GDT: 3/24/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Close game. Could have gone either way, stressful at the end there.

Rattie robbing McDavid of a point on the missed empty netter, damnit

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
ALMOST had it tonight too!

Maybe we can ring up a goal-no goal-goal next time instead of no goal-goal-no goal, heh.
Like I know there are a million other games where you guys scored in the last minute.
Unless I'm up by 8 goals with a minute left against the Kings, I don't feel safe.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Draisaitl has been so bad the last two games - he needs a benching. Don’t know why coaches baby their stars players so much.

Good even game against the Kings. I rather beat the Ducks and lose to the Kings so hopefully we haven’t used up all puck luck tonight.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Can't believe McDavid has already passed Crosby's and Ovechkin's career highs in ES points as a 21 year old. Ridiculous how good he is
it really just doesn't make sense how a player can be that dominant in the current league's form where everything is calculated to minimize minimize minimize

f*** all the gameplan he just skates around you and makes you look foolish no matter how hard you try

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
it really just doesn't make sense how a player can be that dominant in the current league's form where everything is calculated to minimize minimize minimize

**** all the gameplan he just skates around you and makes you look foolish no matter how hard you try
Yeah I think he's going to be better than Crosby when it's all said and done. he's unreal. Too smart and too fast to stop

Reactions: generationalfan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Like I know there are a million other games where you guys scored in the last minute.
Unless I'm up by 8 goals with a minute left against the Kings, I don't feel safe.

I forget what the stat was but we're insane in the last 5 minutes of games...something like 31 goals for. They showed it in the telecast but no way I'm digging back through that to find it.

I'm pretty sure that Quick is still pissed off about the Yakupov slide.

:laugh: I literally think about this every single time.

Reactions: oXo Cube

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Can't believe McDavid has already passed Crosby's and Ovechkin's career highs in ES points as a 21 year old. Ridiculous how good he is
It's staggering how he's much better at generating offense in even strength than Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin have ever been. Or anybody in the league since scoring chances have been tracked.

If he stays healthy honestly could win 7-8 scoring titles.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It's staggering how he's much better at generating offense in even strength than Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin have ever been. Or anybody in the league since scoring chances have been tracked.

If he stays healthy honestly could win 7-8 scoring titles.
staggering is the perfect word. what he's doing at even strength is somewhere between Crosby and Gretzky type dominance over his peers. I know how that sounds, but he is truly blowing the field away

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Blues and Avs wins push La outside the playoff picture.

Gotta respect the way the Blues are playing. They sold at the deadline, have been hit by injuries, were slumping and looked dead in the water but instead of mailing it in like Calgary, they went to work.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Yes, unless you mean being on a bad team. If so, half the players in the league are on bad teams.
The poor guy has little to no supporting cast, and a ton of pressure on his shoulders. The GM has pretty much traded away all of the players who actually had enough skill or speed to play with him. The coach has thrown him under the bus a couple of times this season (our best players have to be our best players comments). Coming into the season he is expecting to be contending to make the SC finals instead they are contending for the most lottery balls. Other than that he hasn't had to deal with anything. Lets hope the Oilers can figure it out before the best years of arguably the league's best player are wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad