GDT: 3/22/14 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Also this is a complaint regarding the scheduling. How many times do we have to ****ing play the Pens, Caps, and Bruins on the road as the second game in a back-to-back? Seems like we do it more times than most teams.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Also this is a complaint regarding the scheduling. How many times do we have to ****ing play the Pens, Caps, and Bruins on the road as the second game in a back-to-back? Seems like we do it more times than most teams.

We didn't play yesterday... ? Or you just saying in general?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
2013: FL, MTL, ANA, DET, NYR, CAR, COL, OTT (5/8 in playoffs)

2012: CAR, NYR, PITT, NJ, WINN, WASH, BUF, BOS (4/8 made playoffs)

2011: BOS, NYI, WASH, PHO, PITT, NJ, CAR, BOS, TOR (6/8 made playoffs)

Boston x 3, Carolina x 3, Pitt x 2, Wash x 2, NYR x 2, NJ x 2

That is rough...

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
It's a shame we couldn't win cause Pens were not that good, they have a dangerous powerplay but other than that I think we had them under control. One point away from home is still alright.

I think Purcell stepped up lately, he is clearly better than just a month ago.

Brewer got rightfully lot of criticism last season but has been much better this season, sure he is still as slow but he plays it simpler and is taking the role of the veteran d-men well.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
It's a shame we couldn't win cause Pens were not that good, they have a dangerous powerplay but other than that I think we had them under control. One point away from home is still alright.

I think Purcell stepped up lately, he is clearly better than just a month ago.

Brewer got rightfully lot of criticism last season but has been much better this season, sure he is still as slow but he plays it simpler and is taking the role of the veteran d-men well.

Absolutely. He's been rock solid this year.

And yeah, it sucks we couldn't pull out another point, but I'm happy with the one tbh.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Brewer's been solid, Salo needs to get out though. Such terrible hockey IQ/decision making, rips a bomb when there's a passing lane, passes when there's a shooting lane, shoots into shins, never hits the net, and if you pressure him he's going to turn it over.

Wish we could get Hedman a solid partner.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also I'll agree with the Brewer sentiment. Ideal third pairing Dman.

Also - wtf on the critique of Hedman? He was on the ice against either Malkin or Crosby all night 5v5 and they didn't get an ES point (except for TJ's giveaway), and on top of it he made a good play on Stamkos' goal. What more do you want exactly? Other than the pass behind the net (that was not a great play but no harm, no foul), he was a damn beast defensively all game. He looked straight up elite.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I understand the anger from a couple.

FUNNY thing if had a coach who would say go do Push ups 100 times everytime you do the no look drop pass maybe we could end that lol.

Is not on one guy whole damn group of them do it:(

Has burned us so often so many times can understand some of you are at wits ends.

The crazy part of that? Bet is easier to recall who hasnt done a dumb one this year over all the players whom have.

The second period for awhile I loved our play simple carry drop if have to etc.. playing really smart.

Panik looked really slow to me today.

Lindy excelled I thought he deserved for the third time this year a star.

Im not really mad at tyjo cause honestly close to 10 times a game someone makes a stupid pass up the middle and not to the boards. We got burned on this one.

IMHO We actually were playing one of the best games I have seen us play this year for the most part. Very smart making pitt work even though always the refs were giving them an advantage.

We have to get better awareness and 100% believe in the system and be willing to do the work. Problem is and what

We the fans need to realize?

This is an entirely new team. This is a team with an entirely new identity and this is a team for the first time which can play the system correctly!!

Callahan is that reason. I get why we go up the middle cause in past couldnt fight and win board battles create opportunities and win.

Now we can I see them buying into it each day a little more. Is going to take time. Will not even fully get there by end o year maybe not even next year.

We do finally have the personnel to do it correctly. It will be taught and hopefully we see less of these types of mistakes in critical times:)

Got to love how we bounced back though.

I really believe this is one of our better performances this year in what we will look like when we get this right:)

Ok guys, after calming down...cause I was really steaming after that loss, I retract my statement about Hedman. I think the fact that his inexcusable no-look pass could have easily been the dagger instead of TJ's just sparked some Hedman-directed rage after the game ended. I can forgive Johnson. He's a rookie. I know Hedman is gaining ground with his play, and my complaints about him defensively were way over the top to support my indignation concerning blind passes and not clearing the zone properly.

All that aside, he still sometimes makes some incredibly boneheaded, ill-timed plays at critical points in the game....piss poor passes, stick-checking instead of playing the body, etc. It's just incredibly frustrating when you see a vet making rookie mistakes. Maybe I'm the only one or just too quick to judge, I dunno.

I apologize for the glasses thing myself but im clueless how you draw your conclusion. Sure every defender has games that he is less than steller but hedman for the last 4 years has moved up into the top 20 of defenders in this game. He has done a huge HUGE leap this year and if keeps growing like he is he might get into the top 10 category very quickly.

So dont get the hedman thing at all. He defensively has been by far 99% of games our best guy forever lol. Now he is getting even better. he stick checked pucks today more times than could be counted on crosby and malkin. More than the other guys put together did. Hes never going to be physical but he plays a smart game and he is just improving and if you cant see that something is wrong to me.

I am sure a majority of the board would agree to what I am saying:)

The drop passes are what they are they all do it and would like to hit them at times myself. ALL OF THEM. You never do no look passing in own zone.

I promise you are not the only one fed up with no look and drop passes on our boards:)

When hedman went down this year I am unsure if you watched the games but damn we were a MESS as a team. That is when I started really appreciating him was before his scoring onslaught started even. Before he decided he could turn into Karlsson lol.

If you dont get hedmans worth you are missing something though he is ELITE today he played ELITE as a defender for real.

I dont count the mistakes by the other guys just sit and grumble hedman I am like ok hedman has the puck less worries lol. Ideally I would love him to pummel some people is just not his nature.

I would give the D a B+ today based on all the time on 4 on 5. I would give Lindback an A today.

The forwards the work awareness a A if not for the turnover. We really played well is a shame but honestly? Should have been worse.

We gave up one real breakaway to the best offensive team to me in hockey.

Usually lindback is in net its close to 10. 3 a period.

We are really starting to gel and play well.

Why was mad about negativity etc. This today to me was a good win on road pittsburgh 4 more power plays. 3 Turnovers in own zone creating true scoring chances at the NET? Letting only one goal and 1 breakaway?

If someone told me those stats I would be like against pittsburgh did malkin and crosby miss get stuck in traffic lol:)

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Getting a point from Pittsburgh is huge. Refs totally screwed Tampa in this game. Being down a man 4 on 3 is always a huge disadvantage, the odds are never in your favor.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Two things.

1. Hedman. He is a legit number 1 defenseman. I know for a long time he was Face books bashing boy, but if you actually pay attention it is easy to see he is by far our best defenseman, day in and day out.

2. Tyler Johnson. Hes a kid, he made a bonehead mistake. Lets not act like this has been going on all season however, it was a terrible play and I'm pretty sure he knew he ****ed up as soon as he let that pass go. He is probably his biggest critic in this and I'm sure it will be corrected. Cut the kid some slack, and he will be back to good ol Tyler Johnson in no time.

When was the last time a team had two rookies that cracked 20 goals a peice? I for one would rather have Tyler Johnson on our team than without him, crucifying him for a bad play is idiotic to be honest. Hockey is a game of mistakes, Almost every goal is caused by a mistake somewhere, the game tying goal was all on Tyler Johnson. He also is pretty damn good defensively for us, and is a decent sniper in his own right. A rookie 60 games in the NHL is still a Rookie. It should be expected to have some bumps and bruises a long the way. Good news is, were still in the playoffs, so get over it and prepare for the next game. :p:

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Two things.

1. Hedman. He is a legit number 1 defenseman. I know for a long time he was Face books bashing boy, but if you actually pay attention it is easy to see he is by far our best defenseman, day in and day out.

2. Tyler Johnson. Hes a kid, he made a bonehead mistake. Lets not act like this has been going on all season however, it was a terrible play and I'm pretty sure he knew he ****ed up as soon as he let that pass go. He is probably his biggest critic in this and I'm sure it will be corrected. Cut the kid some slack, and he will be back to good ol Tyler Johnson in no time.

When was the last time a team had two rookies that cracked 20 goals a peice? I for one would rather have Tyler Johnson on our team than without him, crucifying him for a bad play is idiotic to be honest. Hockey is a game of mistakes, Almost every goal is caused by a mistake somewhere, the game tying goal was all on Tyler Johnson. He also is pretty damn good defensively for us, and is a decent sniper in his own right. A rookie 60 games in the NHL is still a Rookie. It should be expected to have some bumps and bruises a long the way. Good news is, were still in the playoffs, so get over it and prepare for the next game. :p:

This.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad