GDT: 3/22/14 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Very good game for Lindy. If he plays like this more often then he'll get more starts down the stretch to let Bish rest.

TJ had a rare terrible game. Made quite a few errors and had the misfortune of going against a very experienced team that made him pay.

Palat. Let me have your babies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well, let's go Leafs!

And Drouin's playing in a couple of hours.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Wonder if we'll get an apology from the NHL like the Panthers did.

Apology for what? Does the apology count as an extra point? If not then they can take their apology, shine it up real nice, turn that sum***** sideways, and stick it straight up their candy *****.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Either trolling or you have quite possibly the worst hockey player evaluation skill I've ever seen.

He's great on the PP and handling the puck, but consistently makes some of the worst passes in the defensive zone of all our D-men. He's out of position more often than an "elite" D-man should be. Hell, he floated over to the boards at the end of the game and left his man in front of the net wide open. He's not that physical. Can't get a shot on goal from the point to save his life.

I'd almost rather see him converted to a forward. Been saying that for a few years. I know it won't happen, but it's infuriating to see him make as many idiotic blunders as guys playing half as long as he has.

Last edited:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
This loss is completely on Johnson. Horrible giveaway on the third and then that stupid ****ing penalty in the overtime. Hope he learns from this.

Got to be happy even about the point but that game was winnable without stupid mistakes and penalties. Lindbäck actually had a pretty good game for a change.

Easy now. The kid has made a couple mistakes, sure. Don't forget how huge he's been to this point in our season. We're fighting for lottery status with out him filling some enormous shoes for 45games.

That said, we should have been on the PP at that point, but the officials ignored the play seconds before Johnson's turnover where Palat flipped the puck out and Filppula was absolutely slewfoot/drilled without the puck. The clearest case of interference anyone's ever seen. Them getting calls when they shouldn't have (Stamkos on Malkin and Malkin's hellacious dive in the corner when Killorn slashed the blade of his stick and the puck) and ignored penalties that the Pens committed, was key. The Pens were utter **** 5 on 5.

This is a huge statement game from the Bolts. We got a point playing most of the game 5 on 7 on the road in Pittsburgh.

PSUPEN

Apr 1, 2013
I felt the refs were horrible. True outcome of the game we will never know. I realize that Crosby is universally hated due to NHL making him the face of this sport but the man works very hard in every area of the game. I do not idolize him but I respect his abilities.
Longtime fan of the Pens and with the talent we do have this team will not make it out of the east in the finals.
Glad to see Stamkos back! Best of luck!

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
He's great on the PP and handling the puck, but consistently makes some of the worst passes in the defensive zone of all our D-men. He's out of position more often than an "elite" D-man should be. Hell, he floated over to the boards at the end of the game and left his man in front of the net wide open. He's not that physical. Can't get a shot on goal from the point to save his life.

I'd almost rather see him converted to a forward. Been saying that for a few years. I know it won't happen, but it's infuriating to see him make as many idiotic blunders as guys playing half as long as he has.

Oh I get it. You don't know Hedman wears #77.

There problem solved now you can watch the right guy.

Yzlamic Preacher*

So who in your opinion can we get for him?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Please enlighten me with what you've been so enamored with him? His offensive ability? I already acknowledged that. He is a good at best defensive player with great offensive talent. He's just as much a liability in the defensive zone as any other D-man on this team.

Last edited:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Please enlighten me with what you've been so enamored with him? His offensive ability? I already acknowledged that. He's a good at best defensive player with great offensive talent. He's just as much a liability in the defensive zone as any other D-man on this team.

He really isn't though. Is he perfect? No. But he's far better defensively than you give him credit for.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Easy now. The kid has made a couple mistakes, sure. Don't forget how huge he's been to this point in our season. We're fighting for lottery status with out him filling some enormous shoes for 45games.

Yeah, I know and I like him very much. But he had probably the worst game of his NHL career and was directly resposible for at least that third Penguins goal. He's a young player and will learn from these games. He's been great and this probably was just a rare bad game for him. Still IMO he was the main reason we lost aside from the refs.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I was exaggerating when I said "get what you can" for him, but to be honest he pisses me off with some of his bone-headed plays almost more than anyone. Salo can't help being a slug. Kostka is learning the ropes. But for where he should be at this point in his career considering his potential, Hedman is not wowing me by any means.

Probably just frustrated with this whole game in general. But some of the plays Hedman made today, and has made recently, really make me wonder if he's a cornerstone for this defense.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Wow didn't see that. That's horrible.

I missed that in real-time too. That's horrible. Refereeing is one subject I seldom touch because it's fraught with allegations of bias, etc., but today really was quite bad. Of course, either way, the Bolts did themselves zero favors. 3/6 PK isn't gonna cut it.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Please enlighten me with what you've been so enamored with him? His offensive ability? I already acknowledged that. He's a good at best defensive player with great offensive talent. He's just as much a liability in the defensive zone as any other D-man on this team.

what the hell.
You have not seen Barberio play...

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I missed that in real-time too. That's horrible. Refereeing is one subject I seldom touch because it's fraught with allegations of bias, etc., but today really was quite bad. Of course, either way, the Bolts did themselves zero favors. 3/6 PK isn't gonna cut it.

That's the rub though Kramerica. The Pens are #1 PP in the league. You don't have to do much to effect the outcome of the game entirely if you're an official and you give them even 1 or 2 extra PPs, they're that dangerous on the man advantage. They were absolutely gifted the go ahead goal due to a non-call on a blatant as hell interference/blindside check to Flip. They ignored Crosby interfering with Johnson on the F/O in OT that directly lead to the GWG.

They call 3 ghost calls against the Bolts. Stamkos on Malkin, Johnson on Orpik(chicken winged Johnson's stick to his ribs with his elbow), and Killorn on Malkin "Slash". Malkin dropped his stick when Killorn slashed the blade of his stick and the puck, then Malkin launched himself into the boards and onto the ice.

That's 3 chances that the Bolts "gave" the best PP to score. In reality, the refs gave them those chances because they were garbage calls. You compound that by ignoring blatant interference calls that were immediately followed by goals for the Penguins and it's hard to see how the Pens win that game without Zebra Help. They were trash 5 on 5 really.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

GET SOME GLASSES or watch some other game cause you dont get this one honestly.

To everyone we went to pitt down a man entire game. Is what it is as he whom will not be named said. We sucked it up and got a point that is a WIN.

For those down on a kid you all do realize? 48 points palat has 49 umm rookies history is one guy on bolts ever to hit 50 people. Tyjo has been awesome this year. He made a very bad play. The other thing with the overtime is bad luck as cooper said in presser. So the 98% of good he brought to the team this year doesnt make it ok to say he sucks plays for other team anything like that.

Some of you need more patience. You need to understand kids make mistakes. I dont like the board like it is today. Especially being down on kids. Purcell has made 100 of those mistakes carle the same. They do more good than bad. Palat and Johnson are the reason we are where we are and hedman for anyone questioning him above?

Without him we ARE LOST is worse than not having a goalie like we have in our history. We saw it when was injured this year so wonder how often you watch the games.

If our fans had to drink every time chief says hedman with a stick check and gets the puck and makes something good happen no one would have a liver after one year.

Hedman is a legit ELITE number one defender. He is becoming more offensively finally.

Even when you play well you need luck. Kurt Busch won a nascar championship in the last race final turn his tire fell off his car if happens 20 feet earlier he doesnt win the race and loses that championship.

I wonder all the time on fans. Everyone on this team has helped us this year. Is no one more so than these two kids and bishop and hedman.

So the kid makes an error one and throw him under the bus? That is not the type of fan I am and am glad for it. I dont get all upset with a team that competes hard and hustles and tries. We are lucky to be seeing what we are and be where we are way luckier than some of you seem to realize.

The bitterness over a point to one of the top teams in the nhl on a rebuilding year whether you want to face it or not is crazy to me. Sad even. I wake up each day just happy hockey is back and we have a competing team. Is a few times this year I didnt believe we could keep it up but we do it. Everyone should just be happy.

I think the word inexcusable should be looked at for those that use it shape it up look in the mirror and really look at yourself.

I aint calling any one fan out or none of you. I love you all cause we share the same passion but win lose or draw if you dont get the calls or the luck just be happy these guys are working their azzes off for us. Cause to me is honor and pleasure to get through this season and hope for so much more and the future:)

You aint winning every game I guess norfolk got 28 in a row somehow. With the coach we have with a few of these same kids:) Maybe someday? Yet at least night in night out I believe we have a shot against anyone. I might get bitter for a moment but TODAY WAS A WIN.

So to be mad to be upset I get we let a point slip away it happens move on. We are doing way better than expected when stamkos went down? How many of you would bet 1000 bucks we could make playoffs and season wasnt toast? When lost marty how may believed and would bet another 1000?

I wouldnt have we were in disarray. This is a very good organization. We are in it and that is all that matters win lose or draw good hands good kids organization and people. IS AS STATED A PLEASURE AND HONOR to see and be a part of this.

I hope you all understand aint trying to call out or knock down. Just have patience a little understanding. Think if you were a red sox fan or a cubs fan or something lol. How many years of brutal failures? Stick by these guys they are winners they will get us there:)

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
GET SOME GLASSES or watch some other game cause you dont get this one honestly.

To everyone we went to pitt down a man entire game. Is what it is as he whom will not be named said. We sucked it up and got a point that is a WIN.

For those down on a kid you all do realize? 48 points palat has 49 umm rookies history is one guy on bolts ever to hit 50 people. Tyjo has been awesome this year. He made a very bad play. The other thing with the overtime is bad luck as cooper said in presser. So the 98% of good he brought to the team this year doesnt make it ok to say he sucks plays for other team anything like that.

Some of you need more patience. You need to understand kids make mistakes. I dont like the board like it is today. Especially being down on kids. Purcell has made 100 of those mistakes carle the same. They do more good t...

The Johnson pass makes this play look like "elite" hockey. The biggest difference - the game was tied after the Carle-Gudas idiocy. Johnson handed the Pens the lead. I can stomach the first one because it was in the beginning of the season but today, we are less than 4 weeks from playoff hockey. Everyone appreciates Johnson's effort and his play this season but his mistakes aren't going away as quickly as they should be.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Ok guys, after calming down...cause I was really steaming after that loss, I retract my statement about Hedman. I think the fact that his inexcusable no-look pass could have easily been the dagger instead of TJ's just sparked some Hedman-directed rage after the game ended. I can forgive Johnson. He's a rookie. I know Hedman is gaining ground with his play, and my complaints about him defensively were way over the top to support my indignation concerning blind passes and not clearing the zone properly.

All that aside, he still sometimes makes some incredibly boneheaded, ill-timed plays at critical points in the game....piss poor passes, stick-checking instead of playing the body, etc. It's just incredibly frustrating when you see a vet making rookie mistakes. Maybe I'm the only one or just too quick to judge, I dunno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad