain suck when we've now had to face a lot of good teams lately.

Are we back to paper tigers?

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
While our downward trend is a bit concerning I wouldn’t read too much into it. Yet. We had a packed West road schedule and we’re on another packed East road trip right now. Slumps happen and usually make the team better in the long run. Whether we finish 2nd or in a wild card spot won’t matter anyway. I’ll panic when we’re out of the playoff picture. But as of now we have a 17 points and 15.4 percentage points in P% cushion and two games in hand on Columbus.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Personally I’d prefer to avoid a round one all Florida matchup. Obviously would be nice to start playing well too.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Obviously it would be better to get some wins before this roadtrip ends, but once its over then 12 of the final 17 games are at home, so that should be a chance to get some home cooking to end the season. How that impacts the standings, we'll see.

Reactions: Hoek

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I can’t stand Boston. I don’t like the Bruins, the RedSox I don’t like Logan airport or there beans. The best thing to come out if Boston was an empty bus.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
just keep losing and go through the metro in the playoffs. way easier

Although Pittsburgh isn't a comfortable thought, this is unironically not a bad idea whatsoever, though after Tuesday night maybe a Carolina matchup would be able to create Florida-levels of mutual animosity after all...avoiding those hate-filled rivalries and the wear-and-tear that comes with them would be the biggest benefit of sliding into the Metro bracket.

Problem is, wild card or not, sliding to the Metro is outside our control. It would depend on which wild card we are and who finishes #1 between Florida and Carolina. If Florida finishes #1 and we finish second wild card, we're still in the Atlantic bracket.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Although Pittsburgh isn't a comfortable thought, this is unironically not a bad idea whatsoever, though after Tuesday night maybe a Carolina matchup would be able to create Florida-levels of mutual animosity after all...avoiding those hate-filled rivalries and the wear-and-tear that comes with them would be the biggest benefit of sliding into the Metro bracket.

Problem is, wild card or not, sliding to the Metro is outside our control. It would depend on which wild card we are and who finishes #1 between Florida and Carolina. If Florida finishes #1 and we finish second wild card, we're still in the Atlantic bracket.
Difference is Carolina is soft

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't believe I'm gonna say this but I think we should go back to 91-21-86. And we should all it the One Basket line.

Reactions: Byrddog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad