GDT: 3/22/14 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
We'll take the point especially with Montreal and Toronto playing each other later but what a ****ing frustrating game. I hate games riddled with penalties.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Call on Stamkos on Malkin was awful. Hook on Johnson was also a chicken wing from Orpik. The refs ignored the blatant interference against Johnson on the faceoff in OT PP goal.

Without the refs, we win that game 2 or 3-1. So sick of the refs thumbing the scales. It's not bias, it's absolute ineptitude.

Johnson has looked like a rookie the past few games with his decisions, Palat rescued a point for us at least so that's huge.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hmm, maybe I need to see that penalty again.

I thought it looked legit.

Flip was skating along the boards when Johnson touched it. It was the right call. But Crosby interfered with Johnson after the following faceoff and prevented him from clearing it. 10 seconds later it was in the net.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hmm, maybe I need to see that penalty again.

I thought it looked legit.

Borderline. Not the type of thing you see called in OT very often.

Probably Lindback's best game of the year, competition considered. I thought Gudas was a beast out there again too. Not sure what else can be said about Drej.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
This loss is completely on Johnson. Horrible giveaway on the third and then that stupid ****ing penalty in the overtime. Hope he learns from this.

Got to be happy even about the point but that game was winnable without stupid mistakes and penalties. Lindbäck actually had a pretty good game for a change.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well, with the point, tonight's MTL/TOR game can't hurt that much, regardless of the outcome. We're staying in 2nd.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos looking more like his old self than the one from the first 17 games this season. Largely invisible and pops into the score sheet outta nowhere.

He was an awesome puck handler and strong on the puck for the first time in his career, he's knocked off easily now. Hopefully it's just the rust.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Stupid ass undisciplined team!! Cooper, you gonna chew anyone out for the 6 stupid ass power plays you gave the Pens or the 8 billion blind/soft passes your team makes every game?

Un-****ing-real.

What's even more "un-****ing-real" is you thinking that even half of those calls were legit. Also, we've gotten points in the last 8. If you're going to be mad, be mad at the officials for at least 3 ******** calls against the Bolts and the clear interference on Johnson by Crosby on the F/O that lead to the overtime GWG.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos looking more like his old self than the one from the first 17 games this season. Largely invisible and pops into the score sheet outta nowhere.

He was an awesome puck handler and strong on the puck for the first time in his career, he's knocked off easily now. Hopefully it's just the rust.

Stamkos at 90% is better than 99% of the league.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
What's even more "un-****ing-real" is you thinking that even half of those calls were legit. Also, we've gotten points in the last 8. If you're going to be mad, be mad at the officials for at least 3 ******** calls against the Bolts and the clear interference on Johnson by Crosby on the F/O that lead to the overtime GWG.

My thoughts exactly. But hey, we can't expect the refs to penalize Crosby, that's just silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad