GDT: 3/24/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
McDavid just proving why he's tiers above the rest.

Pretty much. Oilers hardly get across the LA blueline without McDavid out there, then when he IS out there, usually vs. the top comp, the ice tilts. You can tell the extra attention makes even Kopi and Doughty think twice which is bad because at high speed it needs to be instincts, not second guessing.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
CF% is such a good stat, been many times this year where the oilers have dominated a period and not gotten a powerplay.

You dont think that was a penalty on toffoli?

I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to think the Oilers are being wronged so much or deserve a bunch of PPs when they have the puck less than 30% of the time while the Kings miraculously draw nothing.

Refs have called an even game so far, stop begging the refs to bail you out from terrible play.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
CF% is such a good stat, been many times this year where the oilers have dominated a period and not gotten a powerplay.

You dont think that was a penalty on toffoli?

seventy

two

percent

no f***in shit you're not gonna draw calls when you only have the puck

twenty

eight

percent of the period

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
seventy

two

percent

no ****in **** you're not gonna draw calls when you only have the puck

twenty

eight

percent of the period
That means nothing 2 slashed broken sticks are calls don't care if the cf is 100 % lol this site

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to think the Oilers are being wronged so much or deserve a bunch of PPs when they have the puck less than 30% of the time while the Kings miraculously draw nothing.

Refs have called an even game so far, stop begging the refs to bail you out from terrible play.
talkin about picks when they literally dumped kopitar behind the play to keep him from backchecking

i swear these guys whine about refs incessantly. it's nhl hockey, refs are trash, they miss all sorts of calls for every single team, it's not a conspiracy against anyone

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Meanwhile the Oilers are dead last in the league in PP's by a fair margin, meanwhile we are top 10 in all corsi stats...

The Wings, Jackets, Leafs, Ducks, and Kings (the closest 5 teams to the oilers in PPO) all have negative corsi rates on the season and are bottom ten in all corsi stats...

So yeah, i want an audit of all the PPs all season.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
seventy

two

percent

no ****in **** you're not gonna draw calls when you only have the puck

twenty

eight

percent of the period
This is me nitpicking.

Shot metrics =/= puck possession.

A team that shoots the puck a lot likely has the puck a lot, but they aren't the same thing. Advanced stats need to move away from improper definitions. It's the same thing with stats regarding "high danger scoring chances." Really it's measuring shots from certain areas of the ice.

Again, just nitpicking. But if the goal of advanced stats is to get a more clear and accurate understanding of what is happening on the ice, there should be clear and accurate labeling of the stats.

Reactions: Spender and snipes

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
talkin about picks when they literally dumped kopitar behind the play to keep him from backchecking

i swear these guys whine about refs incessantly. it's nhl hockey, refs are trash, they miss all sorts of calls for every single team, it's not a conspiracy against anyone

"give us some calls"

gameflow324.JPG

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is me nitpicking.

Shot metrics =/= puck possession.

A team that shoots the puck a lot likely has the puck a lot, but they aren't the same thing. Advanced stats need to move away from improper definitions. It's the same thing with stats regarding "high danger scoring chances." Really it's measuring shots from certain areas of the ice.

Again, just nitpicking. But if the goal of advanced stats is to get a more clear and accurate understanding of what is happening on the ice, there should be clear and accurate labeling of the stats.

Of course. I agree with you.

I just can't stand the hottakery that the Oilers somehow 'deserve' more calls when they hardly got near the puck in the 2nd. PPs are 1-1. This is about as good as NHL reffing gets. The Oilers have the lead. Zero reason for tears.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Of course. I agree with you.

I just can't stand the hottakery that the Oilers somehow 'deserve' more calls when they hardly got near the puck in the 2nd. PPs are 1-1. This is about as good as NHL reffing gets. The Oilers have the lead. Zero reason for tears.

This ofc has nothing to do with the Kings or this game, but the Oilers are dead last in PP opportunities by a large margin in spite of being a positive possession team.

Leads to being a frustrated bunch. :laugh:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Wild only team to go 3-0 vs Vegas and only team in the West to have a winning record vs. Preds. suddenly the playoffs seem less frightening.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
hey did anyone else notice Poolparty having a puck battle at center ice with an invisible force that some how got the puck outta LA's end!?!?

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Randorf says that Kopitar's resurgence is the largest gain in points in LA history. Clearly whoever got him that stat forgot about Bernie Nicholls.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Must suck losing to the Oilers when fighting for a playoff spot.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Must suck losing to the Oilers when fighting for a playoff spot.

I mean honestly if you lose to the Oilers in the middle of a playoff race you really don’t deserve to make the playoffs.

Kings special tonight, getting embarrassed by a team they should’ve beaten

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean honestly if you lose to the Oilers in the middle of a playoff race you really don’t deserve to make the playoffs.

Kings special tonight, getting embarrassed by a team they should’ve beaten

Pretty much the 2015-2017 Kings special tonight.

5 of 6 points on the road vs. Min, WPG, and Colorado...come to Edmonton and...well, never really showed up really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad